Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#26 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:20 AM
But it's not a risky pregnancy that they are doing (except for the date one) because my sims want to have a baby and will create one without my consent.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#27 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:21 AM
Then you have a hack. Because the game doesn't work like that without hacks. Maybe you installed something you weren't aware of, or picked something up with an installed lot, or your brother/cousin/sister/dog installed it without your knowledge, but the game simply doesn't work that way. What you're describing sounds like the Autonomous Casual Romance hack - which was created because sims will not woohoo and/or try for baby on their own.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
#28 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:27 AM
Okay, yes I have the ACR hack but why does it have the option to try for baby and yet your sim will do that on it's own without your knowledge. Maybe the creator should have had something pop up when a sim was trying for a baby so that you could cancel it.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:28 AM
That's the point of ACR. So there's a casual chance of getting pregnant. That is generally why people download that stuff.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Inventor
#30 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:30 AM
But it wasn't casual most of the time for me. I had some sim couples getting pregnant all the time, even just having one baby born, they would be off right away to try for more babies.
Test Subject
#31 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:35 AM
If I may be so bold as to ask, in a hopefully constructive way... is there any estimated time on a "risky woohoo" or "casual woohoo" or whatever you want to call it, as defined by "a percentage chance to conceive with non-'try for baby'-option" ....mod? Is it a very complicated thing to do, seeing as how the behavior is apparently easy to identify in the code?

Just curious.
Inventor
#32 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:40 AM
There are good things and bad things with the ACR. Good is that your sim will initiate romantic things on their own and you don't have to click through all the stuff to get your sim to do the romantic things yourself. There is an option called "casual" with a menu that allows you to choose auto woohoo and then they will go wherever the best place to have woohoo is and do it. But they will woohoo without you having to do that, sometimes out of the blue they will head to the nearest photo booth, hot tub, sofa or bed to woohoo with strangers or friends. Even ones they don't have attraction for. This can be annoying if you want your sim to be committed to one partner. But, without the ACR you have to "force" your sim to do romantic gestures and woohoo. I tried playing without ACR after having used it and it was so boring to me to have to work to get my sim to do something with people he was attracted to, so I put the hack back in my game.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ashkitty
If I may be so bold as to ask, in a hopefully constructive way... is there any estimated time on a "risky woohoo" or "casual woohoo" or whatever you want to call it, as defined by "a percentage chance to conceive with non-'try for baby'-option" ....mod? Is it a very complicated thing to do, seeing as how the behavior is apparently easy to identify in the code?

Just curious.

I'd like to know too!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:22 AM
lol... in sims 2 males could get preganant from aliens if abducted...

Little Kitty!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#35 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:58 AM
bluegenjutsu - The thing with ACR is that it is fully adjustable - there are options you can change so your sims will autonomously woohoo but not try for baby that often, and you can adjust it based on aspiration and stuff. This is why reading the readme/manual/instructions for things you download is real helpful - makes sure you know what you're talking about so you don't argue all wrong-like with strangers on the internets.

Ashkitty - That function is actually pretty easy (from what I understand, not being a hack creator myself), but the problem with TS3 hacks right now is what is being called the "Highlander rule" - that is, there can be only one. True hacks all modify the same giant single pile of stuff, so hacks are no longer (currently) modular like in TS2 - they ALL conflict! Workarounds are being researched, and at this point, it's actually a lot more important to find a workaround to the single thing than to make mods on it right now.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:00 AM
Thank you very kindly for your answer, HP. That makes complete sense now that you explain it.
Test Subject
#37 Old 31st May 2011 at 4:04 AM
Default Uhmmm yesss they can
Just because it never happpend to you doesn't mean that it can't happen
I know this happened to me because me and my friend were sitting and we had JUST bought the game
It was a longggg time ago but I still remember it specifically because it's just one of those things you remember for some odd reason
Anywho we had decided to make our little couple and we made our house and we saw the woo-hoo and try for a baby thing whenever we were about to make our sims sleep
So we wanted to see what woo hoo looked like
I know this can happen because I asked
"Should we make them have a baby"
She said no not yet
so we clicked woo-hoo
and our sim got pregnant
I know I didn't press the wrong button
There is a chance and it happened again whenever I decided to play the sims 2 for a day for a blast from the past
Sooooo... Just because it never happened to you doesn't mean it's not possible or that the person is lieing
And I had no hacks or anything, like I said we had just gotten the game
Not everything about the game is gonna be said in the manual
and for the record for the original question the girl asked
From what I've expirienced sims can't get pregnant from just woo-hoo in the sims 3, I guess it was just a sims 2 thing
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 31st May 2011 at 4:30 AM
I had it happen yesterday TWICE (in TS2 not TS3). I was playing the Roper family (Most Excellent Education Challenge) and the Rhodes family (Failure Is Not An Option Challenge). Both parents in the respective game WooHooed. I hear the lullabye and then the morning sickness started. I kept getting cut scenes from the Rhodes household every time they WooHooed. I ended up with 3 additional kids in the Rhodes house. Haven't been back to the Roper house to see how many kids they will have.

All WITHOUT ACR (which I installed after both instances). I installed ACR after this but there haven't been anymore babies conceived. I also went to each house and enabled the Super Fertility Family Aspiration Reward.
Page 2 of 2