Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 1463 times.
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2004 at 10:18 PM
Default Request : Blue beret
Yo, can anyone change the color of the green beret to a nice blue like in this picture?

I've looked for hours in SimPE and can't find the texture file, so I figure I'll be lazy and ask someone else to do it. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 6:37 AM

I did it in body shop, not SimPe. Its for all the hair colors.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar BlueBeretAllHairColors.rar (1.76 MB, 56 downloads) - View custom content
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 6:00 PM
Bless you child, bless you!

I'm a cadet candidate at the USAF Academy prep school, and I freaked out when I saw you could have a beret in the Sims 2, because I want so bad to be a junior BCT instructor and get my damn blue beret. Even though most cadets don't wear em right, I actually know how to shape a beret. Thank you so much!
Banned
#4 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 6:42 PM Last edited by Allan Akbar : 28th Dec 2004 at 6:45 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy
Bless you child, bless you!

I'm a cadet candidate at the USAF Academy prep school, and I freaked out when I saw you could have a beret in the Sims 2, because I want so bad to be a junior BCT instructor and get my damn blue beret. Even though most cadets don't wear em right, I actually know how to shape a beret. Thank you so much!

1. Soak the beret in water, squeeze most of the water out of it, gently.
2. Roll it up (from the correct side, ie from the right hand side in most of the world, with the exception of mainly France and Spain who do it from the left....).
3. Leave it for a few hours, in a ziplock bag if possible.
4. Put it on.
5. Shape it the way you want it while it's moist (not soaking wet, moist).
6. Let it dry while you wear it.
7. Always roll it up when you don't wear it.

A beret should be shaped the way it's done in the UK and most other countries in Europe, not the silly way it's done in the US Army. The beret in Sims 2 has the correct, European, shape. The picture, a piece of the picture in the first post in this thread, shows the silly US shape. I don't know what it looks like, but it sure doesn't look like a military beret. Rather like a hat that could be worn by an old lady or something.....
Screenshots
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Akbar
1. Soak the beret in water, squeeze most of the water out of it, gently.
2. Roll it up (from the correct side, ie from the right hand side in most of the world, with the exception of mainly France and Spain who do it from the left....).
3. Leave it for a few hours, in a ziplock bag if possible.
4. Put it on.
5. Shape it the way you want it while it's moist (not soaking wet, moist).
6. Let it dry while you wear it.
7. Always roll it up when you don't wear it.

A beret should be shaped the way it's done in the UK and most other countries in Europe, not the silly way it's done in the US Army. The beret in Sims 2 has the correct, European, shape. The picture, a piece of the picture in the first post in this thread, shows the silly US shape. I don't know what it looks like, but it sure doesn't look like a military beret. Rather like a hat that could be worn by an old lady or something.....

You're damn right man, like I said, most cadets don't even know how to shape a beret properly.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 3:05 AM
NP, my husband is in the US Army, :D

Section jump