Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 2789 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 1:47 PM
Default My sim mysteriously died and now I can't find her headstone:(
I was playing the sims 3 today when a child from another family I created died. A message came up on the screen saying something along the lines of "Madie Hart's remains have been found in a fire" Then I started playing with the family who lost madie. They don't appear to be upset and there is no tombstone thing.. I've looked everywhere, in their inventory, at the cemetary's musoleum I went to Manage graves and her grave isn't there, I even looked at the school 'cuz that's where she was when she died... Someone please help me
Thanx
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:42 PM
When someone from your non-active family dies the game treats it like a non-event. No tombstone, no mourning, nothing.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:49 PM
^ I've had sims that aren't in my active family die and their tombstones show up in the mausoleum.

Could this be one of those issues where the game deletes a character (or something) and so makes up the story that they died when they didn't? I'm sure I read other people have had this issue.

My Sims 3 stories blog - *NEW* Heather Legacy
My Sims 3 CC blog || My MTS page
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:42 PM
You mean the "hit by a bus" feature. Yes, this was a case of that. Story mode decided to kill off a kid for the lulz.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:35 AM
awww So there's no way of getting my sim back then?
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrox13
"Madie Hart's remains have been found in a fire"

Is it just me, or is maxis getting kinda morbid? It could have just been, "Madie Hart has died in a fire." But no, it's got to be that someone found her remains. They should have gone all out with it, "Madie Hart's charred corpse was found by her sister, who is now scarred for life. When police officer, George Dean, questioned the 8 year old girl, he discovered that she is a Pyromaniac. He also found evidence of a previous incident involving 2 gnomes and a fire pit. The family has since refused to make any further comment."

That would make a great mod.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:09 PM
Please people, use different save slots for different families. It's bad enough that we only get 4 slots, but you guys are only using ONE!
Inventor
#8 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbus
Please people, use different save slots for different families. It's bad enough that we only get 4 slots, but you guys are only using ONE!

We don't only get four slots.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:21 PM Last edited by Gangreless : 25th Jun 2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Random serendipity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbus

What does this really have to do with anything in this thread?

OT: Axe, you joined the site on my birthday!

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
25th Jun 2009 at 2:30 PM
This message has been deleted by Sophie_Q. Reason: already addressed

Section jump