Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 6434 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:31 PM
Default Sims 3, Stocking a pond with fish
I was wondering because i have a sweet custom house built around a small pond that i want to stock with fish but for some reason I cant seem to figure out if this can be done. I tried using the cheat to move imovable objects to try to grab a batch of fish and transplant them into my pond but it didnt work.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
transmogrified
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:36 PM
Catch 10 fish of the species you want in the pond, then the "stock pond" option will appear when you click on the pond.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:38 PM
ok and this is anywere i go to fish just catch 10 of the same species then the pond in my yard will have that option when i get 10?, or do i gotta fish my pond and catch 10 out of it for that to happen? and do i have to catch 10 consecutive fish in a row or is it cumalative?
transmogrified
#4 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:41 PM
10 cumulative, caught from anywhere in the neighborhood.
Instructor
#5 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:45 PM
You can also go to the store and buy 10 of each fish type you want in your pond.
transmogrified
#6 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:46 PM
Gah! Why do the simple methods always elude me?
Instructor
#7 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:59 PM
LOL. Well you can't get every kind of fish that way. But quite a few.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:35 AM
Thanks for the advice & help as this is my new mission in sims life,lol
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:59 AM
Can you put more than one type of fish in the same pond?

Also, does the quality of fish you put in affect the outcome of the fish you receive from fishing? XD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:38 AM
well something is still not right as i went and bought 10 of everything from the store and it still does not give me the option to stock the pond in my yard, Do I need to have a certain level attained in the fishing skill for this to show?
Instructor
#11 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilani
Can you put more than one type of fish in the same pond?

Also, does the quality of fish you put in affect the outcome of the fish you receive from fishing? XD

Yes, there are already lake lots on this site with every kind of fish in them.

Doesn't seem like it. My newbies still get normal fish in a pond I stocked with perfect fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBG
well something is still not right as i went and bought 10 of everything from the store and it still does not give me the option to stock the pond in my yard, Do I need to have a certain level attained in the fishing skill for this to show?

Went to check for you. Created a new town. Took premade sims with no skills. Move them into an empty plot, put a hole in the middle. Went to the store, bought 10 gold fish. Clicked on the pond and the "stock" option was right there. I don't know what to tell you...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:47 AM
Thanks for answering my questions :]
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:00 PM
Also, you might want to make sure the pond is deep enough to stock fish. You cannot stock fish in a shallow pond.

Section jump