Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Changes to our credits guidelines - posted on 12th Feb 2017 at 4:44 PM
View First Unread Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Replies: 6447 (Who?), Viewed: 622567 times.
Page 258 of 258
Lab Assistant
#6426 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 11:24 AM
@Babahara - I haven't installed anything except worlds via the Launcher in years, I convert all Sims and Lots to package or SIM files if they are uploaded as Sims3Packs. I'm sorry, I just don't want to risk it.

I had to look up her name to see who she is *blush* There's a good Speed Editing YouTube video with her, but I checked the links and didn't see that the person uploaded her. It looks like they just do edits for screenshots from what I saw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X53a-O4Mwks

This might be a good subject for the WCIF section if you don't get the Exchange version of her downloaded. Again, I'm sorry.

In the game of life, I play with Free Will set to High.
Theorist
#6427 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 11:32 AM Last edited by Babahara : 23rd Feb 2017 at 2:07 PM.
@LeeAlle, thanks for trying to help anyway! And it's ok that you don't know her, the franchise is not that famous, I guess. She's one of the prosecutors in Ace Attorney, a series of detective\courtroom games.

Btw, she doesn't look like herself in that youtube video, even my versions are better Although the TSR3 sim I'm trying to install is the best.

P.S. Would anyone else help please?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6428 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:40 PM
I could, if you can wait until tomorrow/later tonight (it's almost 5pm here right now).
Theorist
#6429 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 5:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
I could, if you can wait until tomorrow/later tonight (it's almost 5pm here right now).

Sure, I'll wait! Thanks
Theorist
#6430 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:12 PM
A new question: what did I do that wiped out all wishes from my sim and even changed her LTW?! The first is horrible, but the latter is a catastrophe: my sim had a LTW 'Pervuasive private eye' (solve 35 cases) and many cases solved, but now the count is back to zero! I feel so mad, so so mad!

Suspects:

1) I used Town Mode to evict my sim from her house and merge with another, to simulate her taking a vacation with her parents for a week. They live in the same town. Could that wipe out her wishes, even though I had 'retain dreams and opportunities' on in NRAAS SP (both in their and her household)? If so, how do I move her back to her house without all her wishes gone again?

2) I edited my sim in CAS (only appearance), but maybe that changed her LTW? I don't know what else could change it.
Scholar
#6431 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:15 PM
I'm running an asylum - if a patient becomes sane, and I want to move them out, what are my options? I can just hit evict, but that means (if I am remembering correctly) that they don't keep their inventory items, which is not how I'd prefer it.

If I go to manually move them out, what portion of the household funds do they receive?
Lab Assistant
#6432 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG
I'm running an asylum - if a patient becomes sane, and I want to move them out, what are my options? I can just hit evict, but that means (if I am remembering correctly) that they don't keep their inventory items, which is not how I'd prefer it.

If I go to manually move them out, what portion of the household funds do they receive?

I think you can keep inventory items if you have the Master Controller from NRaas, but I'm not entirely sure. I do know that if you want your sim to have money separate from the household funds, you can purchase a money bag using a mod by Ani. You'll get the exact amount back as long as you the mod interaction and not Buy Mode.

Follow the lives of my TS3 sims and their growing integrated economy.
Scholar
#6433 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 11:11 PM
I do have Master Controller. How would I use it to have them keep their inventory items?
Mad Poster
#6434 Old Yesterday at 1:04 AM
I've been coming here way too often later.

Newbie stupid question here ... is there anything else I need to do or download before using custom foods? I know with Sims 2, there is a mod to use to call Sims to eat with many older custom foods. Is there anything I need to know before downloading these luscious goodies besides compatibility with my EPs?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.
Scholar
#6435 Old Yesterday at 1:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG
I do have Master Controller. How would I use it to have them keep their inventory items?

I think what was meant was use MC to move the sim out instead of evicting them. On the lot you want them to move into (assuming you don't want them to be homeless), whether it's an empty one or occupied by a household you intend them to join, NRaas > MC > Add Sim > (filter to the sim in question or X to dismiss the filter and find them on the list).
Scholar
#6436 Old Yesterday at 1:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazania
I've been coming here way too often later.

Newbie stupid question here ... is there anything else I need to do or download before using custom foods? I know with Sims 2, there is a mod to use to call Sims to eat with many older custom foods. Is there anything I need to know before downloading these luscious goodies besides compatibility with my EPs?

It depends on the custom food or mod being used. Many of them require CC Loader now and would say so on the item's or food mod's description page.
http://modthesims.info/t/546986
Scholar
#6437 Old Yesterday at 1:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babahara
A new question: what did I do that wiped out all wishes from my sim and even changed her LTW?! The first is horrible, but the latter is a catastrophe: my sim had a LTW 'Pervuasive private eye' (solve 35 cases) and many cases solved, but now the count is back to zero! I feel so mad, so so mad!

Suspects:

1) I used Town Mode to evict my sim from her house and merge with another, to simulate her taking a vacation with her parents for a week. They live in the same town. Could that wipe out her wishes, even though I had 'retain dreams and opportunities' on in NRAAS SP (both in their and her household)? If so, how do I move her back to her house without all her wishes gone again?

2) I edited my sim in CAS (only appearance), but maybe that changed her LTW? I don't know what else could change it.

I would go with (1) more than (2) as the likely cause. SP Retain Dreams and Opps only applies to switching actively being played households using an SP command. MasterController has a similar function, but it only applies to switching actively being played households performed using an MC command. The one that protects sims when using Edit Town to split and merge households is NRaas Mover, if you have the option set that way (and when it works right, which is not always). See the third entry on this page, although it's an FAQ for the Dreamer mod the concepts are all related.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Dreamer+FAQ

Personally, I would use MC's Add Sim to move sims back and forth between households like that, not Edit Town.
#6438 Old Yesterday at 2:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babahara
Sure, I'll wait! Thanks
Okay, first of all: CUSTARD shows the Sim as corrupt because it has a broken piece of CC merged into the .sim file. That's why the Launcher refused to install her, is my guess.
Secondly, the three pieces of custom content that come as separate items are all broken. I couldn't open them with S3PE.
Thirdly, the sim file itself, in addition to the one corrupt item I already mentioned, comes with custom hair, a custom skin and a custom nude outfit for sleepwear that looks pretty broken, too. If you want to keep those I cannot guarantee that the corrupt item(s) are then fully removed from the Sim.
I can provide you with a completely clean version, though, dressed in base game clothing whenever the Sim didn't wear anything from another EP: Download

The hair was by Newsea YU004 Bob
The skin was non-default and labeled FFDW-Klavix
The nude bottom and top were probably from Sexysims judging from their 3D "enhancements"
All the cc clothing she wore in the exchange previews are missing. Maybe these were the broken files, so I cannot tell you where they were from.
I don't think that she had any custom sliders because she still looked pretty much like on the exchange when I opened her first.
Inventor
#6439 Old Today at 1:54 AM
In a family consisting of one human Sim and one dog, would sending the human Sim to University mess things up? Or would the dog just be in suspended animation along with the rest of the main world?

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Field Researcher
#6440 Old Today at 6:59 AM
Is it possible to charge NPCs money for tasting nectar from the nectar rack? It's seems silly that people can just wander into a nectary and get free booze.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Lab Assistant
#6441 Old Today at 7:35 AM
It's called (wine) tasting, and it's classy. Five bottles later and they're town lushes, peeing in the back alley.

I don't recall ever seeing NPCs actually pouring nectar from the tasting racks, but they do that browse/taste thing where they aren't really tasting. But when my Sims break open a bottle, the NPCs devour that stuff like it's water. And free.
Sims have too many freebies, and you just reminded me @Butterbot about another one. I would love to have them charged for tasting, including my Sims.

Test Subject
#6442 Old Today at 8:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbot
Is it possible to charge NPCs money for tasting nectar from the nectar rack? It's seems silly that people can just wander into a nectary and get free booze.

You could use Nraas Go Here Testing to charge them when they go through the front door (for wine testing you often pay once and then get to taste a lot of different stuff so it would be fitting). I think the barrier of entry thing from the store does the same thing..
Field Researcher
#6443 Unread Today at 9:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTheSnowcat
You could use Nraas Go Here Testing to charge them when they go through the front door (for wine testing you often pay once and then get to taste a lot of different stuff so it would be fitting).

The current version of Go Here leads to bugged skating and playing tag. I'm waiting patiently for this to be addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTheSnowcat
I think the barrier of entry thing from the store does the same thing..

The Barrier system is great and I use it in all kinds of places. However, the location this is planned for is an open space with staircases with no discrete entrances, so the Barrier system is not well suited.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway!

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Scholar
#6444 Unread Today at 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbot
The Barrier system is great and I use it in all kinds of places. However, the location this is planned for is an open space with staircases with no discrete entrances, so the Barrier system is not well suited.Thanks for the suggestions anyway!

Strictly from a business perspective, this one's easy. Don't put the Barrier to Entry gates on the entrances to the lot or wherever the nectar is flowing. Put them on the entrances to the public bathrooms and charge them the highest amounts possible. It's where most of the "customers" are likely to end up staggering to eventually at some point anyway.
#6445 Unread Today at 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAlee
(...)
I don't recall ever seeing NPCs actually pouring nectar from the tasting racks, (...)
Now that you mention this I remember that this is something that happens vanilla, although I am fairly certain that initially inactives were supposed and able to pour nectar and that this was changed later with a patch.
I tend to believe that this is actually a bug because when you watch them closely you can observe that they go through the first half of the animation cycle (pull out a bottle from the rack and let the bottle disappear in their inventories) but fail to complete the second half (pull the bottle back out of their inventories, summon a tray with four glasses and then pour the nectar into those glasses before they place the tray on a surface). It is in any case listed among the unfixed bugs in one of crinrict's bug threads at the official forum.
Users of AwesomeMod will not notice this, because AM fixes the issue and makes nectary racks fully functional for inactives, too.
Lab Assistant
#6446 Unread Today at 11:43 AM
@Don Babilon - Thank you for explaining that weirdness when non-actives are 'tasting' at the nectar racks. It is an odd looking animation. I used to checked their inventories to see if they were really buying, they weren't. Thanks also for the info on a fix.

Theorist
#6447 Unread Today at 1:00 PM
@Don Babilon, thank you thank you lots and lots! *hugs you tightly and kisses you on the cheek* I'm very happy!

If so much was corrupt, then it's good the game was smart enough to refuse to install the sim3pack! And I don't need clothes for her, so it's completely fine! Launching the game now, hopefully she really looks as close to Francizka as her pictures on the site!

@Igazor, thank you. I actually have Mover but was too stupid to use it. NRAAS has so many amazing options and additional mods that I don't know ALL available functions lol. So I will add sims to other households via Add Sim menu from now on, that looks like the easiest and the most fire-proof way!

Uhm, can I ask you specifically another question: is there a way via NRAAS mods to remove the limit of 8 per household? My problem is a bit specific: my sim can't make bots to sell because of household limit.
I read this:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which+Mod+FAQ#Overstuffed
It says I need to unlock the ability to construct bots via Mover, and bot-making isn't mentioned in any other category other than Mover. Does it mean that all other options won't unlock it and I need to use Mover?
Forum Resident
#6448 Unread Today at 2:05 PM
NRaas Master Controller should allow more than 8 Sims per household by default.
But if selling a Bot would result in the game updating your family portrait and 'move out' a bot, you will require Portrait Panel and Mover, yes. Without Mover, the game will not allow you to keep a household of more than 8 Sims when moving something out.
Page 258 of 258