Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:35 AM
Default Shopping
I found it kinda annoying that in TS3, we couldn't really go shopping for CLOTHES, which is what shopping usually connotes to. Shopping only for books and groceries gets kinda boring!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:40 AM
Instead, everything is free! Just click on the dresser.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:42 AM
I imagine there are going to be more items available for purchase with the expansion packs, but I agree. Shopping in Sims 3 is severely lacking. Although, I do like not having to buy clothes. That was always a money sink for me in Sims 2 since I had tons of custom content.

I'm looking forward to PC & video games (for each separate console so they don't work on both of them), colognes and perfumes (from Nightlife) and a black market merchant that sells all kinds of interesting oddities like a special fertilizer for plants etc.
Theorist
#4 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hellodionne
I found it kinda annoying that in TS3, we couldn't really go shopping for CLOTHES, which is what shopping usually connotes to. Shopping only for books and groceries gets kinda boring!

Yeah, I'd quite have like clothes shopping, but with more realistic prices than TS2. I was surprised not to find it in TS3, but I love the ability to customize the clothes...although they probably could have combined that with shopping.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."