Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2009 at 12:01 AM
Paramore
Okay, so I'm obsessed with Paramore. I was wondering, what about the rest of you? Or am I the only Paramore addict? My favorite songs are Misery Business, Crushcrushcrush, and Decode. They're pretty much the only ones I listen to.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd May 2009 at 12:42 AM
Here, here! I'm such a Parawhore, I've been thinking about dying my hair the same color as Hayley's! Otherwise I know all their songs by heart, I have every CD they've released, and all their LP's.

I first heard about them a few years ago when the video for Pressure was released, I even learned it in Simlish so I could sing along when it plays on the Sims 2 on the PS2.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd May 2009 at 7:13 AM
LOVELOVELOVE Paramore! Wearing my Paramore tee at the moment actually :D

My favourites are probably Emergency, We Are Broken and Decode. But it changes all the time.

I got into them about 2 and a half years ago, loved them ever since I heard Emergency because I knew people online who liked them.

Anyone seen them live? I would love to, but when they toured Australia they missed my state so I haven't had the chance yet. If they skip us again next time they're here, I'm flying to Sydney to see them, fo sho.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2009 at 7:29 AM
The only song I like is Decode, but it a decent band. Not many rocker girls are out there
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2009 at 9:07 PM
I heard of them when I heard of Twilight. That movie has done so much for me. :P
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd May 2009 at 9:39 PM
Yeah, the two exclusive songs they did for Twilight really sky rocketed their career to superstar status. Though I'm not a huge fan of the film, I bought the CD just to support them, and Decode is possibly the greatest song ever made! Heheh.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd May 2009 at 10:04 PM
Yeah, I asked my friend Bijul if she like paramore and she said something along the lines of "OMG I love Paramore! My favorite song is crushcrushcrush" and I listened to it and after a while I liked it, and then I got sort of "adventurous" and listened to Misery Business and after a couple more times I loved it!
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd May 2009 at 10:27 PM
OMG I love paramore! I kind of found out about them in a really weird, complicated way though...

See my parents got me 'Twilight' for christmas, they'd heard about it cause of the movie and they always get me books for christmas so yeah, I read Twilight. Then I went to see the movie, and then I got the movie soundtrack which had Paramore on it! And I listened to those songs more than 200 times each and when i got an ipod for my birthday, I bought all their other songs off itunes, and now i've listened to them all more than 200 times each! So i'm a fairly new fan but i'm a big one!

I check the website every day, no make that every hour, i listen to their songs on my ipod constantly, even while i'm asleep!
And yes, i am slightly crazy

It's hard to pick out my favourite songs, cause they're all my favourites, but my current favourite favourites are
Stop this Song (Lovesick Melody)
Here we go Again
Fences
Whoa
Brighter
Conspiracy
Okay, i give up on deciding which ones are my favourites

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Instructor
#9 Old 22nd May 2009 at 11:09 PM
I love love love love love Paramore! They are amazing! I love all their songs (and know all the words!)

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 23rd May 2009 at 5:43 AM
It's sad that people ONLY know them from Twilight and don't bother to even listen to their older stuff (not you guys, but I know people like that)

They've been an amazing band for longer than they've been on the soundtrack, it's just disappointing to see people completely disregard their entire catalogue besides Decode.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 23rd May 2009 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by danirawr_SC
It's sad that people ONLY know them from Twilight and don't bother to even listen to their older stuff (not you guys, but I know people like that)

They've been an amazing band for longer than they've been on the soundtrack, it's just disappointing to see people completely disregard their entire catalogue besides Decode.

I know right, I loved their music before that crap Twilight came out. I still listen to all their songs, even the ones from that dumb movie. THey are a really good band.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 23rd May 2009 at 6:09 AM
Well, I love Twilight and even the movie, so I was pretty happy they were on the soundtrack. But it sucked when they suddenly got massive with the hordes of teenies that are generally associated with the Twilight fandom, they probably didn't even know they'd had two albums before Decode.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:40 AM
I liked Paramore before the whole Twilight thing. I thought, finally, a rock band with a girl frontman that can appeal to (most) everyone. Now they just seem like another idol for little teen girls... just not my demographic. I went to one of their concerts and I think 80% of the people there were girls and 16 or under.

If you were a Sim, would anybody want to play you?
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:18 AM
I never liked 'Crushcrushcrush', it started to annoy me so much because it was always playing in the radio. 'Misery Business' was better and 'Decode' from Twilight soundtrack is great. I also like 'I Caught Myself', the other track from the same soundtrack. I'm not really a fan, but I like the way they sound and I hope the best for them in the future.
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 10:00 AM
I Like paramore, though not the RIOT! album, it just feels incomplete somehow (guess 1 guitarist missing really matters)

If you listen to All We Know is Falling (better album imho) then there is a huge difference.
Instructor
#16 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 10:50 AM
Argg, I jumped on the band wagon when I heard decode from Twilight *shamed*

I assure you all I am no teeny bopper though so spare the bottles, I knew about them before Twilight just never bothered to listen I guess I will check them out better.

What is considered the best album?

^_^
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:10 PM
Get All We Know Is Falling, its their 2005(1st) album =)
Then theres the Summer Tic EP after that. Farro actually screams in one of the songs, neat.
Instructor
#18 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beear
Get All We Know Is Falling, its their 2005(1st) album =)
Then theres the Summer Tic EP after that. Farro actually screams in one of the songs, neat.

Awesome thanks..shall check those out.

^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:22 PM
In my defense, it's not my fault I didn't like them before I liked Twilight. I tend to find a favorite singer/band and stick with them, not bothering to look at other bands. I just hadn't heard them because I never payed attention.
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:40 PM
Thats cool, for me im the opposite, i like to listen to a variety of bands. Powerpop, DeathMetal, Newwave, Electro, Grindcore, etc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 3:47 AM
I listen to a variety now. Just a fairly small one, and some I only like the songs by them that were on the Twilight soundtrack. Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park, Supermassive Black Hole by Muse, and then a few songs by Carrie Underwood, Natasha Bedingfield, Lily Allen, Paramore, and Taylor Swift. So it's a variety of music, just a small one.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:28 AM
It's completely fine to enjoy their music because you came exposed to it through Twilight. When I mentioned my peeve with that, I meant the people who like them PURELY because they're associated with Twilight.

You know the type...they cling to something and then obsess over anything related, even if they claimed to hate it before.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:33 PM
Oh. Ew. Yeah, the more insane fangirls give Twilight fans a bad name.
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 9:37 PM
I never saw Twilight, let alone listen to the soundtrack. I figured it would be that chicky movie all the girls in the mall would be talking about, so I just avoided it. But I am obsessed with Paramore (like my username doesn't prove it ) and really need to go see them live. Anyone know if they're coming to California??
Theorist
#25 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:57 PM
Paramore is pretty good! I first heard them through their Simlish version of Pressure on the console version of The Sims 2 a few years ago and liked it a lot. Then a few years later I played That's What You Get on Rock Band and that's when I started paying more attention to Paramore. In addition to the ones I mentioned I also like Fences, Misery Business, and Decode.