Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 2:06 PM
Great job ive never seen anything so beautiful
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 2:13 PM
I like it a lot. My houses usuallly consist of a box with everything in the same room and all the floor and wall textures are the same. :oD
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:00 PM
AccioJosh :
You did a terrific job, it's easy to see all of your hard work in ever aspect of your church, but, yes there seem to always be a "but" and in this case it might only be personal taste. I find the use of red brick in the surrounding fence to be a distraction from the overall looks of this really great bit of Sim architecture. Sure it has faults, walls could use buttressing, but considering the games limitations you did a fantastic job.
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:44 PM
Great job, I love it, it flows nicely.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:49 PM
Thas a neat look church AccioJosh

However the Build forums are not for uploading Lots for people to Download. Any Lots need to be sent to Delphy first using the Downloads/Housing and Lots/Create New thread. All lots must be approved by delphy first before being made available to people to download.
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:55 PM
It's a question of how people want to use it. IMO, for family it's just too big..but I personally think it would work much better as a commercial lot. Aside from that, it is a beautiful piece of art. Keep it up!
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:59 PM
I can see that you’ve put a lot of hard and effort in your Church. It is excellent beyond words. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated. Thank you for sharing you church with us.
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 6:02 PM
This building is FABULOUS!! I am truly impressed.
M
Field Researcher
#34 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 6:20 PM
*haha* Now, I love it. excellent work!. keep it up!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daistarr3
Great work of art! Thank you for sharing it with us. You have done a great job using the items from the game, coupled with your walls and talent to give it the ancient look it needed.

Thank you so much! :D
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tarot2
They have a priests outfit at The Sims Resource. The site appears to be down at the moment but it may just be my server having a moment.

i have a feeling TSR is down because people are posting threads wondering where their money is going, and they're not getting much of a responce. there are two threads on this site about it, child_of_air's 'just to make things clear' (something like that) and another one called The Sim Resoure

i can't wait to see what happens :popcorn:

I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice,
and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
- G. K. Chesterton
Field Researcher
#37 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 8:56 PM
Considering the limitations in the build mode of the Sims2, I have to say you did an excellent job!
Thanks for showing it.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 8:57 PM
Wow thats really great! Definately the most functional church I have ever seen. I love how you made the catacombs, but really, I like the whole thing! You can be very proud of that building

PS. To fix up the gaps in the kitchen counters, u might wanna check out my "combined objects" tutorial at my site.
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 9:07 PM
I can tell that an immense amount of care and time went in to this piece of work. Its very well layed out, and the colours are matched. I respect this piece of work
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkmoon
Considering the limitations in the build mode of the Sims2, I have to say you did an excellent job!
Thanks for showing it.

hehe Thanks =o) I know all about limitations; my Centrio chip is sure getting a work out from me... I can't tell you how frustrating it becomes building huge buildings when the computer starts to slow down. heh

Thanks for your comments ;o)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikeInside
Wow thats really great! Definately the most functional church I have ever seen. I love how you made the catacombs, but really, I like the whole thing! You can be very proud of that building

PS. To fix up the gaps in the kitchen counters, u might wanna check out my "combined objects" tutorial at my site.

I am checking out your site. I've actually seen it before, but you've updated! Sweet! The modular stairs on a foundation is really the most amazing thing! I'm anxioius to use your ideas to try out some new stair ideas =oD

By the way, in that tutorial you put 'false' for both the beginning and end cheats; you should update it to say 'true' at the end. Just a typo; nbd.

Thanks again for your comments!!!
Firestarter
#42 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 10:33 PM
It's a beautiful piece of work. Thanks for sharing it. I love all the detail you put into it.
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 10:44 PM
Excellent church (I just love the creators of these types of buildings, but I do have a couple of questions:

1. Where do I get the 'tombstone hack'

2. Where can I find a posium (like a pulpit) I've seen them in several lots and just want to place them in some of my lots as well.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 10:54 PM
Do you mean a podium? not a posium.. >_> wth is a posium
Test Subject
#45 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 11:05 PM
^LOL.. Posium..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by artuad1971
Excellent church (I just love the creators of these types of buildings, but I do have a couple of questions:

1. Where do I get the 'tombstone hack'

2. Where can I find a posium (like a pulpit) I've seen them in several lots and just want to place them in some of my lots as well.

Well, you can get the tombstone hack here in the forums; do a search (using the main search) and just look for 'tomb' and you should find them. The one that seems to work the best is the one that has more than just the tombs.

As for the po<b>d</b>ium, I don't have that myself so I couldn't help you there =o)

Thanks for your comment, too!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 11:10 PM
Nice sorry can't upload it my game runs a little slow as it is maybe i get rid of my old uploads and download it

I know it took you hours to build
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiStIqUe
Nice sorry can't upload it my game runs a little slow as it is maybe i get rid of my old uploads and download it

I know it took you hours to build

That's alright =o) I know what you mean about games running slow. Mine does as well. If you need to skip it, go ahead ;o)
Test Subject
#49 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 11:29 PM
Wow!How neat! *yoink*! :cdance:
Test Subject
#50 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 12:04 AM
this is an amazing building thank you!
Locked thread
Page 2 of 3