Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4439 (Who?), Viewed: 501980 times.
Page 178 of 178
Test Subject
#4426 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 2:27 AM
Are you supposed to do the quests in WA in a certain order? My sim is on the Monk Junk quest where I have to find an artifact in the Temple of Heaven but I had completed that dungeon doing a previous quest so the shining keystone box I'm supposed to unlock already has a key in it and I've searched every chest and hole in the wall but none of them have a treasure that fills the parameters. Is there a way to reset the keyhole? Am I just out of luck?
Theorist
#4427 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 9:01 AM
The Temple of Heaven contains two separate dungeons, the one for the Pangu's Axe quest and the other one for the quest you are currently busy with and which starts in the monk quarters of the Temple of Heaven. As far as I know there is no way to open the second dungeon while you are doing the Axe quest, unless you cheat yourself to the key stone for the monk quarters.
Could you perhaps post a screenshot of the place where you are currently stuck, preferably from above, so that we can see the room and the adjacent areas?
Field Researcher
#4428 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 4:45 PM
So, I tried to make an apartment building for the first time and I'm not sure what I did wrong. Basically, every time I try to go back to live mode, it freezes.
Maybe someone can spot the problem.
It is a three story house brick building, the second floor is the apartment and an NPC black hole.The 1st floor is a common area with a gym, a laundry, a bathroom, and a foyer with the mailboxes and buzzer. These rooms are separated by archways except the bathroom.
You get to the 2nd floor by stairs. The 3rd floor is an attic (also accessible by stairs) which I dedicated as common area. I might add an attic ghost if I ever get it to work.
It also has outside fire escape type stairs that lead to balconies. I took them out once but that wasn't it.
I put the common markers in the hallway between the apartment and the NPC black hole, on the landing on the third floor, the 1st floor foyer, the laundry, and the gym, and the bathroom. I put the hidden marker in the NPC apartment. What am I missing?
I also seem to have two common area markers, One that is marked basegame and one that isn't. Do they make a difference? I'm assuming it's something fairly basic and it's driving me mad. It's one of the houses that came with basegame. I like the outside but it's way to large and so I wanted to convert a part of the inside to an apartment with exposed bricks and such. It would be really nice if could get it to work.
Test Subject
#4429 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 8:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babele44
The Temple of Heaven contains two separate dungeons, the one for the Pangu's Axe quest and the other one for the quest you are currently busy with and which starts in the monk quarters of the Temple of Heaven. As far as I know there is no way to open the second dungeon while you are doing the Axe quest, unless you cheat yourself to the key stone for the monk quarters.
Could you perhaps post a screenshot of the place where you are currently stuck, preferably from above, so that we can see the room and the adjacent areas?

Trying to attach the pictures of what I mean! This is the keystone and the keystone hole its supposed to go in but its already filled? Is this just a glitch that its not registering as filled? I'm fairly certain I didn't cheat past any parts since the keyhole is filled. This is my sims like sixth trip to China though, is it possible to grab the artifact before the quest is given?
Screenshots
Theorist
#4430 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekiiko
Trying to attach the pictures of what I mean! This is the keystone and the keystone hole its supposed to go in but its already filled? Is this just a glitch that its not registering as filled? I'm fairly certain I didn't cheat past any parts since the keyhole is filled. This is my sims like sixth trip to China though, is it possible to grab the artifact before the quest is given?
Hm, seems as if the whole tomb has already been discovered, including the final chamber. Are you sure that you haven't done that quest already, because how did you get in without the quest? Or do you play multiple families and have done this quest with another Sim?
Test Subject
#4431 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 10:52 PM
Quote:
Hm, seems as if the whole tomb has already been discovered, including the final chamber. Are you sure that you haven't done that quest already, because how did you get in without the quest? Or do you play multiple families and have done this quest with another Sim?

I'm pretty sure I haven't done the quest already (though I'm not sure why its popping up again if I did?) and I only have the one sim that I've been playing. I haven't switched families, haven't edited town or anything at all. I completed the tomb on a previous trip to China though so maybe the artifact is in her collection back at her home? I'll check there when her vacation runs out.
Lab Assistant
#4432 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 12:48 AM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I haven't done the quest already (though I'm not sure why its popping up again if I did?) and I only have the one sim that I've been playing. I haven't switched families, haven't edited town or anything at all. I completed the tomb on a previous trip to China though so maybe the artifact is in her collection back at her home? I'll check there when her vacation runs out.

Do you think maybe you opened it earlier using a skeleton key? You can purchase them from one of the vendors with ancient coins (if your Visa level is high enough). I've never used one.

One of the tombs in my China 'broke' once and someone on here suggested that I begin a new game, take out the untouched version of the building I had issues with and place it in the lots bin, and then go back into my original game and replace the broken building with the new, untouched version. I never got a chance to try it because honestly I forgot which tomb/building it was. Aaaand it looks like the thread has disappeared, otherwise I'd link you there because it explained more clearly how to do it.
Theorist
#4433 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 1:05 AM
Quote:
Usually there's no way that one can access a tomb that is locked by a key one gets from the quest giver, which is the case here. The only other possibility I can think of is that the game thinks that your Sim has already done this quest. If so then the MasterController mod would list this quest under Basic/Opportunities/Opportunities By Category/Adventure as True before you start the quest. This can, for example, happen when a Sim comes from a family that was adventuring before and it will carry over to every subsequent game. What I mean by this is if, for example, you once played a family in Sunset Valley that travelled to China and did that quest and their great-great-granddaughter is now your current Sim but you've placed her in Riverview a long time ago, even in this case the quest will register for this Sim as already done, because adventure history is linked to the household and all members of a household will carry this history with them forever. Even moving a Sim to a different world won't change that and if such a Sim travels to a vacation world for the first time, all quest keys will already be placed inside their keyholes.
This used to be different initially and descendants of adventuring Sims could redo the quests when they moved to another world, but some time between World Adventures and Generations a patch changed this.

Edit: These are the instructions at NRaas on how to reset a tomb and my comments regarding these instructions: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/66411516 (please don't pay attention to the formatting )
Test Subject
#4434 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 5:30 AM
^^ Okay I'm going to replace the tomb! I did mass click and buy a bunch of stuff off the relic register so maybe there was a key in there? But I checked with MC for the opportunity and it says it hasn't been filled so its probably the only thing that will work. Thank you both for your help!
Forum Resident
#4435 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 6:43 AM Last edited by 9b8ll : 10th Apr 2014 at 9:20 AM.
Okay I just got University Life and you know the the Sim app from the social network skill, every time I use the the Sim app a random Sim comes and just get stuck.I tried to reset the Sim and seeing if the Social network app challenge will count but no chance. Is this feature broken or is it just me?

And I know I have most nraas mods but how do I find it specifically to prevent other Sims having to be automatically assigned with the showtime careers,paparazzi or any other careers for that matter for good?
Lab Assistant
#4436 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:11 AM
Why is it when a male Sim slow dances with a female Sim ....she leads

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Theorist
#4437 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman72
Why is it when a male Sim slow dances with a female Sim ....she leads
It's always the one who has been asked for a slow dance who will lead. I wish it were the other way round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9b8ll
Okay I just got University Life and you know the the Sim app from the social network skill, every time I use the the Sim app a random Sim comes and just get stuck.I tried to reset the Sim and seeing if the Social network app challenge will count but no chance. Is this feature broken or is it just me?
The random Sim is a feature, sort of, if you either choose the "Surprise Me!" or a combination of traits that is not already present among the existing population. The getting stuck is probably not a feature. Whenever I used the Sim Finder App the Sim came to my house and unless I invited it in it left after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9b8ll
And I know I have most nraas mods but how do I find it specifically to prevent other Sims having to be automatically assigned with the showtime careers,paparazzi or any other careers for that matter for good?
Paparazzi are a role, not a career, you'll need to disable them with NRaas Register.
Regular careers are handled by NRaas StoryProgression although I don't know whether this can effectively prevent the game from creating co-workers for your active Sims.
Showtime professions are a pain in the butt with regard to inactive Sims and I don't know whether NRaas StoryProgression has finally found a way to control them. For a long time no mod could. The problem is that while residents are not automatically given one of these profession they spread among the homeless like a disease regardless of whether you have Showtime venues in a world or not.
Top Secret Researcher
#4438 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:37 PM
Is it just me? I thought there used to be 4 sticky threads in this forum... Was one removed, or there have always been three all along?

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#4439 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 3:35 AM
[QUOTE=nikel23]Is it just me? I thought there used to be 4 sticky threads in this forum... Was one removed, or there have always been three all along?[/QUOTE

I think it got taken down awhile back but I could be wrong.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Forum Resident
#4440 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:24 AM
Quote:
The random Sim is a feature, sort of, if you either choose the "Surprise Me!" or a combination of traits that is not already present among the existing population. The getting stuck is probably not a feature. Whenever I used the Sim Finder App the Sim came to my house and unless I invited it in it left after a while.
Thank goodness is not me. But when a random Sim come to my house the first time I cannot interact with that Sim seem unless they leave. But the second time I invite my Sim over and everything is okay Even though the Social Network challenges don't count. it's weird. I found out that It's also near identical when you add a Sim using Nraas Debugenabler "Add Sim" except you have to create their traits and other things. Kind of a waste of time to be honest unless I want easy and quick friends without cheating.

Quote:
Paparazzi are a role, not a career, you'll need to disable them with NRaas Register.
Regular careers are handled by NRaas StoryProgression although I don't know whether this can effectively prevent the game from creating co-workers for your active Sims.
Showtime professions are a pain in the butt with regard to inactive Sims and I don't know whether NRaas StoryProgression has finally found a way to control them. For a long time no mod could. The problem is that while residents are not automatically given one of these profession they spread among the homeless like a disease regardless of whether you have Showtime venues in a world or not.
Basically they act just like the tourists role. As for the showtime careers I was only trying to see if I could prevent the homeless Sims from getting any showtime careers. I guess I have to deal with it for good unfortunately Good to know now., thanks!
Page 178 of 178

Section jump