Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5605 (Who?), Viewed: 586520 times.
Page 225 of 225
Forum Resident
#5601 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 7:57 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 21st Jun 2016 at 7:59 AM. Reason: another thought
wr3sim3, the download page says that the Jinx rabbitholes are required. These are modded objects that contain the information for the game's rabbithole lots (the ones the sims disappear into). I'm guessing you didn't download and install them separately? The page you linked to has a download link for them, which you can follow to get them. They are packages, so they just get placed into the Mods\packages folder.

edit: make sure you put the rabbithole doors into the game before you install the world (that is, uninstall the world, install the doors, then put the world back). Also, as to the lack of sims--did you install the save game too? There's a link for that too.
Test Subject
#5602 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 11:28 AM Last edited by wr3sim3 : 21st Jun 2016 at 12:00 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy kemnitzer
wr3sim3, the download page says that the Jinx rabbitholes are required. These are modded objects that contain the information for the game's rabbithole lots (the ones the sims disappear into). I'm guessing you didn't download and install them separately? The page you linked to has a download link for them, which you can follow to get them. They are packages, so they just get placed into the Mods\packages folder.

edit: make sure you put the rabbithole doors into the game before you install the world (that is, uninstall the world, install the doors, then put the world back). Also, as to the lack of sims--did you install the save game too? There's a link for that too.

I have the rabbit holes. I placed them in the Mods folder with other packages in its own folder. The world is in sims3packag so I installed it with the Launcher. I can see the rugs in build mold and can place them so I assume the mods are in place.

What I am not sure is what's included in the original Nightmare City. I have another world that also requires rabbit hole rugs mod and all the rugs show up in the world without needing me to place them. No rugs appear in Nightmare City despite its requirement. Almost every lot I clicked in Edit Town mode is either in German or just no-visitor-allowed/hang-out so I don't know what those buildings are for. There isn't a whole lot of info from the linked page even with Google Translate. Is this just an empty world where all the buildings are merely shells?

EDIT: I used the saved file provided by the author. It adds quiet a few households but the community "buildings" are still empty shells.
Site Helper
#5603 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 5:57 PM
There are rabbithole rugs, and there are rabbithole doors. They are not the same. You need the doors, not the rugs.

A sim using a rabbithole door should not be getting into the building so the only things that would be inside a building with a rabbithole door are decorations. (Unless there is also a real door in the building somewhere for any sims who leave the rabbithole on the wrong side of the door.) It would help reduce file size by not putting anything in them.

Check the doors to the empty buildings. If they are the rabbithole doors, it will tell you which rabbithole they are. (You can change the lot zoning to match the rabbithole if you want to.)

And if you have the rabbithole doors and they are not in that game, you can go ahead and put them on various buildings around town.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2015 Yearbook
Scholar
#5604 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 1:52 AM
Can you double click on a save from a folder in the Saves area, or is there some other reason the game isn't finding the game I started last time? I played nearly a week - the saves are there in the folder, but the game doesn't seem to see them. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if the game for some reason actually didn't save anything when it said it was. (I used "save as" after creating the initial save.)
Site Helper
#5605 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 2:07 AM
Double clicking a save file won't do anything unless you have a program like S3PE or S3OC set up to open it. (Although it would tell you something if they can't open it either...)

"Save As" should not be causing a problem. (I always use it rather than just "save" because my game has an annoying tendency to hang up while trying to save and this way I still have a previous save to load when that happens.)
Do the dates and times on the save files match the times when you saved the game?

(I have no clue, either. I'm just doing a bit of guessing.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2015 Yearbook
Scholar
#5606 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 4:27 AM
The weird thing is that I didn't have any script error messages (I'd expect to have a "we deleted these cars" one from ErrorTrap), either. The saves have the right dates and time signatures.

It's all very weird.
Page 225 of 225