Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 5:02 PM.
Default Tiny challenges for boring moments.
Hey everybody!
I'm the kind of sims2 player that likes to have total control of my households. I like perfect little families with perfect jobs and shiny plumbbobs. It lets me act out my controlfreakiness, but unfortunately it also makes my game very predictable. So I came up with this. A set of disasters/tragedies and challenges, small and large, to make sims life more interesting. I haven't tested all of them yet, but I'm very happy with them, so I thought I'd share them with you guys.
You take a six-sided die, and roll it twice. The first number indicates the set of challenges, the second number the specific challenge. Now, to make this fun, you have to make a promise to yourself beforehand to follow the instructions of the challenge you roll. It may take you in a completely different direction than you had planned for your poor family, but that's the fun of it.
I have expansion packs Nightlife, University and OFB, so my list doesn't incorporate challenges related to other EPs. Feel free, however, to replace some of them with your own creations. And don't be too nice to your sims. Toughen them up a little; It builds their character.
One more thing: You may choose which sim in your household will be the main person in the challenge, but you have to choose one of the appropriate age. Duh. If there aren't any sims of the right age in your household, you may either age one other sim up/down, or forfeit the challenge.

Alright then, here we go. Dice at the ready, people.

Rolled 1 or 2: Set 1
1. The 'what-was-I-thinking' challenge. An adult sim seduces and woohoos with the FIRST NPC you see, even if he/she is fugly. If chosen sim is female, roll for pregnancy. Odd: pregnant, even: not pregnant. Have fun with your fugly extra-marital lovechild.
2. The 'Rainbow-confusion' challenge. A sim, aged teen and up, changes sexual orientation. Roll die to decide. Straight sim: odd = gay, even is bi. Gay sim: odd = straight, even = bi. Bi sim: odd = straight, even = gay. Sims will not interact romantically with a person they are not attracted to, even if they’re currently married to that person. You may decide whether a married couple stays together or breaks up to fuel neighborhood gossip. You may choose whether your sim acts on his/her newfound ‘interests’ or stays in the closet forever...
3. The 'Loki' challenge. Move in an unsuspecting townie or CAS sim and hold them hostage. Build up your victim's skills, only to have them sucked away by your sim. This challenge ends when your sim has stolen enough of your slave's skills to max out one skill.
4. The Co-Parenting Challenge. Break up with/divorce your current partner. You may choose whether to go for the quick (adultery) or slow (alienation) way out. Your ex-partner has to move out of the house. If there are children, roll die for each child to decide who gets custody. Odd = stays with you, even = moves out with ex. If there are no married/joined sims in your household, you’re lucky. For now.
5. The 'Bad Seed' challenge. One child in your household is taking a turn for the worse. He/she won't do his/her homework, be mean to siblings, ignore his/her parents, sneak out when possible and just be a brat, basically. After the first day you have to roll a die once every sim day to determine whether his/her extensive therapy sessions will pay off and if your sim will get his/her life back on track again. Numbers 1-4: Your sim is refusing to play nice. Numbers 5-6: Your sim sees the light and is transformed back into the little angel he/she used to be.
6. The 'Dina' challenge. Your sim is tired of living in squalor and wants to marry up. Find them a rich dude/gal. If they are currently married, you have 1 week to satisfy your sim's lust for cash. Make $5000,- on top of whatever you have right now, or your gold-digger sim will divorce his/her deadbeat partner and move on to find a rich mate. Oh, and you may not sell objects. No self-respecting gold-digger would live in a shack, even if they had a well-filled bank account.

Rolled 3 or 4: Set 2

1. The Internet Scam Challenge. Your household looses all of their money. All their money. Use the familyfunds cheat.
2. The ‘Angelina’ challenge. Adopt three toddlers in a row. If you don’t have enough money to adopt, save up until you do. If you don't have enough room in your household, move some people out or wait until teens go to college. Once the adopting starts, it has to be three in a row.
3. Uh-oh! A sim in your household has an appointment with the Grim Reaper. You may choose the way in which they ‘go’. Pool ladder accident, fire in a room with no door, boolprop… Whichever way they leave this earthly realm is fine, as long as they don’t die of old age. Oh, and no resurrecting. And the grave stays on the lot.
4. Moochers!!! Oh dear, word of your generosity has spread, and people are moving in left and right. The number of people in your household will expand to 8. You may move in friends, family members or fresh CAS sims. None of them are allowed to have a job. All moochers have to be adults or elders. And will never move out again, unless they're in an urn.
5. Living-through-your-children challenge. All children in your household have to be overachievers. On top of that they have to max out one skill before they become adults or go to college. If you have university, you HAVE to send them off to college.
6. The 'nanny 911' challenge. All of the children (toddlers, kids and teens) in your household are out of control! You're not allowed to control them for 1 week. You're not even allowed to select them to check their wants and fears. If there are no children in your household, you have to forfeit this challenge, or put it off untill you've had a chance to grow some kids.

Rolled 5 or 6: Set 3.

1. The 'Tank and Ripp' challenge. Two related sims in your household will become enemies. If there are no related sims, you have to become enemies with your best friend.
2. The 'healthy-food-is-for-hippies' challenge. All sims in your housefood may eat only chinese food and/or pizza for one week. Put the fridge into a sim's inventory to make sure no one secretly binges on salad.
3. The 'My new BFF' challenge. Download Paris Hilton here, move her into another house and kiss her ass untill you're her newest bestest friend. After that, I don't care what you do with/to her.
4. The 'Olive' Challenge. Befriend 5 townies, move them in and KILL THEM. You have to leave the graves on the lot. I recommend not drowning people.
5. The DIY Challenge. No NPC's are allowed on the lot for one week. Fire the maid, the gardener and the nanny. Not that the nanny does much, anyway...
6. Reaching enlightenment. Your sim will sell all earthly posessions and replace them with only the bare necessities. Every person in the household will get one crappy bed to sleep in and one crappy place to sit. No tv, but arts and books are allowed. You are allowed one bathroom only. Your buddha-sim will spend 6 hours per day meditating for one week. After that you may go back to normal (apparently your sim was just going through a consciousness-widening, duality-rejecting spiritual phase in his/her life).

As I said, feel free to come up with and share your own challenge ideas.
Please let me know if you come across any problems.
Oh, and I don't care if you use any cheats, as long as they don't interfere with the idea of the challenge.

Have fun destroying your sims' lives,
Renske.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st May 2009 at 5:41 PM
aaw, ren, these challenges are great looking!
I'm off to try them!

P.s. don't add a twilight one for the love of grilled cheese!

TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL!

23/02/09

I'm bluffin' with my muffin
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd May 2009 at 6:20 AM
I'm like you, I just can't helo but keep my sims happy and boring. Thanks for all these, I can't wait to try them out!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2009 at 7:04 AM
I agree with cthru. Please, do NOT add a twilight one!

I'm definitely going to give these a try.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 5:41 PM
These. Are. Awesome. I'm one of those control-freak people too, I can't stand to see my sims make a mistake. And the way the game works, that doesn't make my game too interesting D8

I'll definitely try these out! They sound evil. In a fiendishly wonderful way. 8)

Also known as Skuld Lunrix, just using my MTS2 account from now on ^_^;
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:27 PM
I like these challenges. The only problem is I wish you had a few more!
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:10 PM
Im definatly trying some of these :D

I don't have a signature. Oh wait...
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 11:03 PM
I know how to age a sim up, but what cheat do I use to age a sim down? Also what is the cheat for familly funds.
After I figure out how to do these two cheats I am going to try this. I, too am bored with the "perfect" sims.
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:33 PM
I think I'm gonna take a few of these challenges and mix them together in the same household- it should be fun...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:31 PM
This sounds like a great idea, renske! Thanks for sharing

LJ
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 9:08 PM
Ooh.. I'm doing my own revised rules of this for the sims 3, Thanks for the idea!
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 6:44 AM
Default This sounds cool
I can't wait to try this!
I always have control of my Sims in a perfect way as well.
This is going to be awesome!
Great idea.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 6:11 PM
This is such a good idea and the mini challenges are really creative as well It will definitely make my game more interesting!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 7:43 PM
Ok this is really a great idea ! Very well done. Im guilty of playing families the same way all the time as well. I might just use this for my current challenge for the later generations just to mix it up a bit.

Follow along with the residents of Tesime on the Test of Time Challenge http://www.simslifeandtimes.blogspot.com/
Tesime Family Tree
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th May 2011 at 1:32 PM
Wow these sound awesome I hate it whenever the game gets boring and I try to spice it up a lil but it never seems to work for long these will definitely keep my game interesting and even add a lil twist to my legacy challenge!
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th May 2011 at 12:32 AM
I love this! Bookmarked for future use. Thanks.

I'll see if I can come up with a few more ...
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th May 2011 at 3:08 PM Last edited by EquationHouse : 28th May 2011 at 8:57 PM.
Last night we saw this thread (through googling something completely unrelated) and we just had to try. We've done the "Angelina Challenge" with the three adopted toddlers. Fun stuff, COMPLETELY changed the course of the family. Plus, it was funny because the parents were Johnny Smith (maxis character) and someone named Katelyn Goss, so by the end of it it was quite literally Johnny and Kate plus eight!

Edit: If you wanted to, you could see the story surrounding the adopted toddlers here: Johnny Smith's Legacy - Chapter One
It's still a work in progress and has other things involved in the story too, naturally, but I thought it might interest you. ^^
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 2:44 AM
Thanks for all of these it will make my BAC challenge more fun
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 11:30 PM
Your challenges were fun to read! Might try some. Bored with my God-like powers, I sometimes pick one of the pre-made families (because they're all ugly and stupid) and actually Give them whatever they even HINT at. I have ACR and unlimited family size, which is just absolutly necessary.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th May 2012 at 5:55 PM
Default Johnny's Story
I really liked reading Johnny's complicated story! I wish it was continued!

Quote: Originally posted by EquationHouse
Last night we saw this thread (through googling something completely unrelated) and we just had to try. We've done the "Angelina Challenge" with the three adopted toddlers. Fun stuff, COMPLETELY changed the course of the family. Plus, it was funny because the parents were Johnny Smith (maxis character) and someone named Katelyn Goss, so by the end of it it was quite literally Johnny and Kate plus eight!

Edit: If you wanted to, you could see the story surrounding the adopted toddlers here: Johnny Smith's Legacy - Chapter One
It's still a work in progress and has other things involved in the story too, naturally, but I thought it might interest you. ^^
Scholar
#21 Old 6th May 2012 at 4:14 PM
I love this challenge! It must took you forever to write it. I"m going to play it right now!

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th May 2012 at 9:26 PM
I love your challenges! Write more
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th May 2012 at 6:52 PM
Ooh, this looks interesting! I think I'm going to try this on my neighborhood the next time I start the rotation, doing one dice roll for each family.

I'll have to come up with some for my University students, though. Some ideas:
1. Your Sim is feeling lazy. No homework, no term papers, no studying, no class, no exams. You can use any other means to raise grades, including friending professors and making other people do your homework. Skilling is allowed, and, in the case of Knowledge Sims, could be a rationale for their little vacation.
2. Your Sim is hot for teacher. Flip for which professor your Sim falls for. From now on, or at least for the duration of the play period, your Sim must invite their teacher over every day and do at least three different romantic interactions with them. Your Sim must make out and woo-hoo with them by the end of the play period.
3. Your Sim wants to be Big (Wo)Man on Campus. Every day your Sim must make friends with three other college students. In addition, your Sim must throw a party once per day as a show of their status.
4. Your Sim hasn't taken advantage of their slutty college years! Have them make out with all of their dorm mates by the end of the play period. Also, to make sure their experimentation is thorough, they must woo-hoo with two Sims, one of each sex, from the following list: Cheerleader, Cow mascot, Llama mascot. If your college student doesn't live in a dorm, they must make out with all Sims they live with along with any college student that walks on the lot, and they must woo-hoo with one student of each sex.

Also something I've been wanting to do for a LONG time for my main neighborhood:
'Hood of the Damned: Using cheats or hacks, get one adult male Sim (and/or female Sim, if you have a hack affecting alien pregnancy in male/female Sims) from each household abducted by aliens on the first day of the play period. This challenge affects the entire neighborhood. Dress all resulting pod children identically until they become teens. You may or may not require yourself to visualize a brick wall.

Could be one of many "global disasters" that affect the entire neighborhood.

But I digress. These mini-challenges are just the thing I need to spice up the neighborhood drama, and now I'm inspired to look for and come up with even more!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 1:00 AM
I love these ideas! I have a few more:

Must fall in love with and move in enough sims to make $100,000 off their funds, and you must keep them and can only kick out those who get jealous when you are not controlling the interaction that makes them jealous.

Your sim must greet every walk-by possible and woohoo with every sim they meet that they have 2 bolts with and must move in every one they have 3 bolts with.

Your sim must use the skill-sucker to suck all sims' skills until they max every one.

In college, your sim must woohoo the cow, the llama, the cheerleader, and the streaker, and then move them all in as lovers after they graduate.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 1:31 AM
Perhaps it's my penchant for creating happily families and watching them slowly disintegrate but, the "mini challenges" I like to assign always have to do with affairs:

Make a perfectly happy family (a mother, father and one or two children), and, have both parents carry on affairs, eventually moving their lovers into the house, seeing how long it'll take before their spouse gets wind of it.

It's pretty fun, trying to be sneaky enough to make the other spouse miss what's going on, and, I love seeing them just almost get caught.

Or, have a Sim befriend another (become best friends, actually), then carry on an affair with their best friend's spouse. Possibly while already married themselves. See how long it takes for a divorce of either couple to happen, and, then, carry on the process by having the Sim that was caught cheating move their lover in (while/if their furious spouse still resides with them), and, then, carry on an affair with both of them, moving more and more people in until you've slept with practically all of the neighborhood. (You can only move someone out after they've gotten jealous three times, or, no matter what you do, you just can't reconcile the relationship in an appropriate amount of time - four/five days).

You can always, of course, have your Sim see other Sims that aren't necessarily moved in.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Page 1 of 2