Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Replies: 7294 (Who?), Viewed: 673444 times.
Page 292 of 292
Theorist
#7276 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 4:16 AM Last edited by igazor : 31st Dec 2017 at 4:34 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpal425
Would it be safe to use this on DCBackup folder? Or would it affect ccmerged.package? Just is a pain to clear out that folder every time.

That's...creative. (don't you hate unhelpful comments like this, it's like when your doctor suddenly says "Oh, that's interesting" in the middle of a physical exam)

I think it might work until the day comes when for some reason you have to re-install some premium store content for whatever reason and forget to unlock the folder so that ccmerge can update itself. But DCBackup only gets written to and filled up with stuff when new things are added to the game, at least this has been my experience, and clearing it out again just becomes reflex when doing so. Are you seeing it do so more often than that, or is it the case that you add newly downloaded and installed store and custom items to your game before every game session so that it's really impossible to tell?
Forum Resident
#7277 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 7:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
That's...creative. (don't you hate unhelpful comments like this, it's like when your doctor suddenly says "Oh, that's interesting" in the middle of a physical exam)

I think it might work until the day comes when for some reason you have to re-install some premium store content for whatever reason and forget to unlock the folder so that ccmerge can update itself. But DCBackup only gets written to and filled up with stuff when new things are added to the game, at least this has been my experience, and clearing it out again just becomes reflex when doing so. Are you seeing it do so more often than that, or is it the case that you add newly downloaded and installed store and custom items to your game before every game session so that it's really impossible to tell?

I don't know. It gets new files every time I load up the game. I knew it had something to do with store stuff, or at least I assumed, but I wasn't sure. Thus I don't know if it'd be safe to proceed. I mean, I do have store content in, but I won't be installing anything for the next... well, forever. I really only have a few odds and ends, like a wedding arch and some nursery items.

When one of your forum help questions don't get replied to...
http://data.whicdn.com/images/49363570/large.gif
Scholar
#7278 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 6:23 PM Last edited by CatMuto : 1st Jan 2018 at 2:23 PM.
What can cause the game to crash when switching Households? ErrorTrap is not popping up with anything. I haven't altered my mods. Only change was some hairstyles.
Or do merged packages just increase the chance of the game crashing?

I need to alter my question: what can cause a SIM to be corrupted? Because I did a new file, and the game still crashed when I put that Sim into a house and switched to it. As said before, no altered mods between her creation and that of the previous household. She was one that I made by using randomize the whole sim in CAS.

Other question, is there a mod or so that allows pregnant sims to use the Beehive?
Field Researcher
#7279 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:06 PM
How are stepchildren treated by the rest of the family? If a single parent marries would their spouse's niblings count as first cousins for their kid in the eyes of the game? For example, if one of my game born were to marry Leighton Sekemoto, could her nephew marry Sam?
Scholar
#7280 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 6:02 PM
if they aren't shown as related i'm pretty sure they can marry

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart. my group for the pre-mades group http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay...546&groupid=919
hi! i LOVE sims!
my 3 blogs first is ts2 then ts3 then ts4 https://6kittyhats.blogspot.co.uk/ https://66susanhats.blogspot.co.uk/ https://66kittyhats.blogspot.co.uk/
Field Researcher
#7281 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
if they aren't shown as related i'm pretty sure they can marry

I'm planning for the future of my Nothing is Free game. Gen 2 is aging up to YA soon and I've got to find them spouses in the vacation worlds or Uni. If marrying a single parent gains a child or two allowed to marry into the family, that makes things easier for gen 3.
Field Researcher
#7282 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafishfish
I'm planning for the future of my Nothing is Free game. Gen 2 is aging up to YA soon and I've got to find them spouses in the vacation worlds or Uni. If marrying a single parent gains a child or two allowed to marry into the family, that makes things easier for gen 3.

If you use Traveller, they can travel to any world you have installed, which gives you more options. And, as long as you have the money for houses, you can move more families into town as well to give even more future spouse options.
Field Researcher
#7283 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 2:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBorgia
If you use Traveller, they can travel to any world you have installed, which gives you more options. And, as long as you have the money for houses, you can move more families into town as well to give even more future spouse options.

Recruiting families from other worlds is definitely something I'm interested in doing down the line, but right now I've got 7 people in my house and I've somehow got to fund 4 houses and 5 lots for my kids. We've already secured the grocery store and I'm sending the wife to work there for a double income whammy. We've got the money for the diner, but the husband is only at level 7 in cooking.
Scholar
#7284 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:56 AM
Save freezing at the middle of the night (I've tried twice, game froze up between 3 and 5 in the morning both times) - just a sign of a corrupted save file, or something worse?
Scholar
#7285 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG
Save freezing at the middle of the night (I've tried twice, game froze up between 3 and 5 in the morning both times) - just a sign of a corrupted save file, or something worse?

If you have Nraas MasterController installed, it generally does a sweep-check of the entire town around 3 AM. It removes any vehicles that might be slowing the game down; turn TVs or stereos off; reset a Sim that might be stuck; etc. For 5 AM I am not sure... do you have the Cupcake mod from Nraas installed? I read that that one gets checked at 5 AM, though it might also have to do with a different mod you have.
Theorist
#7286 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:20 PM
The NRaas mod that does the overnight sweep at 3am for regular worlds and 5am for urban worlds is Overwatch, not MasterController. MC doesn't actually do anything on it's own, it's essentially a player-controlled command center.

The issue could be related to that, yes. Indirectly anyway, the real issue if this is the case is why does the overnight run have so much to cleanup that it's apparently locking up the game. I would recommend NRaas Traffic with its option to disallow celeb performance limos in case that seems to be a contributor here, this is a feature that can get stuck after a game progresses long enough for there to be any sims ranked high enough to earn a limo and thousands of them end up getting spawned each day behind the scenes. Same with the snack and ice cream trucks, Traffic will limit those to more reasonable numbers to prevent the over-spawnage.

Or it could be just about anything that is scheduled to "go off" at that hour of the morning. Overactive/too many spawners, for example, or an inactive sim somewhere in town having a baby and getting stuck in the infinite birthing loop that Woohooer fixes by its mere presence. Or indeed, some scheduled task arranged for by a different mod.
Scholar
#7287 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:30 PM Last edited by CatMuto : 8th Jan 2018 at 1:47 PM.
My own stupid question about the Showtime professions. If I have NPC Sim households set to be Acrobats, Singers, etc, do they actually do some performances at times? Or would I have to use MC to turn them into Service Sims? (Though I think that would make them more into just the Sims likely to be picked when I choose the call one of those professions for a party)

And any tips on what to do when I multiply the body/facial sliders with MC? I try and can't manage to make any somewhat-decent looking Sim with them multiplied, because one tiny tick with the mouse on the slider and the entire facial structure I want to change is completely different, when I just want to tweak it a bit.
Theorist
#7288 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 2:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
My own stupid question about the Showtime professions. If I have NPC Sim households set to be Acrobats, Singers, etc, do they actually do some performances at times? Or would I have to use MC to turn them into Service Sims? (Though I think that would make them more into just the Sims likely to be picked when I choose the call one of those professions for a party)

And any tips on what to do when I multiply the body/facial sliders with MC? I try and can't manage to make any somewhat-decent looking Sim with them multiplied, because one tiny tick with the mouse on the slider and the entire facial structure I want to change is completely different, when I just want to tweak it a bit.

Depends on what you mean by an NPC. If they are in proper resident households with families of their own, then sims have careers. I'm not entirely sure that SP pushes progression on the performance careers as strongly as it does the others, though it certainly seems like it should provided they have a place in town to actually perform other than on the street or in parks. You're not seeing this at all? Actually, going back a step, are you using NRaas SP? With EA's progression, I believe that all bets would be off regarding anything career and inactive sim related.

Service Sims are different, yes those are the ones in the service pool that you can call to your house to provide their service or perform, not the ones that progress through a career in town. You can't actually make a sim into a Service Sim, well you sort of can add them to the pool but there's no guarantee those are the sims who will show when you order one up, and Service Sims are always homeless. With LN they may appear to "live" in the darkened out private rooms in the non-usable portions of LN style apartment buildings, but they cannot have their own proper household.

On the slider question, I think I know what you mean. Not in my game at the moment, but pretty sure I've been able to work well enough with the slider multiplier not set higher than 2x together with a generous offset to allow for more negative values. Or maybe it's 3x? What kind of multiplier value are you using there?

It would be interesting to see what other players have to say on both questions.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7289 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 2:28 PM
Adding my own stupid question re:sliders. There are some pre-mades in EA worlds with a negative value for the chin depth slider (example is Justin Kayes from Twinbrook). The lowest possible value in-game is 0, however, and when I increase the slider range I still cannot go below 0 with that particular slider. Why?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7290 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 2:36 PM
Quote:
My own stupid question about the Showtime professions. If I have NPC Sim households set to be Acrobats, Singers, etc, do they actually do some performances at times? (...)
Yes, they should, even with story progression off.
The last time I started a fresh game in Starlight Shores, initially I had quite a lot of solo performances by the local resident performers, plus the Simfests, of course. These became rarer though over the course of time. No idea why.
You should in any case increase the chances the more locals are in those professions and the more stages of all types you have. The performers also need to have the required levels.
Scholar
#7291 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 4:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
Depends on what you mean by an NPC. If they are in proper resident households with families of their own, then sims have careers. I'm not entirely sure that SP pushes progression on the performance careers as strongly as it does the others, though it certainly seems like it should provided they have a place in town to actually perform other than on the street or in parks. You're not seeing this at all? Actually, going back a step, are you using NRaas SP? With EA's progression, I believe that all bets would be off regarding anything career and inactive sim related.

On the slider question, I think I know what you mean. Not in my game at the moment, but pretty sure I've been able to work well enough with the slider multiplier not set higher than 2x together with a generous offset to allow for more negative values. Or maybe it's 3x? What kind of multiplier value are you using there?

I mean just regular households I populate the world with, before switching to my 'main' household. In my previous file, the only stage was one I set up in a big park on my own (not using the Showtime pre-established one in the bin). Maybe having the coffehouse or so as another stage might do more. And yes, I am using Nraas SP right now.

I have the multiplier set to x2 so far, because with anything higher, I feel like the change is too drastic. Kinda wish there was a little tab on each side of the slider, so I can click that to go down only 1 or 2 'points' (with MC letting me see numerical values on the slider) instead of how many a simple mouse movement can do.
Scholar
#7292 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:24 PM
Quote:
If you have Nraas MasterController installed, it generally does a sweep-check of the entire town around 3 AM. It removes any vehicles that might be slowing the game down; turn TVs or stereos off; reset a Sim that might be stuck; etc. For 5 AM I am not sure... do you have the Cupcake mod from Nraas installed? I read that that one gets checked at 5 AM, though it might also have to do with a different mod you have.

I'm used to it sitting and thinking for a little at about 3 AM (I have both MC and Overwatch, but not Cupcake); but these were hard freezes. You could come back 5 minutes later and it was still frozen solid.

I reverted to an earlier save, and things seem alright.

I have Traffic, and think I have blasted celebrities to oblivion, but will check the options there.
Field Researcher
#7293 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:32 AM
Anyone know if the Children Can mod opens those actions to teens too? I have an artistic teen sim who would probably like to go sketch in the park but he can't interact with the blinking sketch pad! His stoner brother would probably enjoy hacky sack too.
Field Researcher
#7294 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 8:02 PM
I caught my sim playing a game on console I have not seen before. Something with wild animals. But when I click on console myself no new options exept the 3 normal games show up. Whats going on, how can I make them play the mystery game?
Mad Poster
#7295 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 9:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokolady
I caught my sim playing a game on console I have not seen before. Something with wild animals. But when I click on console myself no new options exept the 3 normal games show up. Whats going on, how can I make them play the mystery game?

That's the online game. If your Sim has friends who also have a console, they may play it together.

Look out for Bridgeport '88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Page 292 of 292