Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4839 (Who?), Viewed: 531102 times.
Page 194 of 194
Inventor
#4826 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:32 AM
Well, it is a cabinet from an EP, the one from ITF, that fits over the fridge. Not CC or something. And it is in the corner, L-shaped. But this happens even if they are not in the corner.

ETA: All cabinets are subject to this - just to be clear.
I think I'm just going to change their footprints. But it bugs me. It only just started happening lately. As if it was something I did. And I didn't do anything.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing.
Mad Poster
#4827 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 11:28 AM
Hm, I think that I read this after the release of ITF that this cabinet is bugged, but the other cabinets should all be okay normally. I do remember now, however, that after starting a fresh game in a custom world that I had to replace all counters in the pre-made houses because something made them unusable. The game even complained that I couldn't prepare an Autumn Salad without an empty or unused working surface. But replacing them all with new versions did fix the problem.
Inventor
#4828 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 11:53 AM
It is a custom world, but the cabinet in question was put there by me, after the world had been already played for a time.

Anyway, I'm checking their FTPTs, and they don't seem to have the intersection allowed on them, not with Sims, nor other objects - at least those I checked. They should behave like paintings, right? Like a wall hanging, that is - Sims should be able to route through a tile on which a cabinet is placed?

I'm already in S3PE, changing their settings so I can't check if they would work if simply replaced. Damn my impatience...

Instructor
#4829 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 5:29 PM
OK, please bear with me, but I'm just not getting it. I've never bought another lot for a family I played.

I bought an extra lot for my family, farfalle's nona apartments.

The idea is to have the oldest daughter and her IF be students (I have a homeworld university) and live there but don't pay rent.

How do I have them move there but not the rest of the family? Can they still have a third room mate?

Or will I have to move them out of the household and then pay rent to their papa?
One Minute Ninja'd
#4830 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 7:49 PM
Just send them over there to live. Now, one problem is when they return "home" from wherever, they'll end up at the primary lot, and you'll have to redirect them to the apartment lot, but so long as you assign them beds, they'll know where to sleep. You can assign the roommate a bed over there, but you won't be able to control the roommate's location as to house "preference" so they might wander over to your primary lot for stuff to do or eat.

If you move them out, then obviously you won't be able to control them unless you keep switching households. Still, owning more than one house and spreading the family out and maintaining control of them can be done, but it's kludgy at best.
Instructor
#4831 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 8:03 PM
Thanks! So, it is actually normal what happened when I did this originally. It does sound kludgy. clutchy? crutchy? Sorry, this second-language speaker is not familiar with this particular one.

I do want to keep controlling them all. I am anticipating a somewhat stressful period in my legacy family but I guess it will change once the parents are dead.
One Minute Ninja'd
#4832 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 10:09 PM
Kludgy as kind of cobbled together. It really isn't designed to allow you to control separate households, but if you're willing to put the effort in, you can sort of make it work. Of course, once the parents die, you can bring them all back under one roof if you wish.

Remember, the "vacation house" ability came with IP, and the idea was to take the family to their vacation spot/house boat on weekends and whatnot. So it was designed with keeping all the household members pretty much together. Now you're adding in the roommate ability that came with Uni allowing you to assign beds and add roomies. None of this was ever specifically designed to work together, so the fact you can make it happen at all is a nice "bonus" effect for your game play to expand with.
One Minute Ninja'd
#4833 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 6:14 PM
OK, here's a stupid question. I got a sim in my household who wanted to be a Rock Star. Now, I haven't played that career track in forever, so figured, why not? Something different. So I move her up the ladder, and have her perform lots of concerts on her rise to the top. Not just during work hours, but outside of scheduled work, because I remembered that's important to building up her performance standing. So, by the time she was a Pop Icon (level 9), her performances were outstanding, with a big, dark green happy face. Yay, right?

So she hits Rock Star. Now, I remember that as a Rock Star, you sill had ratings for mood and performances. If you didn't keep up your performances, you could slip backwards in your "score" on that. Except now, the tab states only Perform Concerts. There are no happy (or unhappy faces) for mood or performances present. Is this something that happened through some patch, or is she just glitched? She has no trouble performing concerts and getting paid, but I swear I remember the performance thing remained important even after you reached Rock Star level 10 status. Didn't it?
Theorist
#4834 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 4:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsica
My Sims can't use objects placed on a counter when that counter is under a cabinet. I don't think this is normal. And if not normal, anyone knows what (EP, SP, patch) broke it?

I used to make kitchens with cabinets all the time before (I was running all EPs up to LN - that is the "before" I'm implying) and never noticed this strange behavior.

I just briefly tested, and yes, apparently counters are unusable if they're beneath cabinets? In my test, all counters have cabinets above, and I can't cook because it says the dish requires a countertop for preparation. Once I sell one of the cabinets, I can finally cook.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#4835 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 9:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
OK, here's a stupid question. I got a sim in my household who wanted to be a Rock Star. Now, I haven't played that career track in forever, so figured, why not? Something different. So I move her up the ladder, and have her perform lots of concerts on her rise to the top. Not just during work hours, but outside of scheduled work, because I remembered that's important to building up her performance standing. So, by the time she was a Pop Icon (level 9), her performances were outstanding, with a big, dark green happy face. Yay, right?

So she hits Rock Star. Now, I remember that as a Rock Star, you sill had ratings for mood and performances. If you didn't keep up your performances, you could slip backwards in your "score" on that. Except now, the tab states only Perform Concerts. There are no happy (or unhappy faces) for mood or performances present. Is this something that happened through some patch, or is she just glitched? She has no trouble performing concerts and getting paid, but I swear I remember the performance thing remained important even after you reached Rock Star level 10 status. Didn't it?
I think it happened through a patch quite some time ago.
One Minute Ninja'd
#4836 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikel23
I just briefly tested, and yes, apparently counters are unusable if they're beneath cabinets? In my test, all counters have cabinets above, and I can't cook because it says the dish requires a countertop for preparation. Once I sell one of the cabinets, I can finally cook.

It might depend on the cabinets. I have base cabinets that work fine with upper cabinets installed. Is this occurring with cc cabinets or EA cabinets?
Inventor
#4837 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 3:25 PM
About cabinets, all of them that aren't functioning in my game are EA. No store or CC cabinets - I have none of those. And the base game ones do seem to work for me too. At least that one with the pans does.

Ah, well, at least I am not imagining things, even if the problem is unsolved.

The question I came here to ask now is about parties, more specifically venue parties. How do you end the venue party? I have to save and reload (to fix an unrelated issue) but the party is mid-way and if I save and reload now, the party will be ruined (as in, it will be as if there was no party, which is my experience with these things thus far).
So, any way to send the guests home and not ruin the party? (It's a pool party, btw.)

Theorist
#4838 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 4:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
It might depend on the cabinets. I have base cabinets that work fine with upper cabinets installed. Is this occurring with cc cabinets or EA cabinets?

I only tested with ITF cabinets; I forgot to mention that. Those cabinets probably are bugged.

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
#4839 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 10:34 PM Last edited by ChinchillaJesus : 20th Nov 2014 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Details
After spending 3 hours looking for the mod that made it completely impossible to change into outerwear, I FINALLY found the little fucker. The mod that screwed up the outerwear completely is the no curfew mod.

(The out of date one by Nysha, I installed because I was too much of a dumbtits to read the description)

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
Grand Theft Auto: Online Realistic Role Play http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=537685
Inventor
#4840 Old Yesterday at 7:27 AM
Question about dating/groups and beach venues - is it possible to have a successful date at a beach? My Sims seem to drop out of the grouping situations whenever they get to a beach. It is annoying, to say the least. As soon as someone gets into the beach towel, all groups are off.

Is this normal?

Page 194 of 194

Section jump