Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 176 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:54 AM
Default I like to put make-up on my male sims...
I play with no player-created custom content installed, so everything in my game is base game stuff or "free stuff" downloaded from the Sims 3 store site with bonus SimPoints.

But when it comes to creating male and female sims, I often put make-up on them, making their cheeks pinker and their lips slightly pinker. I naturally have pink lips. The people I know in real life naturally have lip colors that are distinctive from their normal skin colors. So, I add make-up on my male sims to make them look more natural instead of having no lips. Female sims get the same treatment: very natural, subtle make-up. I avoid anything that is gothic. Not my style.

What about you?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:24 AM
Why wouldn't you use makeup on your male sims? It's no different that actors on film or video. Hell, do you think politicians take to the air or go onto the stage without a little touch up to look their best? You want them to look good, and you use whatever tools you have available to do that.

Having said that, I do think you might want to reconsider your aversion to player created content. If you want your sims to look really good, there are lots of great items out there that far outshine what EA gave you in game.
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:32 AM
CC changed my simlife for the best in the realism realm, but hey... If you are satisfied with Maxis, that's cool. :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
Why wouldn't you use makeup on your male sims? It's no different that actors on film or video. Hell, do you think politicians take to the air or go onto the stage without a little touch up to look their best? You want them to look good, and you use whatever tools you have available to do that.

I did say that I do put make-up on my male sims. Perhaps, you weren't paying attention.

Quote:
Having said that, I do think you might want to reconsider your aversion to player created content. If you want your sims to look really good, there are lots of great items out there that far outshine what EA gave you in game.

Well, I do have the Create-A-Pattern tool for making patterns, but I never really got it to show up in my game. I'm not sure why. I tried saving it and exporting it, but nope. It just wouldn't show up.
Scholar
#5 Old Yesterday at 4:19 PM
I frequently put makeup on male sims, especially when I'm trying to make a sim look like a real person because as you've mentioned, lips on real life people are often a different color than the default lip color of the skin.
I also use eyeliner sometimes, because some men have a more pinkish color around their eyes than the brownish hue of default skin.
Gothic makeup I do use on occasion, depends on what kind of sim I'm making.

Inability to use some makeup on males (like lipstick) is another thing that bothers me about Sims 4. Not that it's relevant, just that I've been playing TS4 and some omissions are bothering me.

Meh.
Instructor
#6 Old Today at 1:09 AM
I don't put make-up on my male sims, it doesn't seem.....masculine. In fact, I've had a few premades who look better after I took off the make-up (among other things). The ladies, though, I usually put make-up on from teen up

Section jump