Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Curfew Police

by jonha Posted 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:08 AM - Updated 24th Jan 2011 at 10:45 PM by jonha

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:17 AM
My Sim is an international spy and he has a teenager daughter with a boyfriend so it sucks not being able to stay out at night so thank you sooooooooooo much for this! This is amazing
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:28 AM
The curfew thing was getting really annoying so thanks for this
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:05 AM
It will conflict with other hacks, that override this resource, which would be mainly hacks, that changes some police and service npc behaviour.

im not sure i like that part but hey still good for u!!

.: don't expect from me what you would from other people, it's just not possible :.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:28 AM
great thanks for this was tired of my poor teens getting arrested for fishing at night
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:43 AM
Thanks for this mod. Yeah the whole curfew annoys me in the game. I like to see a mod that allows me to attack the stupid cops.. cause if I had kids like the ones in the sims I would diffidently attack the cops..
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:15 AM
Thank you so very very much! I just discovered there was a curfew today, since I had no young sims before. What perfect timing!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:57 AM
thanks, i've been looking for something like this. police curfew is pretty real though where i live, it makes a little bit of sense to me. there's laws everywhere in the u.s. but would you consider making the chance of getting caught by the cops a 50/50 type of thing? like, reduced chance? thank you though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
thanks, i've been looking for something like this. police curfew is pretty real though where i live, it makes a little bit of sense to me. there's laws everywhere in the u.s. but would you consider making the chance of getting caught by the cops a 50/50 type of thing? like, reduced chance? thank you though.

I live in germany, and it isn't that strict here. If children/teens are drunk or lost, they will be brought home of course, but not if someone just takes a walk in the night, or goes fishing for examle.

Anyway, i uploaded a version with reduced chance, hope you like it.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:14 AM
What time do kids and teen sims have to be home at night,
is it earlier for the young kids, and what about young adults do they haver a curfew?
sorry i should look somewhere for this info -

OF ALL THE THINGS I'VE LOST
I MISS MY MIND THE MOST
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:35 AM
i wonder, doesn't pescado's awesome mod also have a similar feature?

my dear lord, it's the ferocious black beast of Rhipsanydoridontodontodontodon, with its large black teeth that can eat 3 humans at once, mate 3 times a year, can reach an average speed of 80 miles/hour, and is 50 ft aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhh

P.S. if you have seen him put this in your signature
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by camjamlar
What time do kids and teen sims have to be home at night,
is it earlier for the young kids, and what about young adults do they haver a curfew?

Child curfew is from 22:00 (10pm) to 6am, teen curfew is from 23:00 (11pm) to 6am. ya's have no restriction.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wargarurumon

Yes, there is a similar function build in.

Quote: Originally posted by http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html
6. No Psychic Curfew Police [Optional - Default: Disabled]
Curfew on 12s no longer enforced by psychic police hovering overhead
in helicopters waiting to pounce. Police will only get you if they are
called to the scene and find you.

But there may be people, that don't use this, and the mods do not conflict. In the worst case, it is just disabled a second time.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wargarurumon

Yes, it does, but there is nothing wrong with having alternatives. I use Awesomemod and have that feature turned off for now, so I still get the curfew thing but if I want to disable it, I can. However, not everyone will want to put Awesomemod in their game & it's always nice to have a quick, single mod to do/or not to do, what you want.

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:33 PM
Jonha, my hero :lovestruc!

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Banned
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:18 PM
In my region of Canada, there's cops everywhere. Our curfew is 10:00 on weekdays and midnight on weekends, unless we're with a legal adult, so this makes the game more . . . unrealistic, for me. But then again, when was the sims ever truly accurate on everything? Love it, downloading now.
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:45 PM
american law is stupid
the goverment is scared of itself
glad i don't live in america

good mod, makes sence
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:35 PM
thank you for making this mod!
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:57 PM
Trois's curfew is totally unrealistic. Unless every sim baby has a tracking device installed in their brains at birth, there's no way the sim police can track young simmies down accurately 100% each time. I'd like there to be a 40% chance of sims escaping the police instead of the curfew being taken off altogether. Thanks a bunch anyway.

(I live in the U.S. and in my city, we have a curfew also. I think after 11:30 PM, everyone under the age of 18 needs to be off the streets. Thankfully, it's not strictly enforced at all. Probably because my city's too big for it to be implemented seriously.)
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:39 PM
You mean the curfew is real? There are modern countries where people can't go around at night? Wow.. You people in usa should really stop watching tv or play videogames and put some sense back in your politicians. Thanks jonha for a really needed hack.
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 9:25 AM
Thanks for the neat mod, the very idea of a curfew was pretty shocking to me!
I'm very surprised there are civilized countries with a curfew. Perhaps because I live in a post-communist country, so curfew of any kind is in our minds strongly linked with an oppresive regime.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
I live in germany, and it isn't that strict here. If children/teens are drunk or lost, they will be brought home of course, but not if someone just takes a walk in the night, or goes fishing for examle.

well.. you should know better in germany you 're allowed to be outside until midnight when you are between 16 and 18, under 16 until 10 pm if you get caught by the police your parents or whoever are accountable
but this has got nothing to do with your mod

the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
and you have burned so very, very brightly, roy.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nahele
well.. you should know better in germany you 're allowed to be outside until midnight when you are between 16 and 18, under 16 until 10 pm

AFAIK this is not true, maybe it depends on the bundesland, and even if there were a law, the police won't check every teenager and bring them home, only when the parents inform the police or when the teenager seens to be in danger or helpless.

But this is offtopic.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
But this is offtopic.

it's the law in whole germany.. but of course the police isn't fortunately always everywhere to take control.. except in bavaria lol..

the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
and you have burned so very, very brightly, roy.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:55 PM
i never knew there was a curfew in the Sims 3 as i never played a teen.
Is there a option to run or hide from police?
if not that would be a cool mod,
or a mod with the 3 options, atack, run or hide.
Anyway thanks!!! this is really cool.
Page 1 of 5