Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 12:41 PM
Default Get yourself to the wedding, loser!!
One of my Sims was getting married. She was engaged to someone (Parker, a townie) and planned a nice wedding at the art gallery with a bunch of friends. He never showed up so she called him. First he said, I will be right there...then he said, Sorry something came up...for his own wedding!!!

She was bummed out.

The guy came over later in the day and they had a quiet and private wedding.

So went my attempt at a nice wedding...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 12:42 PM
she should have just dumped him when he showed up afterwards. how rude!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 12:59 PM
Note to self: Make sure Sims getting fancy weddings are shacked up prior to event.

HCAC, could you tell if he had to go to work or something at that time?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 1:06 PM
You shoulda had your Sim call him right back, I find that most of the time they come that second time or shortly thereafter... unless they say "try calling back in x # of hours"
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:16 PM
Yes, she should have dumped him but there is no male interested in her apart from him and she is almost an elder and I want them to have at least 1 kid!

I tried to call him back from the art gallery but there was 'no interaction available.'

So much for planning a nice wedding...

I didn't have the option for him to move in. I suppose they are too different to have easy romance...so it took longer to get to that point.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 9:20 PM
It is a shame we can not do horrible things to sims for things like that. Maybe our hand of god could get a cattle prod attachment for random punishments shall I suggest it on the offical forums?
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 10:06 PM
That would be awesome! I can just see the animation of a sim getting prodded and then falling forward, holding their bum (Think Sims 2, alien abduction return!) haha, classic.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 10:24 PM
that happened to me too, the townie was at my house playing computer but used the "stop doing that" option and with no need to leave the central park he stopped and came bit late...
Inventor
#9 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
Yes, she should have dumped him but there is no male interested in her apart from him and she is almost an elder and I want them to have at least 1 kid!

I tried to call him back from the art gallery but there was 'no interaction available.'

So much for planning a nice wedding...

I didn't have the option for him to move in. I suppose they are too different to have easy romance...so it took longer to get to that point.

You can use the "edit town" button and then move a person into any house (even your own sim's home). This isn't a cheat but a real option that the game gives us. Once the new sim is in your house, you can control him and see everything about him in his panels.
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 5:18 AM
Did you invite him to the wedding party?
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 1:37 PM
Yes, he was invited. He first said, "I will be right over, then said, I can't make it."

I think he may have been at work, or just not social.
They're married now and have twins.