Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Locked thread | Replies: 768 (Who?), Viewed: 202945 times. | Locked by: Numenor Reason: New tutorial: [url]http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=102356[/url]
Page 3 of 31
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 8:36 AM
Thanks Quaxi for telling me wtf has happened. *off to follow the tutorial*
Field Researcher
#52 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 2:20 PM
anglesims2 - open SimPE go to Extra/options -
and where it says "sims2 folder" put in your directory for your sims2 folder like this

Sims2 Folder: C:\program files\ea games\the sims 2\

if you have it in a different directory just put in the directory it is in
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 2:31 PM
A freakin kewl tutorial. I have made a eminem tapestry and i have posted it on the beta testers/object recolours/decorative and enjoy dwloading that. http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=34619 :Pimp:
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 2:41 PM
I need help now....

Everything was going great I managed to redo an endtable lamp bedding... the bed frame even though my game is jacked and I wont be able to see it in game as I can no longer select expensive bed frames.

My problem now is I went to redo some curtians. I have tried all of them.
I go through the steps it makes the package file but the thing is ... its EMPTY There are no txtr file or anything else in it I can click on to export or edit. There is no list of files. What am I doing wrong or skipping here? Is there something diffrent you have to do with curtians?

And curtians for this project are the most important

:banghead:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't compare your life to others,
You have no idea what their journey is about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Instructor
#55 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 2:59 PM
This is the first OW Version. As stated in the Warining, it cannot help with Objects that do not have an alternative Color Option available yet.
Test Subject
#56 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 5:15 PM
Excuse me, Where can I get this cool version of SimPE from? I sooooo want to make stuff.......
Test Subject
#57 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 5:16 PM Last edited by lrussom : 28th Dec 2004 at 6:37 PM.
Default Every thing goes well until I try to export
I have no problems at all until I try to export the image for editing. I'm getting this error

My paths are set correctly and everything else goes great. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for the huge pic!
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#58 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 5:27 PM
I got the same result with the curtains. For some reason it does not pull any files for those at all, but they are recolorable. I tried "Ultra Funky Curtains".

You may have to wait for the next update for those.

I'm going to be out of town for the next few days due to a death in the family. Just so everyone knows, I'm not ignoring PMs or sick or anything. I'll be back sometime on January 1.

RG
Scholar
#59 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 6:15 PM
Shazbat go here to get it http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml then its the first one under binary set up (in the discription it says its version 12t)
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 9:44 PM
'Scuse me, I'm having trouble, when I do it I always end up with a blue-flashing object, I followed the steps, I'll have another try now and see if I missed a step.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 10:15 PM
It worked the second time, it might be because the exported .png is interlaced, and I need to "Save As" instead of save.
Anyway, it's finished:http://www.modthesims2.com/attachme...ntid=6423&stc=1

Think it'd be worthy of uploading?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#63 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maw3193
It worked the second time, it might be because the exported .png is interlaced, and I need to "Save As" instead of save.
Anyway, it's finished:

Think it'd be worthy of uploading?

How did you get it so the image wasn't grainy when you imported it back into SimPe?

I'm still having problems with grainyness and it's ruining my beautiful textures. :0(

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot 1927-1956 Christian martyr in Ecuador
Test Subject
#64 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 10:45 PM
Cheers Dragon....this is dreams-come-true stuff for me!!!!
Test Subject
#66 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 11:59 PM
Hmmm.... Im such a noob.... Ive followed the tutorial exactly, but I seem to end up with the blue flashing bed (I used the bed it suggested in the tutorial). What am I doing wrong??? I know its a textures thing....Ive edit them exactly as the tutorial says though.....what files go where when Im done, and what else do I need to do to get the textures to be "seen" in the game??? :confused:
Test Subject
#67 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 1:04 AM
what is SimPE version 0.12t?
Field Researcher
#68 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 1:38 AM
RGiles, THANK YOU for an excellent tutorial on an excellent, ever evolving program!

My sympathies to you and yours, as well...

~Hairfish
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 2:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbat
Hmmm.... Im such a noob.... Ive followed the tutorial exactly, but I seem to end up with the blue flashing bed (I used the bed it suggested in the tutorial). What am I doing wrong??? I know its a textures thing....Ive edit them exactly as the tutorial says though.....what files go where when Im done, and what else do I need to do to get the textures to be "seen" in the game??? :confused:

Usually the only time I have ever gotten blue flashy things in my objects with this version of SimPE is when I forget to click on commit before I save. If I click on commit after I save then save again I still get blue flashy thingys so make sure you click on commit before you save.

Do that when I get in a hurry when Im re importing something. Still beatin my head against the wall over the curtian issue Im having .. I hope this gets fixed soon as I can't do this stuff manually from that old tutorial there is too much going on in that thread to make heads or tails out of.

I love this version of SimPE though. Can't thank Quaxi enough for this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't compare your life to others,
You have no idea what their journey is about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Test Subject
#71 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 2:48 AM
Okay, I just did this and I got it working correctly in the game, but the thumbnail in the catalog still have the old texture (the original one). Did I miss a step?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 3:37 AM
I would like to add my thanks to RGiles and Quaxi in fact everyone on this for making this all possible. I am excited to try this at some point myself.

RGiles my sympathies are with you and those effected.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 4:34 AM
Trancejeremy,
Try deleting this file:
my documents/ea games/the sims 2/thumbnails/DesignModeThumbnails.package

This file will be recreated when you launch the game.
Test Subject
#74 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:00 AM
Default did I miss getting some files?
I downloaded SimPE, and followed the beginning of the tutorial. When I hit start to save the recolor package, I get this window...
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:30 AM
Vivian72, just click yes.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 31