Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Waterfall Way Estate

by playful Posted 16th Jun 2009 at 9:08 PM - Updated 17th Jun 2009 at 7:14 PM by playful : New Screens

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:29 PM
A absolute dreamhouse... Thank you very much
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:21 PM
Wow, so beautiful! Great job!
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 12:52 AM
Very beautiful house!
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:12 AM Last edited by petwaitress : 17th Jun 2009 at 3:30 AM. Reason: fixed
I love this house but alas I can't get it to place on the lot. I switched the lot type but it just won't place any ideas?

nmd bulldozed the lot lol I guess some of us still have alot to learn about Ts3
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:33 AM
This home is beautiful. Great job. I can't wait to move in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by petwaitress
I love this house but alas I can't get it to place on the lot. I switched the lot type but it just won't place any ideas?

nmd bulldozed the lot lol I guess some of us still have alot to learn about Ts3

Sorry and thanks. Newcomer here I should have mentioned to bulldoze the lot prior.
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:05 AM Last edited by tameloot : 17th Jun 2009 at 7:34 AM.
I had same prob as PetWaitress. After changing the original lot to Residential (the lot is called Stoney Falls, 57 Waterfall Way), you have to bulldoze the Stoney Falls lot & then you'll be able to place Playful's lot.

Unless I missed one, I was unable to place this lot on any other empty lot (too big), so if this is the case, be prepared to sacrifice the Stoney Falls lot. It's more than worth it for me because this lot & location combo is stunning!

I ran into one more little glitch. Sims can't access the lot trashcan where it currently is on the back porch. I moved it beside the sliding doors & works fine. Hope this helps.

Love the lot & all the little extras you put in, like the picnic basket waiting on the picnic table & the gorgeous waterfall in the lower bathroom. Fishing off the back deck is an anglers dream!

Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 9:18 AM
What can I say? It's stunning thank-you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 1:41 PM Last edited by playful : 17th Jun 2009 at 6:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tameloot
I ran into one more little glitch. Sims can't access the lot trashcan where it currently is on the back porch. I moved it beside the sliding doors & works fine. Hope this helps.

Your very welcome and thanks for noticing the trashcan, I will fix that and reupload it today.

**Odd, I just checked it out and it seems to be working on my end.
Scholar
#11 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:06 PM
I love your home....it's the kind I could get used to living in myself. Thank you for sharing your beautifully made home.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:35 PM
That living room is amazing. I want to play zoomed in with walls up! (always play walls down) Makes me wish we could have first person perspective.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shadohart
That living room is amazing. I want to play zoomed in with walls up! (always play walls down) Makes me wish we could have first person perspective.

Thanks, that is exactly how I try to build all of my homes, after all, the view is really the most important part, right? You'll never find a house from me that is built for walls down or completely up. With the middle option, cut-away walls you get to enjoy the best of the both worlds without alot of obstructive views. Really glad you all like it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tameloot
After changing the original lot to Residential (the lot is called Stoney Falls, 57 Waterfall Way), you have to bulldoze the Stoney Falls lot & then you'll be able to place Playful's lot.

Unless I missed one, I was unable to place this lot on any other empty lot (too big), so if this is the case, be prepared to sacrifice the Stoney Falls lot. It's more than worth it for me because this lot & location combo is stunning!

Thanks alot tameloot, I edited the info on the house to reflect proper placement.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 8:39 PM
wow i really hope this gets 'featured download' because it is STUNNING! so far my absolute favorite house i'v seen on here for the sims 3..and it gets the great honor of being my FIRST LOT DOWNLOAD!..i'm very picky.. LOVE THIS SOOO MUCH!! wish i could click thanks a million times..you rawk! keep it up byee!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:23 AM
I just installed this and I just have to say it is simply gorgeous! I love it. Thank-you.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 11:20 PM
i have it in game it works great THANK YOU to tameloot..i woulda never got it to work the first time without your tips..house looks amazing in game runs smoothly no glitches so far..without a doubt MY FAVORITE LOT!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:16 AM
WOW! Gorgeous JOB! Really a Fantastic Home....Just LOVE IT! Thanks

.....Laughter is Timeless, Imagination Has No Age, and Dreams Are Forever (Disney)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:20 AM
hate to be a bother but does anyone know of a cheat that i can use in neighborhood to add money to a family , kinda like you could on the sims2? Some of the houses I can't afford to buy right away and it would save me time on moving them in and out of houses. Don't know where else to ask these questions.

.....Laughter is Timeless, Imagination Has No Age, and Dreams Are Forever (Disney)
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:30 PM
Wow, this is simply amazing. I love the brown stone/wood room the most.
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:03 AM
Hey Playful. This house is gorgeous. I love how it is done. Can you answer a question for me? I really love the way you placed that table "into" the kitchen counters. It makes it look like a half table, or what some call a sofa table. Could you tell me how you got that to merge in with the counters? I tried to do the same with a house I'm building, and no matter how I try, I can't get it to let me place two objects together. I think that is amazing. I have also seen other houses on here where counters were placed together to make a corner base cabinet, but I can't get them to do that either. Is there something you have to type in to get things to merge together like that? And thank you for the beautiful home. Very well done and extremely well presented. Thanks, Doc
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 6:22 AM
Great lot. How did you get the pond stocked up to "great place to fish"? I have tried to stock ponds and it seams that no matter how many times I dump fish it stays only a decent place to fish.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words Doc, I used the "Moveobjects ON" cheat.
Just make sure you do not have a dishwasher or trash compactor inside the cabinets when trying to merge a table in there. Also, to make the merging counter that sits in the corner is done without any cheats at all, take a few cabinets in a roomy area and just play with placement and you'll see what I mean. They just snap together after moving a cabinet over another cabinet automatically, however you will need at least 3 cabinets for them to "start" the snapping process, using just 2 will not work.

Additionally, to enter the cheat console in case you are unaware. Once inside your game, while building, press Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up a text input field at the top then just type in "moveobjects on" without the quotes. Move your table in place and then turn the cheat off. "moveobjects off".

It is not good to leave the cheat on so remember to turn it off after you've placed your design. Lots of wonker things start happening if left on.

Good luck, hope this helped.

Quote: Originally posted by DR_RALEIGH_NC
It makes it look like a half table, or what some call a sofa table. Could you tell me how you got that to merge in with the counters? I tried to do the same with a house I'm building, and no matter how I try, I can't get it to let me place two objects together. I have also seen other houses on here where counters were placed together to make a corner base cabinet. Is there something you have to type in to get things to merge together like that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:59 PM
Yeah, the fishing is great is'nt it? Well, it was a community lot for fishing I am assuming. When I converted it to residential the beautiful fish rarities stayed.

Quote: Originally posted by lsmithiii
Great lot. How did you get the pond stocked up to "great place to fish"? I have tried to stock ponds and it seams that no matter how many times I dump fish it stays only a decent place to fish.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 2:16 AM
I've actually been eying that lot as a residential lot, but didn't really know what to do with it...

I'm not sure if I'll use this house, but I'm dying to see what you've done with it :D

Black Goldfish!
Page 1 of 2