Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4876 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 5:29 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 20th Apr 2015 at 7:55 PM.
Just wondering if anyone ever had this happen: I started a game in Riverview, a town I haven't played for many years. I noticed in map view that there seemed to be a lot more sims than there used to be. Still on Day 1 I noticed that some sims were standing outside the bistro crying and thinking about a dead sim. I thought maybe a sim was getting reaped nearby so I went up to map view and saw the sim in question. She was standing outside the police station with another elder sim and a younger sim was crying about that sim.
So after my sims went home I was looking around and I realized that all these sims were from the cemetery - alive again and the game has assigned them all jobs, etc and stuffed them into houses.Edit: Oh, yes, and they're all very sad - because they've found themselves back in the Vale of Tears that is Riverview, I presume.
It's like the Sims 3 version of The Returned.
Not sure if it's a CC thing or what - I'll have to investigate further.
Advertisement
Inventor
#4877 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 6:45 AM Last edited by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK : 27th Apr 2015 at 2:57 PM.
I've read about people moving sims into commercial/community lots and it seems to me that I'd also seen that option before in the past , when I decided to actually try it last night I couldn't figure out how to do it. I have a sim family that lives next to the festival grounds and I thought I'd have one of the young adults basically live at the festival grounds. I thought it was an option available via Master Controller , but no luck. I initially tried having her just move in and then tried again after I had her purchase the lot with the same lack of success. I then built a public restroom facility and an adjoining private room with a bed and a small fridge in place. Still no luck. So , a bunch of questions. Are only certain types of lot zoning eligible for this? Does the sim in question need to own the lot? What does the lot need to contain as far as bed, toilet, fridge etc ? Where on MC will I see this option once I have the requirements met? Do I need NRaas story progression for this ( I have used it, but am not in this hood and I am reasonably sure I've seen the option to move a sim into a commercial/community lot in the past)? I have a sim that has a sleeping bag, a frisbee, 5 packs of smokes, some edible food and 3 of the hobo booze bottles by Zedrael/simsmx.in her inventory. They are more than ready to jump start their new life. Any help/tips/suggestions/guesses much appreciated, thanks!

ETA A fellow simmer was kind enough to help me figure this out via PM. The option is on MC, the cheats module for MC may or may not be required also. I had neglected to go into Settings on MC and allow sims to be added to community lots, once that change was made it was easy. I'm still experimenting with it and have found out the sim being moved to the comm. lot doesn't need to be the owner. I have four sims living in a warehouse that's set up to throw raves , two sims living in the park by city hall and one living at the festival grounds. The mayor and chief of police aren't real thrilled about the rapidly expanding base of squatters. :D

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Lab Assistant
#4878 Old 4th May 2015 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clockworkapple
Is it possible to create Townies yet?

Thanks for the help xx

I use Master Controller and go into CAS and completely modify the existing townies, including name changes. Just keep in mind who they were previously friends with and related to or you will have to also edit that. I couldn't live without Master Controller.
Instructor
#4879 Old 5th May 2015 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Just wondering if anyone ever had this happen: I started a game in Riverview, a town I haven't played for many years. I noticed in map view that there seemed to be a lot more sims than there used to be. Still on Day 1 I noticed that some sims were standing outside the bistro crying and thinking about a dead sim. I thought maybe a sim was getting reaped nearby so I went up to map view and saw the sim in question. She was standing outside the police station with another elder sim and a younger sim was crying about that sim.
So after my sims went home I was looking around and I realized that all these sims were from the cemetery - alive again and the game has assigned them all jobs, etc and stuffed them into houses.Edit: Oh, yes, and they're all very sad - because they've found themselves back in the Vale of Tears that is Riverview, I presume.
It's like the Sims 3 version of The Returned.
Not sure if it's a CC thing or what - I'll have to investigate further.

Happy to know that it's not just me who sees the dead risen. This happens when I open a world, go back to the main screen, and then open a fresh new world without closing out and clearing my cache files first. The way you described it, your dead sound much more interesting than mine. I see dead people and I slam the door on them.
Mad Poster
#4880 Old 5th May 2015 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
Happy to know that it's not just me who sees the dead risen. This happens when I open a world, go back to the main screen, and then open a fresh new world without closing out and clearing my cache files first. The way you described it, your dead sound much more interesting than mine. I see dead people and I slam the door on them.

Thanks for answering
I didn't open the world and then go back to the main menu, but as it was a new game, I did go to Edit Town first and added some houses and deleted a lot so that I could place a bigger lot for the house I wanted for my sims. So maybe something went wrong because I did that.
I closed the undead game and tried started another one and the dead weren't risen this time.
I wouldn't have minded, but there were just too many of them to deal with.
Instructor
#4881 Old 7th May 2015 at 12:04 PM
Is there a way to change the music that plays in build and buy mode? Like to song that plays on the radio?
Inventor
#4882 Old 7th May 2015 at 2:36 PM Last edited by Arsil : 7th May 2015 at 2:57 PM.
The songs are defined by AUDT resources that act as a kind of playlist.

Unless I'm completely wrong, they are in FullBuild1 and are named:
- music_mode_buy
- music_mode_map
- music_mode_build
- music_mode_live
- music_mode_edit_town
- music_mode_cas
- music_mode_ingame_store (this one is in DeltaBuild1)

I'm not sure if you can override them with a playlist from a stereo station (they seem to use different settings),
but I think you can change the single songs. With S3PE's Grid, you can edit (change, add and remove) the Item
entries of the block with Id "Samples" to refer to the Instance ID of the _AUD resource of the song you want.

If you want to make a test, try to replace all "instance" fields of the Items of the Samples block of the build (or buy)
mode AUDT with 0x1D2439FDFD37BD2D - that if I "spelled" it correctly should be the Instance of the first song in
the Electronica stereo station - to verify if the songs are replaced (of course you must not change it directly, you
have to extract it into a new package and edit it from there, never edit directly the game resources).

Mmmm... those AUDT resources are overridden by those specific of a EP, I thought they were added to the BG
songs instead of replacing them. Or maybe they don't override them but are somehow merged when you install
the EP. Whatever.
Instructor
#4883 Old 10th May 2015 at 8:28 AM
I'm working on lots for Hylewood, a custom world by Nilxis. I plan on using it mostly as a travel/vacation destination. My question is: Are mausoleums necessary in towns? I have them in all my regular towns and I'm wondering what happens to the dead when there is no mausoleum.

"Bring out your dead." If only I could have them collected Monty Python style.
Alchemist
#4884 Old 13th May 2015 at 3:56 PM
Does fertilizing plants actually do something? I haven't noticed it increasing the quality of the plant, regardless of the quality of the fertilizer.
Do the plants yield more produce or something? At this point my sim has maxed out gardening and I don't want to waste time with fertilizing if it barely does anything :/
One Minute Ninja'd
#4885 Old 13th May 2015 at 4:26 PM
It does help your plants 'level up" in quality faster, especially for the rare and special plants that can be a bitch to get to "perfect". I usually just had my sim catch a bunch of fish and that always worked well. At least until Dolphin's Magic Gardening Gnome, which just did all that crap for me (highly recommended, and still working fine), as well as the watering and weeding. Made gardening way easier.
#4886 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Does fertilizing plants actually do something? I haven't noticed it increasing the quality of the plant, regardless of the quality of the fertilizer.
Do the plants yield more produce or something? At this point my sim has maxed out gardening and I don't want to waste time with fertilizing if it barely does anything :/

I haven't done a statistical analysis, but with fertilizer, plants go to fruit sooner, live longer, and produce more.

I grow lots of flame fruit just because it makes the best fertilizer.

Of course, plumbots can "optimum fertilize" with nothing at all - even if they learned gardening and don't have the robo-gardener trait chip.
Instructor
#4887 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:12 PM
The plasma fruit you can buy at the grocery store has a fertilizer strength of outstanding. i usually just buy a bunch of those.
Alchemist
#4888 Old 14th May 2015 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
It does help your plants 'level up" in quality faster, especially for the rare and special plants that can be a bitch to get to "perfect".

I think this is a common misconception about fertilizer. Fertilizer actually has nothing to do with the plant's quality. Fertilizer increases plant's health (-100 to 100). The higher the plant's health, the faster it will grow. If the health gets below 0, the plant will wilt and eventually die.

Just call me Nikel
Alchemist
#4889 Old 14th May 2015 at 7:22 AM
Thank you very much for the answers, everyone!
Instructor
#4890 Old 15th May 2015 at 10:45 AM
Is there a way to "reset" or "delete" sims personal history? Like, I have family saved in my sim bin, but I have played with them before saving them so they come with "package" so to speak.. I want to start fresh and was thinking is it possible? With MC or something. I know I can just save both of them individually and connect the family lines again...
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4891 Old 15th May 2015 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
Is there a way to "reset" or "delete" sims personal history? Like, I have family saved in my sim bin, but I have played with them before saving them so they come with "package" so to speak.. I want to start fresh and was thinking is it possible? With MC or something. I know I can just save both of them individually and connect the family lines again...
You can delete skills, hidden traits, accumulated extra outfits and everything like that with MC. If you want to also remove their opportunity history (including WA adventures) you can do this with NRaas DebugEnabler.
It'd be quicker though to simply start with them in CAS all over again.
Instructor
#4892 Old 16th May 2015 at 2:06 AM
Okay this may be a stupid question but I am going ahead with it any way. Is there a mod out there that will fix it so ghosts act like, well Ghosts. I started playing as one and I have to say I don't see the point, they are the same as normal Sims only I can see through them. They still need to eat, bath, sleep or they die. What sense does that make?! They are already dead, they shouldn't need to do any of that stuff. That's like having a vampire that can die of old age, what is the point?
Field Researcher
#4893 Old 16th May 2015 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Okay this may be a stupid question but I am going ahead with it any way. Is there a mod out there that will fix it so ghosts act like, well Ghosts. I started playing as one and I have to say I don't see the point, they are the same as normal Sims only I can see through them. They still need to eat, bath, sleep or they die. What sense does that make?! They are already dead, they shouldn't need to do any of that stuff. That's like having a vampire that can die of old age, what is the point?

I believe NRAAS StoryProgression can help with that. Under Castes look for Ghosts and under Static Motive turn off what you want. To prevent them aging turn off Death: Allow Aging. Be warned, StoryProgression is a fairly heavy mod and for some people it slows their game hugely, but the amount of tweaking you can do with it is mindblowing.
Instructor
#4894 Old 16th May 2015 at 4:46 AM
Thanks I will give it a shot. I don't think it will be a problem on my system and I have one of their mods on my game already.

Thanks a bunch, I really don't see the point of ghosts that need to eat, I mean that is just a normal living person if you ask me.
Instructor
#4896 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:48 AM
By the way for pure game balance issues I can understand not wanting the ghosts to be able to get along without normal every day stuff since it would kind of break the game but my question then is, why include them in the first place? I mean if having them act like ghosts messes up the game then just leave them out. If I decide to play as a ghost that means that I want the ghost to act like a ghost. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Test Subject
#4897 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:51 AM
Why do my plants always get eaten?
Instructor
#4898 Old 20th May 2015 at 4:18 AM
Wild animals and zombies love plants. Build a fence around your garden and make sure you lock the gate.
Instructor
#4899 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:45 PM
Is there a way to delete an active Sims from your game?

Right now one of my games has been wrecked because standing out in an open field one of the child Sims came up to a parent sim and asked for a bed time story and I guess he stepped too close because now the game is all jammed up and both sims are claiming they can't moth in any direction and they have been stuck their for two days and the adult sim is about to get demoted.

I think the only way to fix this would be to delete the child Sims. I have put more then a week into this file and I don't want to have to start over from scratch.
Instructor
#4900 Old 21st May 2015 at 11:09 PM
^Have you tried resetting them?
Page 196 of 385