Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 138 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 2:45 PM Last edited by Trylk248 : Today at 3:39 PM.
Default Sims 3 Project : Cities
Sims 3 - Cities project (Leader : DawnShadow)
Why am I making this?
1. Maps are separated by default (eg. China, France, Egypt... All those are separate worlds)
2. Reduces loading times.
3. Increases the immersion into the life simulation of The Sims.
4. More things to do in one place.

Regular map vs this project
Regular map
1. Regular maps are most of the time terrain with 10% to 20% filled with a town.
2. Not a lot of things to do.

This project
1. Maps will be very large and filled with a large quantities of lots.
2. The city will be splitted into multiple sectors
a. Downtown
b. Suburbans
c. Industrial zone
d. Country-side
3. No needs to go to University map nor Bridgeport for exclusive activities and buildings
4. Enhanced ambiance in both City-side and Country-side

Main features
Integrated University town in the maps
Integrated Skyscrapers

Bars
Stadium
Appartments
(to be confirmed) Dungeons
Pets town stuff and buildings
(optional) underwater lots
Boat residential lots
Beaches
Parks
Metro (fast travel underground train) aka Subway stations
Quarries lots

Feel free to ask to join the project. Minimal requirements : The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Pets. You can also chat with me anytime.

We have a Discord server : https://discord.gg/ZuYwect
Advertisement
#2 Old Today at 5:53 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : Today at 6:07 PM.
Query lots? Also, I'm curious about future tech and how will ITF be incorperated? Would there be a certain district or region of that map that has a hood of futuristic stuff?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english
Theorist
#3 Old Today at 8:21 PM
This sounds fascinating, but I'm more curious about how the 32-bit imposed limit on RAM usage will be addressed. We already see that tremendously huge and dense custom worlds that include a bit of everything like Alpine County and Setra (among other notables) become unplayable for many if not most even on the highest-end systems, especially with any form of story progression running. That's why so many of us have been settling for keeping the more exclusive perks and activities associated with certain worlds available only in those locations. Except bowling alleys, those should be a requirement everywhere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old Today at 9:27 PM
The way we will work is by : ensuring routing is done PERFECTLY WELL, quality work (eg, no disconnected road from road corner.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old Today at 9:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Query lots? Also, I'm curious about future tech and how will ITF be incorperated? Would there be a certain district or region of that map that has a hood of futuristic stuff?

For ITF integration, I will have to see in the future. For now, just a big city.