Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night - posted on 15th Jul 2017 at 7:21 PM
Replies: 6954 (Who?), Viewed: 649809 times.
Page 279 of 279
Mad Poster
#6951 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 6:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
Once you reach a certain level in painting there are options to paint portraits and still life (basically take a picture and then paint that); then there's also the "Paint From Memory" which is a picture you took with your cell phone.

However, if you can get the Save Cleaner version 1.1 then that's also an option, because that one doesn't delete photos.

Oh..this is good to know. I knew about portraits, but I never use the cellphone to take pictures..do I even know how? lol mainly, I'll use the camera that every sim has when you begin playing...or, I'll buy them the expensive camera from...which world? Anyway. Do pictures taken with something else than cell phone can be painted too?
I'll try to find an earlier version of Kuree's cleaner. Found it.
Thanks.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Site Helper
#6952 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:31 PM
The option to paint from a cell phone involves clicking the cell phone in inventory and finding an option to "Memorize Scene" Then an easel will give you the option to paint from memory. But it takes a reasonably high skill level to do it.

If you don't mind them not appreciating in value, you can get the poster loader and poster studio.
(http://www.modthesims.info/d/579395 and http://www.modthesims.info/d/579394)

Put your picture on the wall, then take a screenshot of it, from as close as possible and a straight ahead view.

Crop extraneous bits of the wall or anything else that shouldn't be there from your screenshot, size it to a 4x3 or 3x4 ratio, then use the poster studio to turn the picture into a poster. Now there is no worry about losing the picture, because it's in Packages.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#6953 Old Yesterday at 4:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
The option to paint from a cell phone involves clicking the cell phone in inventory and finding an option to "Memorize Scene" Then an easel will give you the option to paint from memory. But it takes a reasonably high skill level to do it.

If you don't mind them not appreciating in value, you can get the poster loader and poster studio.
(http://www.modthesims.info/d/579395 and http://www.modthesims.info/d/579394)

Put your picture on the wall, then take a screenshot of it, from as close as possible and a straight ahead view.

Crop extraneous bits of the wall or anything else that shouldn't be there from your screenshot, size it to a 4x3 or 3x4 ratio, then use the poster studio to turn the picture into a poster. Now there is no worry about losing the picture, because it's in Packages.

My sims are high!!!..by that I mean, their painting skill.
And thank you for the links..this is something I want to do since...ages. So many beautiful screenshots..too..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Scholar
#6954 Old Yesterday at 6:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
Erm, I don't think think that either of them is pre-placed in the worlds they came with. I had to place them myself when I played these worlds for the first time.

As to whether the tree is fixed, there are mixed reports. Some say it's fixed, some say there are still issues, so I did it like you and simply left the tree untouched. When I installed Lunar Lakes I uninstalled the tree from it immediately after.

I will always defer to your superior knowledge Don. I really thought I remembered LL with several lots with the tree of prosperity already placed, but I haven't had the tree in my game for a long time, so I may not be remembering this correctly.

As for Hidden Springs- I know the team made a secret lot for the Fountain of Youth. Did they make that hidden lot, write the PR blurb about searching for the hidden fountain in the secret lot, and then not place the fountain in the secret hidden lot? Well, actually that is exactly something they would do.

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6955 Old Yesterday at 7:23 AM
I cannot even remember that there are any hidden lots in Hidden Springs.
Page 279 of 279