Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:07 AM Last edited by ktbcca : 14th Jul 2009 at 6:17 AM.
Default Star Students Calendar- Winner Announced!
(other)

The PTA of Pleasantville High is putting together a calendar to honor the Star Students of the class of 2010! They are looking for a skilled photographer to design each of the fourteen images to be published. Impress the PTA enough and your photos could be seen on walls around Pleasantville for months to come!

Description:

There will be four rounds in this contest and no application round. Each round you will be required to create three teens (students) each representing one month for the calendar. In round two and round four you will also be required to submit a group shot of the students you created. I will provide a short description of each student and why they have been chosen for the calendar. I will also specify which month the student must pose for. It will be your job to photograph the student in a setting that represents the reason they have been named a Star Student. You may also take it a step further and attempt to represent the month the student is posing for on top of showing why they are a Star Student, but it is not required.

Rules:

Every student you create MUST be a teen
Students must be your own creation
Only one entry per person
You may use pose hacks and Photoshop (photoshopping will not be judged)
Custom content is allowed
Please follow all forum rules

You cannot delete any of the students you create as they will be used in group shots in later rounds. This being the case, you may want to keep the students on the same lot if possible. In round two the group shot will depict the students from round one and two. In round four the group shot will depict the students from round three and four. The group shots will only have six students in them so anyone who doesn't have a ‘more than 8 sims per lot’ hack can still participate.

For purposes of this contest we are assuming Pleasantville is in the northern hemisphere. If you are going to represent the time of year in your photos please follow the seasons according to what they would be in the northern hemisphere.

There will be no eliminations. Whoever has accumulated the most points at the end of the contest will win.

Judging:

This is not a beauty contest, so the actually appearance of your teens is not going to be judged. The only appearance requirement will be gender.
You will be judged on the following-

Representation of Student- 0-10
How well you depicted their achievement.
Picture- 0-10
Lighting, Pose, Creativity, etc.
Adherence to Rules- 0-5
Self explanatory.

Round Guidelines:
Round One
Round Two
Round Three
Round Four

PTA (judges):
1. MissTech
2. ktbcca
3. AnimalMad
EPTA (emergency judges):

Contestants:
1. aba23- Round I|Round II|Round III
2. happyasabunny- Round I|Round II|Round III|Round IV
3. Meeka- Round I|Round II|Round III|Round IV
4. xemptybrkneyesx- Round I|Round II|Round III|Round IV

Dropped Out:
00. bb4daddy123- Round I|Round II
00. clw8- Round I|Round II

Prizes:
Eliyana has made this amazing prize for the winner of the contest!
Thank you Eliyana.

Due June 22, 2009 @ 10pm PST (GMT -8)

January-
Abby Sims (female) is without a doubt a great student, but this isn’t the only reason she has been named January’s Star Student. Abby has always been a caring individual, but last year she put her caring to work and began volunteering at the local animal shelter. She can be found walking the dogs and playing with the cats at least four days a week!

February-
Cody Dahl (male) shined this year when he completed his long time project; a video game to help children in the special education class at Pleasantville Elementary learn skills like math and reading. Cody’s game made it so the school did not have to spend a large amount of money on a professionally made learning game. Cody is a long time gamer and became interested in developing games at a young age.

March-
Becky Slater (female) is NOT a drama queen, and don’t ever let her hear you say it! Becky has starred in countless school productions and has performed at the local playhouse many times since she first became interested in drama in grade four. She can sing, she can dance, but best of all, this girl can ACT!

Please submit one picture for each student depicting your best representation of their personality and achievement. Please provide short descriptions of each photo.
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:07 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 6.8.09
Ends 7.8.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:52 AM
Woot! Checking in now.
Fire away
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:00 AM
So for round one we are only entering Jan, Feb, March and they only have 1 sim in each?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:37 AM Last edited by ktbcca : 9th Jun 2009 at 7:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Whatwedobest
So for round one we are only entering Jan, Feb, March and they only have 1 sim in each?

Yes, and round two will be April, May, June...and so on.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:30 PM
Can I Judge?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 9:00 PM
Yes, absolutely. Thanks jj1010
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:51 AM Last edited by aba23 : 10th Jun 2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: description correction
Default Round 1- aba23
Here are my ideas for the star student calender. Being a photograph is still a hobby of mine and I would like to make it my Job. This contest might show me how good (or bad) I am.

January

I wanted to show how Abby interacts with animals. These animals you see on the picture are her foster dogs and kiddies. At the moment she has one cat and two dogs. The animals follow her wherever she goes. Its a lively bunch of creatures and it was fairly hard to capture them while they are running freely.

February

I asked Cody to have a shot in his room. Here is where he developed the game. I tried to have him pose relative natural but confident. After all he is a Star Student! He has an extensive collection of games and accessoirs. His room is a little boys dream, filled with electronics, games and more games.

March

Acting is Beckys passion and being on stage is all that she wants, thats what she told me. So I asked her to put on one of her customs and pose in a scenery of the last play they did. We did capture this shot not on stage but in the rehearsal rooms in the theatre building. I found the light there fairly better, and the athmosphere was much warmer, not only because of the fire in the back.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:54 AM
aba23- Great Round I, thanks for joining! =)
Yes, please provide a short description for each photo. Why you chose what you did, etc.

Quote: Originally posted by ktbcca
Please submit one picture for each student depicting your best representation of their personality and achievement. Please provide short descriptions of each photo.
Instructor
#10 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:35 PM
If you are still in need of judges, I would be happy to be a regular or an ej.
Theorist
#11 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 5:31 PM
*has lost sims 2 disk*
are sims 3 entries allowed?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 11:16 PM
MissTech- Thank you! I'll add you to the judges list.
alfie_boots- Sims 3 entries are allowed. But, I will say it might be a bit difficult to do without the options and CC that is available in TS2.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 11:33 PM
How long will round 1 be open for?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 12:32 AM
Meeka, thank you! I can't believe I forgot to add that.
Round I will be due on June 15 at 10pm PST. I've added it to the first post.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 2:09 AM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/...pictures/s1.jpg

This is Abby Sims. She is a loving and caring girl. After working with this pictured calico cat she decided to take it home. She named this cat Tina.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/...pictures/s2.jpg

This is Cody Dahl. In this picture he is working on his next game to help children with science. He loves computer science. After high school that is what he plans on going into.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/...pictures/s3.jpg

This is Becky Slater. She was singing in a musical that she wrote. She plans to one day be famous and be on Broadway or she plans to have people do her shows on Broadway.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 2:12 AM
Great! Thanks for joining happyasabunny!

I may extend Round I into Round II to see if we can get some more participants...but I'm not sure that we will. Does anyone have an opinion on the matter?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:56 PM
I would but don't wait to long or your contest will be shut down...like mine.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 7:45 PM
Its weird that, with the entry of Sims3 people seem not to enter contests anymore. I have not seen anyone posting anything here so I am not sure what you should do.

I really like the contest and hope that you can go on.

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 8:44 PM
It sure is sad that contests stuggle to get contestants these days Mine was closed down too. I think you have 2 weeks from the day Your contest is approved to fill it up, so there is still hope :P

Hosting my first contest "Style and Culture" :D
Find it here: Style and culture contest
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:05 AM
Thanks you guys

I will extend Round I into Round II, so Round I will be due on June 22, which is exactly two weeks since the contest started. I'll update the first post the reflect this.

Hope we get some more people!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 6:26 PM
I'll try to get my app/round I in today.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:23 PM
That would be awesome bb4daddy123 - thanks!

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:29 PM
Maybe we should limit it to 2 judges and 2 ej and the rest should be contestants...that might work better. Judges seem to be the first thing filled.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:29 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/...Snapshot-27.jpg Abby Sims has three dogs.She adores playing with her youngest dog,Shakesphere and donates money to the local animal shelter whenever possible. http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/...creenshot-1.jpg Cody helps create computer games and invites children to come over to give lessons in game making. http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/...Snapshot-29.jpg Becky just finished a new romance movie and is at a photoshoot for the movie cover.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:40 PM Last edited by Meeka : 15th Jun 2009 at 12:44 AM.
January - Abby Sims

Abby playing fetch with her beloved pooch Otis in the garden. They are the best of friends and Otis loves meeting all the new cats and dogs that Abby befriends when she helps out at the animal shelter.

February - Cody Dahl

Cody has alway known there was a way to combining gaming and educational learning together and in his bedroom with his books and computer is where it all happened.

March - Becky Slater

This girl is natural born actress. Here she is playing the role every girl dreams of, a beautiful princess waiting to be saved by her knight in shining armour.

-----------------

I hope people likes this and that we get more joiners?!

Page 1 of 5