Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5521 (Who?), Viewed: 583034 times.
Page 221 of 221
Lab Assistant
#5501 Old 25th May 2016 at 1:49 AM
You could also chea- ehm, I mean mod your way through the semester(s) with this University Performance Tweaks mod.

With that, your sim's performances could decay much slower (or not at all depending on the flavour you choose, or faster if you thought that was too easy...). And this means they wouldn't have to study 24/7 to stay on top of their grades and they could even skip a class here and there...That's the only way I got through fulfilling one of my sim's wishes for multiple degrees without feeling like doing the same things over and over again.

Just beware of conflicting mods, since it modifies the Motives.XML.
Field Researcher
#5502 Old 25th May 2016 at 2:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarat
Did you check in the refrigerator and in your sims inventory for spoiled food?

Yep. And the garbage is taken out, the trash compactor is cleaned out, the fish tank is spotless, everything is repaired, and I even managed to clean up after the fire (even though I needed help from here with moving the fireplace because the sims kept complaining it was in the way of their cleaning). Even when they couldn't/wouldn't clean the fire mess up, they at least indicated that they couldn't. Here they give no sign whatsoever that there's anything specific, just that they're around something dirty.
Inventor
#5503 Old 25th May 2016 at 3:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Yep. And the garbage is taken out, the trash compactor is cleaned out, the fish tank is spotless, everything is repaired, and I even managed to clean up after the fire (even though I needed help from here with moving the fireplace because the sims kept complaining it was in the way of their cleaning). Even when they couldn't/wouldn't clean the fire mess up, they at least indicated that they couldn't. Here they give no sign whatsoever that there's anything specific, just that they're around something dirty.

The only thing I can think of is to try deleting the moodlet. Perhaps it's stuck. Hit Cntrl and click on the moodlet. There are more options for moodlets On This Page . Maybe something in there will help you out.
Lab Assistant
#5504 Old 25th May 2016 at 3:05 AM
Quote:
, and I even managed to clean up after the fire (even though I needed help from here with moving the fireplace because the sims kept complaining it was in the way of their cleaning).

You had a fire. This sparked a memory of this happening to me when my Sims had a fire a long time ago. I had to replace all the floor tiles where the fire had happened...even though they didn't look burned or damaged. Might be worth a shot.
Test Subject
#5505 Old 25th May 2016 at 12:11 PM Last edited by wr3sim3 : 25th May 2016 at 1:47 PM.
If I add two custom households to two empty lots on an empty world, will the not in play household (don't know what the proper term is as I am new to Sims) live long and prosper?

It's like playing Bridge version of Legacy where you play the same hand twice except switching sides when done.

EDIT:
I am aware of Story Progression. I don't want the inactive family to move or die and replaced by new families. I want to turn age off and see where the two original households end up possession wise.

EDIT2:
Just read up on nraas' Story Progression mod. Do inactive households "Buy" or "Buid" even with nraas? If not then there is no way I can do a competitive play against an inactive household since it does not build or buy new houses.
Site Helper
#5506 Old 25th May 2016 at 2:58 PM
They don't build, but they do buy other lots. (They don't necessarily move to them, but they buy them as "rental properties.") They also move if there are not enough beds in a house, but I don't know if they move to one they own or not because it's the Goth family that my sim is competing with to buy all the properties in Sunset Valley, and they have plenty of beds. You will need to pay attention to which properties they have bought, though, since they are also still available for your sim to buy.

I don't know if EA Story Progression has been sufficiently fixed, but I can guarantee that you can use Twallan's replacement to ensure that your families will stay in town. You can even tweak options to prevent them from breaking up with each other and starting new families with service sims. There is a lot of initial setup to get things running the way you want them to, but you can export the options once you have it working nicely, and then import them into every other game. You may also want Master Controller.

(Not-in-play is usually referred to as "inactive." But "not-in-play" is perfectly understandable, so it works. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2015 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#5507 Old 25th May 2016 at 6:09 PM Last edited by igazor : 25th May 2016 at 7:37 PM.
Part of the problem here is that inactive (not in play) sims are totally incapable of purchasing any objects at all on their own that cannot be held in their personal inventories. So that includes things like building materials and furniture. They may buy plenty of toys and cars on their own, though. It would be really cool to see other sims' houses springing up and being added onto all on their own like we see in games like SimCity, but unfortunately such is not possible.

Inactive sims placed on an empty lot will fail NRaas SP's Home Inspection routine and move to one that better suits their needs once they can afford to. I think EA's progression, flawed though it is on many counts, provides for something similar but it also has the tendency to move such sims out of town, and therefore most likely out of your game as Ghost sdoj said.
Field Researcher
#5508 Old Yesterday at 2:41 AM
Igazor: Well there must have been something seriously screwed up with my game at one time then. I had a problem where empty lots would mysteriously change into houses. They'd go from having that plain square symbol to having the house symbol, even though there was nothing built there. And then I'd find sims were moving onto those lots and, apparently buying stuff. After a few days I'd find them surrounded by a random assortment of furniture and appliances! This was with EA Story Progression, I should add. If, as you say, then can't buy stuff, WTF was going on?

"Well, the way things are can go eat a dick, then!" - Lolita Scumthorpe.
Tumblr: elyndaworld
Alchemist
#5509 Old Yesterday at 2:47 AM
Quote:

Fire? Did you check if your windows or anything are charred? Try setting your walls up if there are charred wall hanging objects.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#5510 Old Yesterday at 3:35 AM
When you get the house outline instead of the square outline on an empty lot, it means there's a spawner on that lot; you know, seeds or minerals or crystal plants or insects or nanites.
Forum Resident
#5511 Old Yesterday at 5:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
Igazor: Well there must have been something seriously screwed up with my game at one time then. I had a problem where empty lots would mysteriously change into houses. They'd go from having that plain square symbol to having the house symbol, even though there was nothing built there. And then I'd find sims were moving onto those lots and, apparently buying stuff. After a few days I'd find them surrounded by a random assortment of furniture and appliances! This was with EA Story Progression, I should add. If, as you say, then can't buy stuff, WTF was going on?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you moved them onto lots that somehow acquired junkyard spawners?
Field Researcher
#5512 Old Yesterday at 6:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikel23
Fire? Did you check if your windows or anything are charred? Try setting your walls up if there are charred wall hanging objects.

Well the weirdest thing is that I don't get that moodlet when they're near the fireplace. It's the same room but they get it when they're further away.
Test Subject
#5513 Old Yesterday at 11:07 AM
I posted this on the picture thread but it appears no one is reading that thread anymore so I hope this is not double posting.

Is Photoshop a thing with Sims players? I noticed that almost all the I-cannot-believe-this-is-Sims screenshots have white backgrounds. I am new to Sims and coming from Skyrims modding where Photoshop is kinda frown upon by serious screen acrhers.

Then I saw this: http://sk-sims.tumblr.com/
Too bad he does not share his celebrity sims anymore and he also says his screens are Photoshop. However, I downloaded one of his sims and she does look very similar to his screenshot in game. But his sim is the only one got me the same "wow" reaction when used in game. All others are meh and make me suspicious of extensive Photoshop.
Field Researcher
#5514 Old Yesterday at 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you moved them onto lots that somehow acquired junkyard spawners?

Might have been that, I suppose. I was totally baffled by it at the time, and it was before I ever got on-line so I couldn't ask about it. Seeing your post just made it all the more puzzling. That was on an older computer, by the way, I've not had anything like that happen with my present installation, although I do get the thing where empty lots change into houses - I usually turn them into community lots till I'm ready to build on them. Next time it happens I'm going to use Buydebug to see if there are any spawners lurking there.
That reminds me, too, of another thing that happened once. I demolished a fishing spot (the one in Sunset Valley, between the Landgraab and Alto mansions), and placed a big performance park there. It seemed okay, till I realised that I had fish jumping out of the grass! I didn't understand about spawners then.

"Well, the way things are can go eat a dick, then!" - Lolita Scumthorpe.
Tumblr: elyndaworld
Instructor
#5515 Old Yesterday at 11:59 AM
How come my teen sim is not using her bicycle? I know I used Nraas Traffic to prevent her from using Taxis, but even when I turn that option back on and she has a bicycle, she still doesn't use it. Instead, she runs everywhere. I don't mind so much, but it does make me feel like I wasted the limited simoleons on a bike she won't use. (Runaway Teen Challenge, so I have to manage the money well) I would use the Make Preferred Vehicle option, but that doesn't seem available on a bike.
Forum Resident
#5516 Old Yesterday at 3:09 PM
Preferred Vehicle should be available on a bike. I would do a deep double-check on all the Nraas settings to see if you haven't disabled vehicles in general in some obscure spot.
Inventor
#5517 Old Yesterday at 3:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
How come my teen sim is not using her bicycle? I know I used Nraas Traffic to prevent her from using Taxis, but even when I turn that option back on and she has a bicycle, she still doesn't use it. Instead, she runs everywhere. I don't mind so much, but it does make me feel like I wasted the limited simoleons on a bike she won't use. (Runaway Teen Challenge, so I have to manage the money well) I would use the Make Preferred Vehicle option, but that doesn't seem available on a bike.

Are you using EA's bicycles? I have had problems with those in the past as some of them are designated for different age groups. There are some bicycles at TSR: I use The Bicycle Set by AnoeskaB for my Teens and have had no problem assigning them as the preferred vehicle.
Site Helper
#5518 Old Yesterday at 4:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr3sim3
I posted this on the picture thread but it appears no one is reading that thread anymore so I hope this is not double posting.

Is Photoshop a thing with Sims players? I noticed that almost all the I-cannot-believe-this-is-Sims screenshots have white backgrounds. I am new to Sims and coming from Skyrims modding where Photoshop is kinda frown upon by serious screen acrhers.

Then I saw this: http://sk-sims.tumblr.com/
Too bad he does not share his celebrity sims anymore and he also says his screens are Photoshop. However, I downloaded one of his sims and she does look very similar to his screenshot in game. But his sim is the only one got me the same "wow" reaction when used in game. All others are meh and make me suspicious of extensive Photoshop.

Bear in mind that the CAS lighting and camera are not the same ones as in Live mode, so there are differences between how Sims, skins, hair, eyes, accessories, and clothing look between CAS and a picture on a lot. They can be (and often are) somewhat subtle unless you don't have all your graphics at the highest settings, but there is a difference.

If it is for an item (or sim) for download here at MTS, you are supposed to have pictures that show what it will look like in-game. Other sites are not always as strict about that, especially if they are owned by the only person posting things on them. But sites that show things like hair that only looks good from the angle the picture was taken from, or things that look nothing at all like what you actually download do often end up getting a bad reputation. When you find downloads that do not match the pictures at all, you can post in comments.(if that site allows comments.) Or you can bring it to the attention of a moderator if the site has a "What you see is what you get" policy. (And yes, be very suspicious of white backgrounds.)

Pictures for entertainment purposes (such as in the Pictures thread) can be photoshopped, and often are. Contests may or may not allow it.

Edit about the Fire question
I noticed in Master Controller there were options for "Clean all" and "Repair All." Maybe if you click both of those it would get rid of whatever is causing the problem?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2015 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#5519 Old Yesterday at 4:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
Might have been that, I suppose. I was totally baffled by it at the time, and it was before I ever got on-line so I couldn't ask about it. Seeing your post just made it all the more puzzling. That was on an older computer, by the way, I've not had anything like that happen with my present installation, although I do get the thing where empty lots change into houses - I usually turn them into community lots till I'm ready to build on them. Next time it happens I'm going to use Buydebug to see if there are any spawners lurking there.
That reminds me, too, of another thing that happened once. I demolished a fishing spot (the one in Sunset Valley, between the Landgraab and Alto mansions), and placed a big performance park there. It seemed okay, till I realised that I had fish jumping out of the grass! I didn't understand about spawners then.

Oh, I've made that mistake even when I knew about spawners but forgot to check. I built a huge 60x60 or something farm on a site that used to be a park with fishing spots and missed a couple of the fish spawners. Didn't get fish flapping around among the trees and crops that I could see, but was a bit confused at first as to why complete strangers kept showing up on my sims' lot day and night with fishing rods in hand, just kind of looking around not knowing why they were there.
Instructor
#5520 Old Yesterday at 5:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarat
Are you using EA's bicycles? I have had problems with those in the past as some of them are designated for different age groups. There are some bicycles at TSR: I use The Bicycle Set by AnoeskaB for my Teens and have had no problem assigning them as the preferred vehicle.

I only have 2 bicycles available and one is designated for kids, so I figured the other was available for anything above kids.
Inventor
#5521 Old Yesterday at 6:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
I only have 2 bicycles available and one is designated for kids, so I figured the other was available for anything above kids.

alverdine right here at MTS just released Default Basegame Bicycles. Not sure if they work for teens (teens might be included in the child category?) but might be a good alternative for more variety if you prefer not using the ones I linked to at TSR.
Forum Resident
#5522 Old Yesterday at 8:32 PM
Teens and adults use the same bicycle. The problem is elsewhere. I'm suspecting that when you fixed all your Nraas settings, one or more of them got set to something wrong--at least I know I do that to myself all the time and often have to run to the Nraas chatterbox to get help in sorting it out. Another possibility is another mod might be conflicting--possibly something counter-intuitive.
Page 221 of 221