Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:05 PM
Default Has Anyone Gotten The Iphone App Yet
I'm curious as to opinions of it. Kepping in mind that it's an iphone app and not a full pc game, I'm wondering if it's worth the 10 bucks to get it
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:07 PM
It's cute, but very limited. It also made my phone run hot and crash a lot. I last played it with OS 2.2.1 so maybe with the new OS 3.0 firmware it'll work better. Unfortunately, there are only 2 different sim faces: male and female. There are about half a dozen each of tops, bottoms, hairstyles, hair color, and skintones. I don't believe there are different ages, just one age: adult. If there are any other ages, I never found a way to create them. It also seems like there's only one playable sim per household, I didn't find a way to add any others. It does have the personality trait system, but they're different than the PC game. It is a real 3D world and you use both your fingers to change the angle, zoom in and out, etc. The graphics seem better or at least as good as the Sims 1 screenshots I've seen so it's probably pretty impressive for a phone.

It's probably worth the 10 bucks if it didn't crash all the time. A quick Google search finds that it crashes frequently for others so I'm not alone. Some people don't have this problem though. I do have a bunch of other apps installed as well as Cydia apps, OpenSSH, etc. so there could be a conflict or three.

Resident wet blanket.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:45 PM
Thanks for the info. From your description(crashing aside) it sounds like it's worth the $10 for me to have something to mess around with when I'm bored at work or waiting in line for something. I think I'll get it
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:10 PM
i want to but my friend stole my ipod.
You can tell by her eyes D:<

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide