Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

LucyBorgia

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Replies: 4740 (Who?), Viewed: 521285 times.
Page 1 of 190
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:16 AM
Default Stupid questions.
I'll go first

I cannot figure out the gardening and fertilazation. I'v tried fertilizing with different vegs (apples, lettuce, onion), also tried fertilizing apple trees with apples, lettuse with lettuse, but I'm not seeing any "great" improvement. Does it matter what you use? or is there some special fertilizing plant that's superior to the rest? Also some of the vegs you have in your inventory will have different state, some bad, some good, is there any differene if you use the bad one versus the better ones?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:21 AM
What you try to fertilize with is vegetables or fish that have perfect qualities but you can use the products that have one quality higher than your crop to improve them up one grade, also. You can also replant a plant after it's harvested in order to make an improved crop. I read (haven't tried this myself yet) that angelfish and vampirefish make the best fertilizers if you want perfect crop.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:25 AM
thanks, never even though about using fish.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:28 AM
Yeah, you can fertilize the plants with anything but it's best to use other vegetables and fish with high quality. Just don't do like I did and plant too many crops because until there is a hack to make gardening time faster, your sim could end up spending most of their entire time tending their garden.
Theorist
#5 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:01 AM
My stupid question. I thought they said the motive bars were removed/hidden?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:09 AM
Motive bars are in the panel. There are scroll bars so that you can see needs/career/relationship, etc, similar to S2.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:11 AM
How can I change toddlers hair and clothes?
Theorist
#8 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegenjutsu
Motive bars are in the panel. There are scroll bars so that you can see needs/career/relationship, etc, similar to S2.


Yeah, I mean, if they're removed why are they still there now?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:19 AM
There is a cheat for editing looks for sims by using "edit in cas" but when I tried to use it before it wouldn't work until I installed a game mod cheat by a member of this community. It's posted in downloads. As for the clothes (I haven't tried this myself, yet), you are supposed to be able to select the sim and then click on dresser and choose their items and then be able to add 2 more of each type (everyday, formal, etc) to their wardobe choices without having to go to a store to buy them.

To treeag, I never heard they were gone. So I don't understand what you are talking about.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:22 AM
The needs bars are still there, but I think you just don't need to monitor them unless you want to because the moodlets express all the important highs and lows.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:24 AM
You do need to keep track of their motives because if you forget (happened to me) there will come up a warning on their moodlets to let you know they are starving to death or ready to pass out from exhaustion.
Theorist
#12 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:15 AM
I remember a while back there's this news that the motive bars were removed. It was perhaps a couple months ago, I remember some people including me weren't that happy about it back at S2C.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeag
I remember a while back there's this news that the motive bars were removed. It was perhaps a couple months ago, I remember some people including me weren't that happy about it back at S2C.


I remember that also, you were suppose to get and a popup saying - need to pee - then you clikc it and off they went. But thank god the meters are there, I like them.

bluegenjutsu: so very true. My sim man was spending way too much time on his garden, so I'v reduced his plants to 1-2 each, + brought the splinkler.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_
I remember that also, you were suppose to get and a popup saying - need to pee - then you clikc it and off they went. But thank god the meters are there, I like them.


I think the meters are just decorative. Sims will use the bathroom on their own and stop anything they are doing and all other qued actions. If there is no bathroom on the lot, they will not pee.

View my other downloads on MTS

www.mintrubbing.org
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocobaura
I think the meters are just decorative. Sims will use the bathroom on their own and stop anything they are doing and all other qued actions. If there is no bathroom on the lot, they will not pee.


I've had playable sims pee themselves because they wouldn't break the queue to go on their own (free will on high) - but I haven't seen it happen to an NPC.

I've also had problems with my sims not going home when they're about to pass out from exhaustion, for some reason they go and try to harvest any harvestables and eat them instead of trying to head home and sleep. I've seen several NPC's passed out in community lots/parties...don't know if there's something broken about the sleep meter and being away from home, but it's definitely more than decorative at this point.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:15 PM
You shouldn't ever get a moodlet saying they were starving to death as the first indication of hunger, you should always go through a progression of peckish, hungry, extremely hungry (something like that anyway) first. Same with energy/tiredness.
But, then again, idk, maybe it certain traits might hide some of those, I doubt it.
Plus autonomous (free will) responses to needs like going to the toilet will queue jump whatever else you're doing. (in my experience so far.)
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:27 PM
I've asked this before, but now I can't find my post and none of my posts are appearing on my profile either. So, my speeds barely work at all. High speed is basically like the time progression from The Sims 2. I'm sick of waiting for minutes and minutes for my Sims to sleep, go to work, learn a new skill, etc.
My system has:
- AMD Athlon (tm) 64 processor
3400+
2.21 GHz
And enough hard drive room on my computer to support it all.

So, is there a problem with my system?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:30 PM
I feel like this is a really dumb question, but where do I buy seeds? I understand that I can plant a tomato as a tomato seed, and so on, but when my girl got a better gardening skill, one of the little messages said I could purchase and/or (forget which) grow rare seeds now... but how? Nothing else besides the few veggies I've planted are plantable... or am I wrong?

nom nom nom nom
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:33 PM
kupotheeweirdo, it's an issue a lot of people with decent sytems are having (including myself). Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsFish
I feel like this is a really dumb question, but where do I buy seeds? I understand that I can plant a tomato as a tomato seed, and so on, but when my girl got a better gardening skill, one of the little messages said I could purchase and/or (forget which) grow rare seeds now... but how? Nothing else besides the few veggies I've planted are plantable... or am I wrong?


You can find seeds lying around on the ground - check places like the park, graveyard, around the outsides of the science center, etc (they're tiny and white and pretty hard to see unless you zoom in). I'm not sure about buying them.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupotheeweirdo
I've asked this before, but now I can't find my post and none of my posts are appearing on my profile either. So, my speeds barely work at all. High speed is basically like the time progression from The Sims 2. I'm sick of waiting for minutes and minutes for my Sims to sleep, go to work, learn a new skill, etc.
My system has:
- AMD Athlon (tm) 64 processor
3400+
2.21 GHz
And enough hard drive room on my computer to support it all.

So, is there a problem with my system?


I have a decent machine, and the time speed blows in my game. A few people say its fine on their machine, but I think it's just borked period (or meant to be that way) and some people are just okay with it. I'll have a much faster and nicer machine in a few days, so I suppose I'll find out whether or not it's a machine issue.

nom nom nom nom
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:02 AM
If I download sims 3 from gamestop, EA etc, can I install It on several PCs'?
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz1
If I download sims 3 from gamestop, EA etc, can I install It on several PCs'?


I know you can from the EA store, not sure about the others.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_
I'll go first

I cannot figure out the gardening and fertilazation. I'v tried fertilizing with different vegs (apples, lettuce, onion), also tried fertilizing apple trees with apples, lettuse with lettuse, but I'm not seeing any "great" improvement. Does it matter what you use? or is there some special fertilizing plant that's superior to the rest?


The best fertilizer you can use that you can BUY from the store is the lobster. The best fertilizer fish in the game is the vampire fish and angelfish and the best fruit/veggie is the life fruit.

1-7 based on strength, 7 being the best fertilizer.

Garlic 3, Flamefruit 3, Life Fruit 4

Salmon 4, Blk. Goldfish 4, Swordfish 4, Red Herring 5, Tragic Clownfish 5, Siamese Catfish 5, Pirahna 5, Blowfish 5, Shark 6, Lobster 6, Angelfish 7, Vampire fish 7.

The other fruit/fish are under 3.

I mainly use lobster since if I run out of fish and don't have time to fish because of work/motives/time, I use the lobsters as back up.

Edit: Deathfish will KILL your plant!!
Scholar
#24 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 8:34 AM
i have geoforce fx 5700, not compatible with shaders.
Will it even work properly and worth trying the sims 3 out for the hell of it? lol
Forum Resident
#25 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:40 PM
Do sims still roll the "adopt a baby" want like they did in TS2?
Page 1 of 190
Back to top

Section jump