Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Call to meal fixes and place setting fixes

by dickhurt Posted 16th Jun 2009 at 10:36 PM

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:07 PM
this sounds very useful, thanks!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 8:48 PM
Haven't tried it yet, but just for the description it sounds awesome. Heck, it would be awesome to me if it only fixed the fact that the stupid parents set a place for their todlers.
#4 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 9:14 PM
I agree with psychosim0: This does sound useful.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:42 AM
Thank you for this! I'm tired of my Simmies serving their toddlers, this was a joy to see, like you wouldn't believe!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 7:19 AM
i installed this as i have custom food and the "call to meal option" does not come up. i removed my other food hack (auto put away left overs) and it still does not show. i do have any other hacks installed. help?
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th May 2011 at 2:31 AM Last edited by Mahchan : 6th May 2011 at 6:01 PM. Reason: more info
I really wanted to try this because it sounds amazing, but it is making my sims foods disappear just after they cook it. I have the "better location for eating" and the apthack from MATY's, since you said it was alright to keep it and I tested it with both out the game... actually I took all my hacks off the game and left it [with it's required addons] and it still wouldn't let my sim serve the food, like he glitches and the food disappear... =/ Truly a pity cos I really wanted to try this.
Thanks for the awesome idea, anyway. =)

edit: I forgot to say I used HCDU and it didn't show any compatibility issue with any of the hacks I have. The most conflicting major hack I use is Inteen. Other hacks are Numenor's smart lights and lots of MATY's hacks, like alfixes, autoyak and romancemod. Then, again, I took them all off and tested with only "call to meal fixes" and it still would make my sim lose he's food after cooking. And again... forgot to say I got all EP and SP installed, no store edition. =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 2:48 PM
omg i've always hated the game when my sims acted stupid as described above, for example )) now part of the sims stupidity will be fixed by this mod. thanks!
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mahchan
I really wanted to try this because it sounds amazing, but it is making my sims foods disappear just after they cook it. I have the "better location for eating" and the apthack from MATY's, since you said it was alright to keep it and I tested it with both out the game... actually I took all my hacks off the game and left it [with it's required addons] and it still wouldn't let my sim serve the food, like he glitches and the food disappear... =/ Truly a pity cos I really wanted to try this.
Thanks for the awesome idea, anyway. =)

edit: I forgot to say I used HCDU and it didn't show any compatibility issue with any of the hacks I have. The most conflicting major hack I use is Inteen. Other hacks are Numenor's smart lights and lots of MATY's hacks, like alfixes, autoyak and romancemod. Then, again, I took them all off and tested with only "call to meal fixes" and it still would make my sim lose he's food after cooking. And again... forgot to say I got all EP and SP installed, no store edition. =)

I just today found this hack and I had the exact same problem at first. If you read the "conflicts" text file that comes with it, it'll give you some instructions to help fix it. Also, there are the two addons you need to go with this that are listed at the top of the overview of this hack. I'm not sure which one fixed it, as I did both before trying it again, but it's working for me now!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:23 PM
At each hack I download, I wonder ever more just how on Earth I never realised how crappy the original game was O.o
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 6:22 PM
The only thing I want to fix right now is that my Sims living in apartments will set places for all the Sims in the entire apartment complex. I only want them to set food down inside their apartment. Does this fix that? If not, is there a mod that does? It's very frustrating having her set out all the other dishes because this means she walks downstairs every time to set bowls on patio furniture on the ground level by the jacuzzis. I just want her to keep the food inside of the apartment. Ugh!

Edit: Nvm about my question. The other mod mentioned in the description of this one (Better locations for eating) does exactly what I was asking about. I'm only leaving the comment & mentioning this in case others are asking the same question.

Big thank you to all of the different types of creators/mod makers that help out the gaming community to make the games that much more fun and glitch free to play.
Get Vaccinated, wear a mask, wash your hands and take care of each other. Be good people.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 8:14 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claripossum
I just today found this hack and I had the exact same problem at first. If you read the "conflicts" text file that comes with it, it'll give you some instructions to help fix it. Also, there are the two addons you need to go with this that are listed at the top of the overview of this hack. I'm not sure which one fixed it, as I did both before trying it again, but it's working for me now!

Also had the same problem. I have now downloaded the two mentioned hacks in the description which may be needed and the better locations for eating hack. Will re-test this at a later date.
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 1:35 AM
Amazing mod especially that it doesnt put out food for people with high hunger! Thanks so much
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 11:34 PM
Does anyone know if this mod completely removes the use of Cyjon's Call to Meal Fix?
DESCRIPTION: Call to Meal no longer calls servos, plantsims, babies, toddlers or on-the-job NPCs. People will respond to plates anywhere on the property, not just in the same room as the platter. Updated so the game will correctly count the number of servings in a platter instead counting it as a single meal.