Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
View First Unread Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Replies: 4919 (Who?), Viewed: 546869 times.
Page 197 of 197
Lab Assistant
#4901 Old 16th May 2015 at 4:46 AM
Thanks I will give it a shot. I don't think it will be a problem on my system and I have one of their mods on my game already.

Thanks a bunch, I really don't see the point of ghosts that need to eat, I mean that is just a normal living person if you ask me.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
16th May 2015 at 6:42 AM Last edited by Aspersim : 16th May 2015 at 7:02 AM.
This message has been deleted by Aspersim. Reason: dramma
Test Subject
#4902 Old 16th May 2015 at 8:13 AM
Has anyone encountered a SIms series root kit bug from downloading Custom Content on Some of the Sims websites? Basically, what I am asking is a story that happened to me with the Sims 1 when I used to download from the Sims resource. It was a object bug that I clicked on it once and it crashed my game to the point where even after installing and uninstalling and even a reformat would not fix. It lasted for the entire time I still used that XP computer after that.

imagine going 5 years of reformatting and reinstaling r without the use of any custom content, a file so deep that I needed a new hard dirve to ever play the sims again
Lab Assistant
#4903 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:48 AM
By the way for pure game balance issues I can understand not wanting the ghosts to be able to get along without normal every day stuff since it would kind of break the game but my question then is, why include them in the first place? I mean if having them act like ghosts messes up the game then just leave them out. If I decide to play as a ghost that means that I want the ghost to act like a ghost. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Test Subject
#4904 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:51 AM
Why do my plants always get eaten?
Field Researcher
#4905 Old 20th May 2015 at 4:18 AM
Wild animals and zombies love plants. Build a fence around your garden and make sure you lock the gate.
Lab Assistant
#4906 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:45 PM
Is there a way to delete an active Sims from your game?

Right now one of my games has been wrecked because standing out in an open field one of the child Sims came up to a parent sim and asked for a bed time story and I guess he stepped too close because now the game is all jammed up and both sims are claiming they can't moth in any direction and they have been stuck their for two days and the adult sim is about to get demoted.

I think the only way to fix this would be to delete the child Sims. I have put more then a week into this file and I don't want to have to start over from scratch.
Lab Assistant
#4907 Old 21st May 2015 at 11:09 PM
^Have you tried resetting them?
Field Researcher
#4908 Old 22nd May 2015 at 1:17 AM
@EvilMcNastySim2015 - Reset any Sims that are giving you problems. When you reset them, they should be teleported back to a safe location, their home.

With testing cheats enabled "testingcheatsenabled true" (without quotes), type in the cheat box: ResetSim <space> Their first name <space> Their last name <Enter> . Do this for each Sim that is giving your game grief.

You can also use Master Controller to reset them, but try resetting them the above way first.

If you want to reset all Sims in your town at once, use ResetSim *
Lab Assistant
#4909 Old 22nd May 2015 at 3:34 AM
Okay, thanks a bunch!

You just saved my game.
Lab Assistant
#4910 Old 22nd May 2015 at 10:47 PM
Can I edit a world I'm currently playing in/with CAW?

I adore the EA world, Twinbrook as it is just the right size and feel for my style of play; that plus the ability to add any sized lots and one of burntwaffles' amazing lighting mods mean it's the only world (including custom) that I keep playing in. But my GPU is only lower midrange so the fog/mist effects looks pretty stupid (it looks like a gauze layer) in my game and I would love to turn them off or delete them. Is this at all possible?

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Mad Poster
#4911 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:41 AM
Sadly, once a world is in play, you cannot edit it with CAW.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#4912 Old 24th May 2015 at 5:58 AM
Is there some sort of glitch where Sims stop making any progress in their job? My Sim is in the Journalism career and the green progress bar hasn't moved for quite some time. At first I thought it was because he needed to up his writing skill and do more reports, but that hasn't helped either. What sort of fixes might there be for this?
Lab Assistant
#4913 Old 24th May 2015 at 12:25 PM
Well to get ahead on that track you need charisma as well as writing skill, I have found that if your sim doesn't have that they will stall out there. That could be what is happening in your case.
Lab Assistant
#4914 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
Sadly, once a world is in play, you cannot edit it with CAW.
Yeah, figured. Much thanks for taking the time.

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Test Subject
#4915 Old 25th May 2015 at 4:26 PM
How do I get abducted by aliens?
Field Researcher
#4916 Old 25th May 2015 at 5:04 PM
You just posted a separate thread on the topic and you're asking here too?
Use the telescope at night. It helps if you have space rocks in your inventory (which you mentioned you do).
Lab Assistant
#4917 Old 26th May 2015 at 11:54 AM
Is there a mod to get rid of alien abductions?

It seems like every time I start to get somewhere in my game an alien shows up and then I just have to look at a screen where nothing is happening for minutes on end and I am sick of it. It would be one thing if the aliens didn't act like every other Sim or if I could at least control my sim on their ship, but it's just another rabbit hole that grinds the game to a halt.

Please tell me that someone somewhere had made a mod that takes care of this.

Thank you for your time.
Test Subject
#4918 Old 26th May 2015 at 12:06 PM
@EvilMcNastySim2015
yup nraas retuner and then change to this:
General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems > AlienUtils

kAbductionBaseChance = 0
kAbductionSpaceRockBonus = 0
kAbductionTelescopeBonus = 0

@EvilMcNastySim2015
You could use this same thing to increase your abduction chances as well. Just change the numbers to higher than the default or however you wish instead.
Lab Assistant
#4919 Old Yesterday at 2:11 PM
That seems to have done the trick and I can play my game again, thanks.
Lab Assistant
#4920 Unread Today at 11:51 AM
Hey I have been feeling sick for the past week and yesterday my mom wanted to cheer me up so she got me the Into the Future expansion pack and so far I am loving the content.

There is just one problem. Ever since I installed overwatch the game has been running smooth as silk but now all of the sudden it is slowing down and pausing randomly.

Is this a known issue with this EP and if it is then is there a mod out there that fixes it?

Thank you for your time.
Page 197 of 197

Section jump