Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for February - posted on 1st Mar 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 6594 (Who?), Viewed: 629572 times.
Page 264 of 264
Lab Assistant
#6576 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 7:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackGabbiani
How am I supposed to get this gem? He was tasked with finding certain gems but this one was JUST past the selectable area. Do I really have to go into the world editor to move it or the spawn point closer?

If you have NRaas DebugEnabler you can click on it, go to Options, and Add to Family Inventory. Then you just open build mode, drop it on your lot then drag to your sim's inventory.
Site Helper
#6577 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:56 PM
If you have Ambitions and a Harvester in your inventory, it often reaches those.

I use Master Controller and click the ground near it. (This may also require the Cheats module) There are two Master Controller options under NRAAS. One has a lot of options, and one has Radius: Purge and Radius: add to inventory. Add to inventory moves things to the Family Inventory. If this is a travel destination you might need to get a mod to allow you to buy a house without having a level 3 visa, or just cheat your visa level to level 3 to get a house. I've never had to see if the quest target will see gems in your family inventory, but you should be able to tell immediately after collecting it by looking at the number of gems it says that you have now. If it won't find it in the family inventory and you don't want to cheat to get a vacation house so you can pull it out, you can go home, then pull the thing out, wait for the travel moodlet to vanish, and go back. Your quest should still be active.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#6578 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 5:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
If you have Ambitions and a Harvester in your inventory, it often reaches those.

I use Master Controller and click the ground near it. (This may also require the Cheats module) There are two Master Controller options under NRAAS. One has a lot of options, and one has Radius: Purge and Radius: add to inventory. Add to inventory moves things to the Family Inventory. If this is a travel destination you might need to get a mod to allow you to buy a house without having a level 3 visa, or just cheat your visa level to level 3 to get a house. I've never had to see if the quest target will see gems in your family inventory, but you should be able to tell immediately after collecting it by looking at the number of gems it says that you have now. If it won't find it in the family inventory and you don't want to cheat to get a vacation house so you can pull it out, you can go home, then pull the thing out, wait for the travel moodlet to vanish, and go back. Your quest should still be active.

I've done it just pulling from inventory at the basecamp. I do have Traveller, but I'm pretty certain I was always able to do this, even before I added Traveller. I think the game treats basecamp like your actual home, because it lets me open buy and build mode with no hiccups if I wanna tweak the basecamp locations. (Champs Les Sims, I'm looking at you and your overcrowded hostel where I can never find an empty bed!)
Did not know the harvester would work on gems though- I gotta try that!
Site Helper
#6579 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:36 PM
I solve the bed problem by having my sim stand near the bed I want to use and playing a musical instrument until the sim in my bed gets up to complain about the noise. I vaguely remember trying to add a telescope to the base camp in Egypt, and discovering that I couldn't access buy mode while on vacation. I haven't tried since getting Traveller.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
#6580 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:59 PM

That's genius.
...I wonder if it works with the snake charming flute, muahahaha...

I'm off to test a few things in game.
Instructor
#6581 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 1:20 AM
How do I age a pet up? Do I hold a birthday for them? I adopted a puppy but it's so small that it can't use stairs, which means to go pee in the yard someone has to pick it up and take it out.
Field Researcher
#6582 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:21 AM
This is not a question, but rather a partial solution to a question I asked a while back, in case anyone else is interested:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbot
Is it possible to charge NPCs money for tasting nectar from the nectar rack? It's seems silly that people can just wander into a nectary and get free booze.

It seems that Ani's Sims Drinks (AKA Drinks For Your Sims) mod charges for drinks on community lots. Looking quickly through its pages both on MTS and on NRaas, this feature appears to be undocumented, although it's clearly in the source code. The price per drink is even tunable by XML. At this point, I've only tested with sims in the active household tasting from a nectar rack on a community lot, so it's unclear whether unplayed NPCs get charged as well, but at least it makes gameplay for active sims more realistic.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Site Helper
#6583 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 5:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orose

That's genius.
...I wonder if it works with the snake charming flute, muahahaha...

I'm off to test a few things in game.

Yes, it does work with the snake charming flute. As long as you don't mind your sim constantly pulling it out and trying to play it when there is a gap in the queue.

(It's also a lovely way to play for tips in a foreign country if you happen to get that opportunity. Tourists seem to have more money than locals, so they are quite likely to be willing to pony up 500 simoleons in order to get back to sleep.)

Instructor
#6584 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 2:50 PM Last edited by pureheart : 26th Mar 2017 at 3:26 PM.
How many pro bars or other types of service-generating objects is optimum for a smallish world (79 lots total)? Is there any general rule of thumb or guide for adding these types of objects?

And while I'm asking ... How many spawners should be on a lot? Like how many fish in a pond?
Test Subject
#6585 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 4:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackGabbiani
How do I age a pet up? Do I hold a birthday for them? I adopted a puppy but it's so small that it can't use stairs, which means to go pee in the yard someone has to pick it up and take it out.

I've never done it on a pet, but enabling testing cheats, then shift clicking on the pet should give you the option to "trigger age transition". If that doesn't work, Master Controller has a trigger age transition option. Click on the pet, NRAAS ->Master Controller -> Sim -> Intermediate -> Trigger Age Transition.

My latest snarkfest, think of it as the Cards Against Humanity of Sims stories, mostly enjoyable for horrible people. - Killer Legacy, Man!
Scholar
#6586 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 7:31 PM
Shouldn't the pet automatically age up when after the appropriate number of days in the same way that a sim does if you don't do anything to prompt it? Pretty sure that's how my kitten aged up. Even if the game's first attempt to trigger the age transition process fails for some reason, I think it just tries again at regular intervals until it works? (Same way parent sims keep being pushed to help an infant grow up until the interaction succeeds)

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Theorist
#6587 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 10:10 PM Last edited by Babahara : 26th Mar 2017 at 10:33 PM.
How do I age up a baby if I have a no aging setting on in Options? I only need to age one baby in the whole town. My first idea was to use 'cheats', i.e. MC->Advanced->Edit in CAS, to set the baby to toddler, but my game crashes after I've done everything and try to get back to gameplay. Tried twice, crashed twice. Any other ways?

EDIT: answer to my own question - Trigger Age Transition works fine and doesn't crash the game.
Instructor
#6588 Old Yesterday at 3:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerxyz
Shouldn't the pet automatically age up when after the appropriate number of days in the same way that a sim does if you don't do anything to prompt it? Pretty sure that's how my kitten aged up. Even if the game's first attempt to trigger the age transition process fails for some reason, I think it just tries again at regular intervals until it works? (Same way parent sims keep being pushed to help an infant grow up until the interaction succeeds)

I don't have aging on. But I was able to use the cheat to click on it and get it to age.

Still though. Why wouldn't a puppy be able to take a few steps? Maybe not a full staircase but a few of them should be fine! It isn't a newborn since it's able to run around and feed itself and all that.
Site Helper
#6589 Old Yesterday at 3:40 AM
It's a psychological thing. When you're that small, the distance from one step to the next looks huge. It's scary, and it looks impossible.
When you believe something is impossible, it becomes impossible because you don't try.

(Or EA didn't want to deal with how many steps become too many so they just coded it that toddlers and baby animals can't climb them at all.)

Test Subject
#6590 Old Yesterday at 4:32 AM
Definitely not an in-game question, but I want to ask, how often does Sims 3 go on sale on Steam? I missed the last one very closely.
Lab Assistant
#6591 Old Yesterday at 8:46 AM
It seems like roughly every three months or so (or around the major holidays, depending on the month) to me. I know they usually have a big fourth of July sale, but I think there might also be one around the beginning of summer.
Forum Resident
#6592 Old Yesterday at 12:03 PM
When doing a 100 Baby challenge, would it be a better idea to make the founder have rather neutral facial features - to avoid strangely shaped Sims being born - or would making a unique face work better?
Field Researcher
#6593 Old Yesterday at 3:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
When doing a 100 Baby challenge, would it be a better idea to make the founder have rather neutral facial features - to avoid strangely shaped Sims being born - or would making a unique face work better?

100 baby challenge? is that a real thing? Is it something you can download like a mod, or do you just do it? Wouldn't that many babies mess up the family tree? I found having more than 20 or so causes a failure in the family tree display.

If you want to know who the founder's children are, make the founder an alien (seasons). Then all the babies are green, regardless of the founder's skin tone. Or Genie (showtime) so they're all tinged blue... I think Genies work too.

I guess it depends on if you want to easily identify child sims as you go about town. Generally, I do.
Forum Resident
#6594 Old Yesterday at 6:00 PM
I was more referring to facial features, less about 'being noticeable'. And it's just a regular challenge you do. I mostly notice that, after one or two generations, it's easier to move only part of the family to a new town - get new blood into the area and helps with loading.
Site Helper
#6595 Old Yesterday at 6:09 PM
100 Baby Challenge

You're going to get some weird looking sims even with a very neutral face, but they will be less weird than if you use a sim who has had all the sliders pushed to their limits. Creating a boring sim just to avoid weird looking kids will probably make the whole thing less fun. Make a sim you like looking at, but don't push any sliders too far.

Page 264 of 264