Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:57 AM
Default The parents compared to their offspring.
I always thought it was kinda cool seeing sims compared to their parents, as a way of determining which genes the sim inherited and how well the parents features mixed together.
So essentially, post a picture of your sims alongside their parents! 8D
((Yes, I know offspring isn't the most adorable word I could've used.))
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 8:16 PM

Mother Constance with the twins Cadence & Camille....definitely got their moms looks

“Raise your children to love and embrace others. Tell them they are beautiful; they may grow up to be stars one day, and "beautiful" will never mean as much in a magazine as it will coming from you.”
― Kaiden Blake <3
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 4:14 PM

Alexia (left), her little sister Mandy and mother Cynthia
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 8:46 AM Last edited by IChantal : 7th Jan 2015 at 8:48 AM. Reason: just a quick mistake
Default Family
The mom and (mostly the dad) loves making babies...and driving me insane... but I love 'em ... the mom is the one standing all the way on the left... the dad is the one laying down on the ground...
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th May 2023 at 2:07 AM Last edited by Deshong : 26th May 2023 at 10:59 PM.
I don't know if in my main save of this Sim the same genetics will get rolled since I think at birth each child gets randomized between the parents/grandparents genes. If I remember correctly the only sure thing is gender. But I thought this Sim was born with a unique blend of her parents that I don't see often unfortunately in TS3. Though I did modify her a bit without trying to change her overall appearance. I'm really hoping I get this same genetic result or close enough is fine too.

Before Edit:

After Edit:

Edit: I remembered that I could just use the saved parents in CAH to play with genetics until I get an outcome that I like and then save that Sim and then replace the toddler in game. I'll probably start doing that more often because as many kids my Sims have, the more annoying it becomes if they are exact clones or too similar to one parent or the other. So now I have a new rule in my game. I will allow one clone of each parent and one clone of each parent that differs in hair and/or eye color per family but after that these toddlers are getting replaced with another genetic blend of their parents.

I will allow changes when some sliders are too extreme on the opposite gender without overall changing their whole facial appearance. So if in the main game when the wife finally gives birth and then she ages to a toddler and I go into CAS to see what she looks like as a young adult and it's pretty much the same as her mother since no child yet looks like the father at all, I'm switching.

I've already switched one of my toddler Sims based on my new rule and I quite like how she turned out. I almost forgot the parents are carriers for blue eyes.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Jan 2024 at 12:59 AM
My grandson Dawid with his mother Leona.
Screenshots

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea