Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5038 (Who?), Viewed: 553096 times.
Page 202 of 202
Field Researcher
#5026 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 7:56 AM
Thanks so much. I have awesomemod. I'll go investigate.
Top Secret Researcher
#5027 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 5:18 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 22nd Jul 2015 at 5:43 AM.
I read that you can safely delete all the THUM and possibly the ICON in merged .package files.
Especially, if you aren't happy with them.
But..my question is, IF you do delete them, how will the CC look then in CAS?
(about CC hair)

ok..I tested this.
It WAS a stupid question, AND easy to test...lol
I'm so proud, I chose the proper forum to ask...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Lab Assistant
#5028 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 7:32 AM
If you use the wishing well in Lucky Palms to wish for a child, is the child genetically related to the wisher, or is it random the same way adoption is?
Theorist
#5029 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 8:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowstarsinajar
If you use the wishing well in Lucky Palms to wish for a child, is the child genetically related to the wisher, or is it random the same way adoption is?

It's basically a "generate a new random Sim" function in a baby form, like how the game generates a new townie or NPC, so it's not genetically related. Technically, adoption has its own way to generate the child, but it's more or less like generating a new random Sim anyway.

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#5030 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 4:16 AM
Why everything you buy at the grocery store is labelled "normal" quality? This is so silly...even if my tomato is perfect, my sim gets a lame meal...and this is so unfair, because you cannot grow wheat in the game...so you cannot make your own pazgetti or macarooni. This sucks.
And why the heck is milk from your cow isn't good enough for cooking? Yep! I got some cows...but I still need to BUY milk..yep...
EA Dammit.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Top Secret Researcher
#5031 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 4:41 PM
Hiya, quick Q from a sims 2 player who occasionally dabbles in 3

I want to create a family and a house and send it to my sister over email. What is the best way to do this? I know that in TS2, sending occupied lots is a very bad idea. Is it the same in 3? The Creator Guidelines at MTS just talk about individual sims, not a family. What is the best way to share a TS3 family?

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools): Here at simbology
Scholar
#5032 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 5:11 PM
Add them to the house, then go to edit town and click on the house icon. One of the options is to share, and you can just share sims or share sims + house. Click the one you want, and you will create a sims3pack of the household (make sure you have named them appropriately before you try to save them). The Sims3pack can be found in your Uploads folder in your TS3 folder in My docs (assuming you are using a windows PC - if it's a mac, I have no idea). AFAIK it is no problem to share sims and houses in TS3.

Then attach the sims3pack to your email message and send, or upload it to a file share site like mediafire and provide her the link to download.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Top Secret Researcher
#5033 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 6:04 PM
OK, great! Thanks for the info. It's a PC don't worry

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools): Here at simbology
Top Secret Researcher
#5034 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:45 PM
Does anyone know if Uni is bugged? Everytime I send someone to Uni or bring them back from Uni, everything goes buggy. A recent incident where I lost all my UI pics of my sim disappeared after they got back form Uni - no matter what I did, I couldn't play him again so I started him all over again. This time, I sent my sim (new one) to Uni for the first time and I get there and one of his traits changed and all his lifetime rewards that I bought - 10 - are gone. What gives? Any solutions? I'm fully patched - have all EP's except Pets, Supernatural, Showtime and ITF. No SP's and I don't use hacks in my game.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#5035 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 9:34 PM
Traveling is generally a problem both with Uni and WA. The Traveler mod over at NRAAS usually takes care of problems like that.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
28th Jul 2015 at 3:33 PM Last edited by kimikobristen : 28th Jul 2015 at 4:57 PM.
This message has been deleted by kimikobristen.
Field Researcher
#5036 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 4:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimikobristen
My game runs smooth and all recently, but it keeps getting error code 12 when saving? I checked and the game is only using something around 2GB RAM only, no more. Isn't it supposed to only throw that error when the RAM usage is around 3.5GB ++? I'm only assuming, I not a very good at this.

How much RAM does this computer have total and are we talking Windows or Mac?
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
28th Jul 2015 at 4:55 PM
This message has been deleted by kimikobristen.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
staff: moderator
#5037 Old Yesterday at 7:33 AM
@kimikobristen, this thread is about gameplay questions. Please post a new thread in the Help forum when you have game issues. Thanks.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#5038 Old Yesterday at 9:02 AM
Yeah actually I was just wondering about the error, but I'm guessing it's just normal game issue. It's not that I get it all the time, was just wondering about how people say it usually happens as such etc. So I thought it's just a small question. Sorry.
Lab Assistant
#5039 Old Yesterday at 9:52 PM
Okay This may be pointless and stupid but it has been bugging me to death. Whenever your Sims play a video game the screen seems to cycle between showing random recorded footage for three real world games, one looks like a Tony Hawk game, the other I am pretty sure is burn out but then there is a third game and I can't figure out what it is. At first I thought it was a platformer where the player controlled a badger(I don't know of any games like this but that's what it looks like), but then it looks like the badger starts attacking the master hand from Super Smash Brothers and the camera goes crazy in a way it never would in any real world platformer, and yet like the first two games the footage looks like it was Fraps captured from a real game.

My question is this, if this is a real game what game is it? It doesn't look like any game I have seen released and yet I am sure it must be an EA game of some kind and it looks real.

This is driving me crazy.
Page 202 of 202