Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

Luckk

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Replies: 5814 (Who?), Viewed: 594108 times.
Page 233 of 233
Scholar
#5801 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:00 PM
It might. Or it might cause errors all over the place. Or both.

(disclaimer, I have never modded a thing in my life. but it seems like a very possible outcome)

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Inventor
#5802 Old Yesterday at 5:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
Here's something that's been puzzling me for a while, although it hardly seems worth starting a thread in the Create section. I've been working on a residential lot, using Bigger Builders World. It has taken me several sessions and, each time I place the lot, I put it in the same place and facing the same direction. The first time I saved my work in progress the thumbnail in the library was showing the front of the property but, now that the project is nearing completion, it is showing a view of the rear. I've had this happen before and normally it wouldn't bother me, but this is a lot that I am considering uploading and I want everything just right. Is there any way of determining or controlling what view the final save with show?

I don't think setting the front of the lot always sticks. It seems to me that when I start with a preplaced (by EA) lot, the thumbnail shows the front. When I place a lot, the thumbnail is more random, like the sim or family thumbnails. As you discovered, they can be regenerated. For an extra wrinkle, I have installed the same lot in two different game folders, and the thumbnail was different each time. Just a bit of TS3 game craziness. Please feel free to start a thread in the Creator Feedback Forum. It has been really helpful to me, as a newish builder. The people who frequent there are helpful and creative and provide another set of eyes. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
My two questions:

Q1: Do the skill statistics for gardening count all plants that were ever released, including Store ones, even if I haven't installed them all? My Sim is at 96% of plants planted, and I'm pretty sure that apart from the forbidden fruit I have planted everything the game has on offer, including the omniplant. I lack 2 or maybe 3 plants and have everything installed except for the Bohemian Garden set and the oranges from the farming venue.

Q2: What file determines whether an ingredient is suitable for nectar making? I want to get rid of corn, cucumber and purple eggplant nectar.

(Answering a questions for Don- so exciting!)
A1: I believe it is only plants you have installed. I bet the forbidden fruit will send your sim to 100%.

A2: Okay, I don't know the answer to this, but you can open: icarus_allsorts.Make Nectar with Any Ingredient with S3PE and figure it out or check out the explanation by Cinderellimouse. I will find you a link.
Instructor
#5803 Old Yesterday at 10:43 AM
@attuned
Thanks for the advice. As I mentioned above I'm trying to do the same thing with some of the other lots I have that are showing the wrong view, with rather qualified success. Changing the building in some way seems to make the thumbnail refresh: I took out a window and the view shifted, I put it back and it reverted to how it had been. Very odd. Also the position of the front door seems to influence it. I have one lot that is supposed to represent an old coaching inn, it has an arch leading through into a courtyard and the doors leading into the two bars are in under this arch. I can't designate either of these as 'front', but when I just stuck an extra door on the front and made that the 'front' door, then the view shifted. I think that particular lot needs a major re-think.

Simblr: elyndaworld * Live Journal: Sims Tales
Field Researcher
#5804 Old Yesterday at 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerxyz
It might. Or it might cause errors all over the place. Or both.

(disclaimer, I have never modded a thing in my life. but it seems like a very possible outcome)

As a matter of fact, I suggested this knowing that other ingredients didn't have those lines (like Cheese), but yeah, I tested this and no sign of the apocalypse yet.
Alchemist
#5805 Old Yesterday at 3:37 PM
Did I just make my sim work his ass off (already a level 4 military) at University, only to come home with a degree and being offered a level 2 job?

* uninstalls expansion pack *
Site Helper
#5806 Old Yesterday at 4:08 PM
Quote:

Q1: Do the skill statistics for gardening count all plants that were ever released, including Store ones, even if I haven't installed them all? My Sim is at 96% of plants planted, and I'm pretty sure that apart from the forbidden fruit I have planted everything the game has on offer, including the omniplant. I lack 2 or maybe 3 plants and have everything installed except for the Bohemian Garden set and the oranges from the farming venue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attuned

(Answering a questions for Don- so exciting!)
A1: I believe it is only plants you have installed. I bet the forbidden fruit will send your sim to 100%.

As someone who has managed the 100% on several occasions despite only having WA, Late Night, Generations, and Supernatural, I can confirm that it does not count plants that have never existed in your game, although it -might- count plants which existed once and don't anymore. (I've never uninstalled an EP to find out.) That would be stupid and unfair, but we're talking about EA.

Although I do seem to remember that my gardener who had 100% of all plants before I installed Supernatural still had it after Supernatural was installed, but before I had planted any of the new stuff, so....

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2015 Yearbook
Alchemist
#5807 Old Yesterday at 4:19 PM
Quote:
Q2: What file determines whether an ingredient is suitable for nectar making? I want to get rid of corn, cucumber and purple eggplant nectar.

Plants who fall under "Vegetable" category in Ingredients.xml cannot be added as nectar making ingredient, but this is only applicable to regular plants and seems to rule out Store plants for unknown reason.

Just call me Nikel
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5808 Old Yesterday at 6:03 PM
So, it's the <Parent> entry in the main Ingredients.xml that determines nectaribility? Yes, but as you noticed, cucumbers, eggplants and corn are also tagged as vegetables and still appear in nectar racks as randomly spawned bottles.
I haven't looked at Cinderellimouse's mods yet, (thanks @attuned for pointing me to these) but as this doesn't modify ccmerged, I guess it's safe to think that I can edit the xml that came with each ingredient in the sims3pack and place this in my mods folder? Packages in Mods does have higher priority than DCBackup, doesn't it?

Edit: I do remember that initially several vegetables appeared in nectar when WA was released, most notably garlic. Now if only I could get hold of an old GamplayData.package from that time to see what changed.
Test Subject
#5809 Old Yesterday at 7:53 PM
@Don Babilon I may be able to help with the gameplaydata package. For some unknown reason I've kept most, if not all, of the gameplaydata packages from patch 1.22 onwards. I'm not sure which one you'd need though as I can't remember which patch relates to WA.
#5810 Old Yesterday at 8:25 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : Yesterday at 9:39 PM.
That's a brilliant offer, although I fear that 1.22 is too late. The first WA patches were starting, I think, with 1.8 (or rather 1.08). From what I can see 1.22 is a patch for games which already include AMB, LN and GEN, and I think that the garlic nectar issue had been fixed by then. But thank you very much anyway

ETA: And as regards the plant statistics, I now have the strong suspicion, after looking at Ingredients.xml, that it is counting Kelp, which, of course, cannot be planted.
Test Subject
#5811 Old Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Sorry I can't help then. Out of curiosity would looking at the gameplaydata package in the WA EP folder tell you anything? I'm afraid I can't tell if that's a really dumb idea or not, a long couple of days at work plus very tired equals non functioning brain cell.

As I'm intrigued now I compared the WA gameplaydata package to the 1.22 patch package, there were some minor differences, garlic had two extra lines concerning it's effect on drinks quality. There were some major differences when comparing the WA gameplaydata package to the 1.67 patch package. However I don't know enough to know whether any of this was relevant or significant.
Field Researcher
#5812 Old Yesterday at 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyss
2) Corn, cucumbers and egg plant are all Store ingredients, right? If that's correct, you'll have to edit the ingredients XML from the ccmerged package (0x54987D38B61E6AE1 - if I'm not mistaken).
I would think that just deleting the lines having to do with Nectar making should render these ingredients unusable:
<Nectar_Value>0</Nectar_Value>
<DrinkQuality_Min>0</DrinkQuality_Min>
<DrinkQuality_Max>0</DrinkQuality_Max>
<AncientNectarWeight>0</AncientNectarWeight>

*cough*

I suppose, only testing will tell if it will really prevent the game from generating Nectar with these ingredients.
Inventor
#5813 Old Today at 3:20 AM
Thanks @Blyss - though unlike Don, I like the occasional cucumber, eggplant, chamomile, onion nectar.

Also, anyone trying to edit the ingredients XML might want to read about the process in Cinderelli's blog: https://simsinthewoods.wordpress.co...l-harvestables/
Site Helper
#5814 Old Today at 6:59 PM
UMM... Is it a silly suggestion to install just the base game and WA onto a computer, and then don't patch before pulling the Gameplaydata? I was under the impression that the WA patch was on the disc.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2015 Yearbook
#5815 Old Today at 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyss
*cough*

I suppose, only testing will tell if it will really prevent the game from generating Nectar with these ingredients.
So far, it's going well. I exported the ingredients_store.xml from ccmerged, removed all nectar references from cucumbers, corn, and eggplants and placed the new package in my Packages folder. No explosion, no script errors and no vegetable nectar yet. But I'm only on day two of the test run in my current game, and with some 30 kinds of fruit in the game, it's hard to say whether I was just (un)lucky or whether the mod really did have an effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
UMM... Is it a silly suggestion to install just the base game and WA onto a computer, and then don't patch before pulling the Gameplaydata? I was under the impression that the WA patch was on the disc.
Maybe not silly per se, but a lot of work and the requirement of a second computer. But Kimlupai already had a look into the WA gameplaydata and the only change seems to have been the removal of nectar values from garlic to stop the spawning of, yummy, garlic wine.
Page 233 of 233