|Search this Thread|
|14th Jun 2009, 08:45 PM||Game runs too fast? #1|
Join Date: Mar 2008
I'm a computer illiterate, so I really have no idea what might be causing this issue, but my game seems to be on speed or something.
I have difficulty reading moodlets, for instance; I hover the cursor above it, and it flashes the text at me, but too fast to read. Eventually, after trying again and again and again, it'll stay there long enough for me to read it, but it takes alot of tries.
Additionally, parts of it flashes constantly. The mood meter flashes non-stop, as does the border around the Total Lifetime Happiness counter.
It performs excellently except for this quirk, but it's growing to be very annoying since I spend quite awhile just trying to read moodlets, or do the Gossip social interaction again and again just to catch exactly what was said =(
I have tried playing around with different settings in-game, but nothing seems to fix it. Can anyone make a theory to what the problem might be?
|14th Jun 2009, 08:57 PM||#2|
Please post your system specs: Game Help:System Specswiki.
"On the page, punctuation performs its grammatical function, but in the mind of the reader it does more than that. It tells the reader how to hum the tune." - Lynn Truss, Eats, Shoots and Leaves
|14th Jun 2009, 09:33 PM||ok ... #3|
Join Date: Mar 2008
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
* System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
* System Model: GA-MA69GM-S2H
* Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs)
* Memory: 2046MB RAM
* Page File: 1854MB used, 2084MB free
* DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
* Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
* Manufacturer: NVIDIA
* Chip Type: GeForce 7600 GT
* Approx. Total Memory: 256.0 MB
* Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
* Version: 6.14.0011.7813 (English)
* Name: Realtek HD Audio output
|15th Jun 2009, 01:20 AM||#4|
I'm going to move this to game help.. this doesn't seem like a computer problem to me. You need to go through our game help guide: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...:Game%20Problem
Your specs are fine. I always tell people to keep their drivers up to date. It's a good habit to get into, but I doubt this will affect your problem:
This will resolve software conflicts: http://modthesims2.com/showpost.php...45&postcount=21