Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Birthday Cake with a Birthday Wish

by MogHughson Posted 23rd May 2009 at 4:17 PM - Updated 15th Feb 2010 at 11:05 PM by MogHughson

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 23rd May 2009 at 4:23 PM
Amazing! Thank you so much for this!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Inventor
#3 Old 23rd May 2009 at 4:36 PM
I love this! Everyone gets wishes where I live too! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd May 2009 at 4:41 PM
this is so cute! ♥
I reeeeeeally love it :3
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd May 2009 at 4:51 PM
This is such a great idea, but the wishes are rather limited, particularly for children, they only have 2? Would it be possible to include more things for kids to wish for? Like better grades, a baby brother, a new gaming system, stuff like that? The chance of them getting their wish shouldn't be that high either. The reason adults are cynical about wishing is they know they don't come true. All suggestions aside, you always come up with the best stuff, THANKS!!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd May 2009 at 4:56 PM Last edited by NinS : 23rd May 2009 at 5:11 PM.
One more of this great "never knew I needed it before someone made it things" -I never even concidered it before and now I cant live without it!

*Downloads with the speed of lightning*

Thanks for making it! -What a great idea!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 23rd May 2009 at 6:07 PM
You always come up with the best ideas! Thanks so much for this!!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd May 2009 at 6:12 PM
this is very cool, but yeah, i agree. do you think it would be possible for sims to wish for objects instead maybe? like a real birthday? i've never liked the genie wishes so much.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd May 2009 at 7:29 PM
That is a great hack. THX Mog
Instructor
#10 Old 23rd May 2009 at 7:29 PM
Wow, what an awesome hack. I really appreciate your hard work. Thanks so much!
Banned
#11 Old 23rd May 2009 at 7:47 PM
Parents to stop fighting? New toy? Good grades?
Just a few suggestions for new wishes for little kids. Thanx for the mod. you rock at modding
Bottoms up
Evie
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd May 2009 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Jake Lucas : 23rd May 2009 at 8:52 PM. Reason: bad spealling on my part... maybe I should wish for better grammer!
Aye, cynical and sarcastic...... this cake won't work for me then lol

Thanks for bringing innocence to the sims children, us adults are probably thinking, yeah right, Genie my butt! lol

xx thanks 4 this downlad
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd May 2009 at 8:58 PM
Maybe you could increase the wishes with the ones from the wishing well that came with seasons?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd May 2009 at 9:19 PM
Wow, great idea ! Thank you
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd May 2009 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
This is such a great idea, but the wishes are rather limited, particularly for children, they only have 2? Would it be possible to include more things for kids to wish for? Like better grades, a baby brother, a new gaming system, stuff like that? The chance of them getting their wish shouldn't be that high either. The reason adults are cynical about wishing is they know they don't come true. All suggestions aside, you always come up with the best stuff, THANKS!!!
As a starting point I simply linked in the pre-existing wishes from the Genie Lamp - but I think it would be quite possible to make other wishes, and presumably to link them into the genie in the lamp as well as the birthday cake. In fact, hopefully any custom content wishes wouldn't require a particular EP, then I could make this work for Base Game players too.

Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
this is very cool, but yeah, i agree. do you think it would be possible for sims to wish for objects instead maybe? like a real birthday? i've never liked the genie wishes so much.
Looks like another vote for other wishes

Quote: Originally posted by Goldgab
Maybe you could increase the wishes with the ones from the wishing well that came with seasons?
Gosh - I had completely forgotten about those. I will take a look.

Thanks for all the ideas.
Cheers
Mog
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd May 2009 at 10:21 PM
What about toddlers?! Just because Mommy or Daddy blows the cake out doesn't mean they can't wish! And adults who are children at heart. XD

I also motion more wishes. What do kids need with money???

Awesome item though! Did get!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 23rd May 2009 at 11:10 PM
This is very cool. Unfortunately my teens never have birthday cakes. They go to college. That only leaves the two wishes that kids can have and I only add days onto the lives of adults, so that leaves money.

If you do make it with more wishes for kids or with more ages available to use it . . . (though for me I use the elixer of life to keep my adults from aging), I will get it. For the record, I still make wishes when I blow out my candles even though I am an adult.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd May 2009 at 11:18 PM
A very cool mod I'm glad people are still into improving Sims 2 like this! THANK YOU!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th May 2009 at 12:02 AM
Awesome idea, and I third the motion for more wishes (especially better grades or a new toy) and I have a question: How does it work to wish for a longer life (adding 3 days onto the current life stage) during a birthday? Say, if a Teen uses that wish and is successful, does that mean they're a Teen for 3 more days, or that they are an Adult for 3 extra days? I guess I'm asking do the effects of the wish take place before or after they age up?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th May 2009 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igloolik
How does it work to wish for a longer life (adding 3 days onto the current life stage) during a birthday? Say, if a Teen uses that wish and is successful, does that mean they're a Teen for 3 more days, or that they are an Adult for 3 extra days? I guess I'm asking do the effects of the wish take place before or after they age up?
The extra days are added onto the next life period, so in your example, they would be an Adult for an extra 3 days. The effects of the wish take place after they age up.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th May 2009 at 11:37 PM
Awesome, I was hoping/ figuring that's the way it would work. Thanks.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:17 AM
Phenomenal! Thanks so much for thinking of this!
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th May 2009 at 4:54 PM
Thanks for this mod!
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:05 PM
C:
you're awesome -
I love you, thanks .

de
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 3:39 AM
awsome
tell me how you did it i was drinking root beer when i saw your mod i spit out the root beer
Page 1 of 2