Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 3:51 AM
Default Dumpster dive/trash rummage?
I heard there were ways to get these interactions... but I have been unable to figure them out.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 3:53 AM
Kleptomaniac is the trait used for it.

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you beer and coffee.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 3:53 AM
I think it goes under the trait "slob", thought I haven't tried that trait yet. Now you got me curious...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 3:56 AM
Actually I had a sim that wasn't kleptomatic and he had the option to rumage through his neighbors trash can. I just clicked on the can and the option to rummage came up. He wasn't kleptomatic or a slob or anything but I forget what his excat traits were.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 3:56 AM
Journalists may also rummage in the neighbors' trash looking for a story.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:38 AM
I heard it was also part of the Law Enforcement career. I just haven't gotten far enough in it to find out if it works...
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:39 AM
Yes, you can use the rummage action to find dirt on people, in order to write reports for the Law enforcement career, they implemented some of the careers very well in the third installment of The Sims. :P

Occasionally insane, but always friendly.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:40 AM
I've had a klepto and a journalist be able to do it, jist by clicking on a bin. But you can only rummage through bins of occupied houses

As lazy as a rug on vallium
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:41 AM
What about dumpsters? I was kinda hoping to be able to use it as a means of finding food for potentially broke/homeless sims.

I need to reroll a sim and make it klepto :D
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:41 AM
I defiantly know journalists do this.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:13 AM
maybe it's just my Sim "Loony sue".
but she started digging through the neighbors trash and got invited in,

took a shower, left, walked down the street talking to her self.

and suddenly slapped a complete stranger walking by.
i laughed so hard i almost wet my pants!
shes insane and neurotic.

There is not an option to dumpster dive in the big dumpsters
that i know of. at least not yet, A mod would be cool though.
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:45 AM
There are traits that will allow you to do this besides Klepto. Maybe ven combinations allow this. There are probably lots of things that we miss because we aren't using the right triats or even combinations....

Not another signature.....
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 6:23 AM
I haven't had rummage but as part of becoming the evil emperor I had to go meet some guy who's bath was outside (?!?!?!?!?!?!?) and an out house (lol) it was too late and on her own my sim went over and knocked over his trash for no reason. She has the neat trait.

I though it was pretty funny.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 6:39 AM
It's fun to roll a sims traits and let them loose on the town just to see what they do.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aibiki
I heard there were ways to get these interactions... but I have been unable to figure them out.

Any Sim can rummage trash cans. Walk your Sim on the sidewalk close to the victim trash can and walk onto the lot by using 'go here'. Dont ring the doorbell to visit them. When you're on their lot you can click on the trash can.
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 8:29 AM
You would think that digging through others sims trash that they don't get a disese for doing it or something else
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 11:08 AM
They get the something stinks moodlet from all the garbage they collect in the inventory while rummaging the trashcans.
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 11:52 AM
I believe all sims can rummage. My sim is a criminal and has none of the klepto or slob traits and she rummages for profit. She's made about 20k simoleans from rummaging. I can even tell you who has the best trash if you like.
Instructor
#19 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 12:32 PM
My Sim rummaged through a neighbours trash, then was invited inside lol. My Sim is a journalist and has the option as to dig up dirt (literally) on the towns inhabitants.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 1:17 AM
I wonder what goodies can be found then. o.o'
I guess I will have to try it out and see.
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 2:44 AM
I know the law Enforcement can do it and to get ahead you should do it.

Insane sims are fun to play!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to change the subject but they do some pretty funny things. They talk to them selves all the time mine is insane and a klepto.
She goes swimming and sleeps, works in clothing she shouldn't. The only time I saw her ware what she should was when she was pregnant.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Clarrisa~
I think it goes under the trait "slob", thought I haven't tried that trait yet. Now you got me curious...

Slob is a cool trait but i havent tried Klepto yet. I would assume that the dumpster diving thing would be under Klepto though since its like stealing.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:42 AM
It goes with your careers. At lvl 3 in Journalism and something else in Law, you can rummage and write reports on the "dirt" you find on your neighbors, which heightens your job performance.
=)

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:59 AM
I found a $6000 space rock in the Goth's trash can. I wasn't sure whether or be surprised or to laugh.

nom nom nom nom
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:43 PM
Wow, that's awesome O3O

I would be able to find out if my sims3 didn't insist on killing itself every time I try to play. I'll be going ok then POOF, desktop.
Page 1 of 2