Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 8:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Items won't snap to grid!
It happens suddenly and won't go away without a reinstall.

I go into a lot and begin building, and I notice right away that objects aren't snapping to the grid. They move around freely without locking to anything, as if the grid is not there anymore. There are no cheats active and it's happening on all lots including Maxis lots. I've tried SnapObjectsToGrid True and MoveObjects Off and the usual fixes but nothing's working.

Please help! I don't want to have to reinstall all the packs again >,<!
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 8:16 AM
Have you downloaded anything? Like SeeThem2?
Please go through this FAQ: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ors_and_Windows
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angel f
Have you downloaded anything? Like SeeThem2?
Please go through this FAQ: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ors_and_Windows

Yes, we have a lot of custom content, including SeeThem2. Would this have anything to do with it?
Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Homunculus2501
Yes, we have a lot of custom content, including SeeThem2. Would this have anything to do with it?

SeeThem2 installs a startup.cheat. In that file, the cheatcode boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false Is automatically turned on. You need to turn it off to get the grid back. Go through the FAQ i linked you to. It will help you get rid of that cheat.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 8:24 AM
Thank you very much! We had just installed SeeThem2 today and didn't know that was what it was. We've uninstalled it now, and everything is working right.
Thank you very much Angel!
Stupid people are stupid
#6 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 8:26 AM
You're welcome. Next time, make sure to read the instructions in Hacks and other downloads carefully. Then you'll know exactly what they'll do
Locked thread | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Answered