Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 11:38 PM
Okay, just an update... Because I'm *wicked* anal, I've actually spent most of the day trying to perfect the wallpaper for the stairwell and making it look right with the stairs, even with designs and wainscotting.

The attatched picture shows that I was able to get get it to line up with the basement floor, but what I'm really going for is getting another level of wainscotting that 'climbs the stairs' as well. I'll be getting all of them done so that even whilst looking at it, one would feel the realism.

Why? Because I've really fallen for this house and can't put it out until it's perfect. heh
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 11:41 PM
Oh, and I've added a hottub into the basement level. I promise I'll have it up for upload as soon as I'm done ;o)
Field Researcher
#28 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 11:41 PM
This is stunning work. I am looking forward to its completion
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 11:42 PM
Tease! But I understand perfection is the name of the game.

*licks lips* I'll wait with baited breath....*sighs*
#30 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 4:32 AM
Awesome work... I cant wait till its available for download, keep up the good work, will be watching for future posts from you and excited to see more of your work!!!!! Keep it up, its the creative ones that keep us less skilled simmies going teehee.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 4:35 AM
where do u download it?
Field Researcher
#32 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 6:44 AM
Wow, that is simply amazing, congratulations AccioJosh!! I think you have hit the level of perfection... now, can we have it?? LOL :P
Test Subject
#33 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 6:48 AM
Great work! Really great arcitecture work as well, quite unique. Can't wait till we can all get our hands on it...
Field Researcher
#34 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 9:08 AM
If it's available to download i bet there would be alot of customs in there unless he changes it n_n
Field Researcher
#35 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 9:15 AM
actually the only custom thing i've seen is the flooring n_n
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Giniro
actually the only custom thing i've seen is the flooring n_n

There will be several custom wallpapers, too. I'm custom making the wallpapers for the stairwell so that it looks realistic, even with the messed up walls. That's what's taking so long. heh

Because I was up all night (working on this), I was exhausted last night and ended up really frustrated when I'd made nearly all of them only to have the images disappear when I went to put them into HC! I was SO UPSET. So now that I'm nearly starting over from scratch...

I promise it will be done in a couple of days at the most ;o)
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 12:39 PM
Very nice house!
I had to explain to my dad that this is a house that someone made on THE SIMS 2, being 5... eh 50-odd he's not got that good of eyes sight, and eharing for that matter. He was wondering why I was looking at new houses, "Simon... Are you thinking of moving out??".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 2:40 PM
Okay everyone, I know you're anticipating the actual upload of the house, but I have some things to do today before I can put the final touches on it. At this point it should be uploaded tomorrow.

Here are some pictures of the final decorating touches!

This shows the custom wallpapers I was working on for the stairwell. Notice how even though the walls are diagonal, the wallpaper looks right and the design seems more realistic that way... (Ages... Ages... *mumble*)

And a view of the updated pool room, allowing for another view of the stairwell.

I also custom-made wallpapers with the 'Beachy Keen' paint to go along with the timbering so the house was all one color.

The Library, which could be easily converted into another bedroom.

The master bedroom is accentuated with finely detailed, elegant panelling and a rich, gold-inlay wood floor with a black-tile centerpiece. The bed is a Simi XIVth shipped over from France especially.

The custom master bath continues the wood and black theme, giving black porcelain and wood paneling a new come-back!

The guest, or second bedroom is done in a summery theme, with bright whites and yellows to enhance the morning sunlight that pores in through the private balcony.

The guest bathroom continues the theme.

And our tour completes with the loft, a functional study or artistic space.

*phew*

By the way... How does once clean up the packed files? I know I read somewhere that there is a program for it; can someone link me? I want to get rid of all the unnecessary garbage...

And thank you to everyone who has commented that I've not responded to yet. I've been busy ... heh
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conker87
Very nice house!
I had to explain to my dad that this is a house that someone made on THE SIMS 2, being 5... eh 50-odd he's not got that good of eyes sight, and eharing for that matter. He was wondering why I was looking at new houses, "Simon... Are you thinking of moving out??".

HAHAHA

I can see how, if your eyes aren't showing it perfectly, one could easily mistake a Sims photo for a real home. heh The game has defintely come a long way ;o)

And I'm honoured that he thinks that of my design especially ;o)
Field Researcher
#40 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 2:47 PM
Just look for the MTS2 Clean Installer ver.1.41. Thats the one you want to clean up your packaged files.

Very good looking house....I'm most definitely interested of trying it out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkmoon
Just look for the MTS2 Clean Installer ver.1.41. Thats the one you want to clean up your packaged files.

Very good looking house....I'm most definitely interested of trying it out.

AWESOME! Thank you!

Yes, and the house is fully functional! The only problems are the bushes, which obviously are there to look realistic, but not really workable in Sims 2. I suppose to use the house you'd either need a patch to stop them from decaying or just remove enough to make them usable. =o(
Field Researcher
#42 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 2:51 PM
I will just remove them, as there is no hack available...
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 3:00 PM
I, like everyone else eagerly await this house once its available for download. You did such incredibly work on it, absolutely wonderful!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 3:13 PM
so f-ing amazing!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 7:31 PM
*crawls from under rock* Is it ready yet.....Is it ready yeeet. no? You make me sick! *crawls back under rock*
Field Researcher
#46 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 7:34 PM
I agree this is an amazing house, I have been waiting to download it almost from the off.

All I would say, and I only speak for myself here, not for anyone else, but for my game personally all your hard work on the interior is probably wasted, as the first thing I'll do is completely redecorate and refurnish it with my specific sims in mind.

Just a thought for you next time you build such an amazing house, you might want to save the interior for people to do themselves, as we all have different tastes. Now I'm not saying it doesn't look very nice the way you've done it, just that the sims I choose to live in it might like it done differently, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like this.

Also this would give a smaller end file for upload/download. *shrugs* Just my thoughts.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 10:21 PM
Even if you use the sims2pack Clean Installer thing. the house still won't look as nice without the same walls and floors he chose
Field Researcher
#48 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 10:24 PM
I don't use the Clean Installer anyway, I can't get it to work on my system. And you never know, maybe my decor would look just as nice, or maybe even nicer. There is never just one way for something to look "nice"
Field Researcher
#49 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 10:26 PM
So is it available for download yet?
Test Subject
#50 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 10:45 PM
nooooooooo......I don't want to redecorate it.... I could care less if my sim likes the decor...I like the decor... So when we download this house from your website...are there any fees?
Locked thread
Page 2 of 4