Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:30 AM
Default My resurrected sim has lost her gravestone.
I was wondering if this has happened to any of you. While switching between active households it seems my resurrected ghost sim and her ghost daughter have misplaces their gravestones. Y'know the ones that you can't actually remove from their inventories? So seeing as they can't die again, and can't return to the netherlands without them, they're doomed to wander the earth forever. Is there any way to return them to 'the netherlands' when their time is up without their gravestones, or am I going to have to delete them? Is there any way to restore their gravestones to their inventories, as I'm assuming this is a glitch or something. Could be due to awesomemod, as it affects inventories...

Hoping you intelligent people can lend me some answers.
Thanks for your time reading.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:56 AM Last edited by arelenriel : 27th Jun 2009 at 2:14 PM.
When you take the ghosts to the science lab and they become playable ghosts- their gravestones should be in their personal inventories- if These ghosts are termed Restored Ghosts- and are the result of the Science Lab Opportunity

A resurrected ghost would be a ghost that has either been fed ambrosia or eaten it themselves- thus becoming alive again- They won't have gravestones because they are no longer dead.

You ghosts will age- much in the way that a normal Sim does but when they become an elder and their time is up you will get a pop up in the game similar to the ones that happen when a Sim is about to die- except the ghosts will say" So and So's time on this plane is ending soon and they will be forced to return to the Netherworld. Maybe you ought to visit and say goodbye."
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NicoleyMoley
I was wondering if this has happened to any of you. While switching between active households it seems my resurrected ghost sim and her ghost daughter have misplaces their gravestones. Y'know the ones that you can't actually remove from their inventories? So seeing as they can't die again, and can't return to the netherlands without them, they're doomed to wander the earth forever. Is there any way to return them to 'the netherlands' when their time is up without their gravestones, or am I going to have to delete them? Is there any way to restore their gravestones to their inventories, as I'm assuming this is a glitch or something. Could be due to awesomemod, as it affects inventories...

Have your ghost sim max out cooking skill and learn the ambrosia recipe.

Ambrosia will make your ghost sim alive again and die of old age naturally.

I have 2 ghost sims with this problem too atm
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:04 PM
Oh, yah she's a restored ghost. I fed her ambrosia but nothing happened, presumably because she's already been restored. I'll have a look in their family inventory!
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:15 PM
Ambrosia will resurrect here- Restored ghosts are the ones that go to the science lab so they can be out of their graves 24/7 instead of only midnight to between five and eight in the morning.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:28 PM
Her gravestone wasn't in the family inventory...guess I'll have to wait and see til her time is up...
Forum Resident
#7 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:28 PM
If they've been restored at the lab, why would it matter if they had a grave or not? As was already mentioned, they age like all Sims. I'd imagine they'll just stop becoming playable once their time is up for good. Their graves may even show up once this happens. Having never had that happen, I'm only guessing, but yeah...I don't see why it would matter if they're restored ghosts.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 2:29 PM

I have the same problem right now! I have two playable ghost and they moved and somehow lost their gravestones, I want them dead (lol sorry ) but nothing works! Drowning, fire, starving, aging up, they just don't die. My ghosts are currently 103 years old. I tried ambrosia to restore them to normal sims, but it dind't work out either, they still remain ghosts. how am I supposed to bring them back to normal? Or better, get rid of them?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Muse
I have the same problem right now! I have two playable ghost and they moved and somehow lost their gravestones, I want them dead (lol sorry ) but nothing works! Drowning, fire, starving, aging up, they just don't die. My ghosts are currently 103 years old. I tried ambrosia to restore them to normal sims, but it dind't work out either, they still remain ghosts. how am I supposed to bring them back to normal? Or better, get rid of them?

Playable ghosts missing their urnstones are immortal, and will never die.

They probably lost their urnstones when the EA inventory cleanup ran and deleted all the inactive sim inventories.

You can use a mod to kill them... SuperComputer's "Force Kill" interaction was originally created specifically to kill playable ghosts (as I had a number of them in my town as well).

Cheers.

Edit: spelling

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 12:33 AM
Is there any way to restore their gravestones to their inventories, as I'm assuming this is a glitch or something. Could be due to awesomemod, as it affects inventories...

In TS3 when you switch families everything gets wiped from their inventories, it has nothing to do with awesomemod and apparently it's not a glitch because none of patches have fixed this major problem!

Quote: Originally posted by Richard Cunningham
Ambrosia will make your ghost sim alive again and die of old age naturally.

Actually that doesn't seem to work for playable ghosts! Someone said it only works for non-playable ghosts, and when my playable ghost ate it and nothing happened
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
In TS3 when you switch families everything gets wiped from their inventories, it has nothing to do with awesomemod and apparently it's not a glitch because none of patches have fixed this major problem!

You are correct, EA has the inventory purge coded explicitly to remove inventories of inactive sims. It's a "feature", not a bug.

Actually that doesn't seem to work for playable ghosts! Someone said it only works for non-playable ghosts, and when my playable ghost ate it and nothing happened

It does work for playable ghosts, provided they have an urnstone in their inventory.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
It does work for playable ghosts, provided they have an urnstone in their inventory.

So back to the original question then, is there any way to get their urnstone back?
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 3:24 AM
So back to the original question then, is there any way to get their urnstone back?

Unlike other items in inventories, ghosts should have their urnstones with them as part of their existence. While it is not a bug, it is a careless way of EA to purge inventory without checking for important items like this.

For now, imo, you can only use TSR Neighborhood editor to change the ghost properties to be alive again. And for the purpose of working around, just kill the sims and have them brought back from Science lab.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 10:46 PM
Haha Simbalena the same thing just happened to me. Damn ghost wont die. I mean i know she is the mother in law and mother of my two sims but still seriously she needs to leave. Force Kill didnt work. nothing else has eitehr
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cleocrowley
Force Kill didnt work. nothing else has eitehr

"Force Kill" on SuperComputer? Since that was its original intent, killing unkillable ghosts, is should have worked.

I just tried the command myself on one of my undying playable ghosts, and it worked properly... Killed her dead, and added her urnstone to the mausoleum.

Not sure what's going on with your sim.

Good Luck.

Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
For now, imo, you can only use TSR Neighborhood editor to change the ghost properties to be alive again. And for the purpose of working around, just kill the sims and have them brought back from Science lab.

Do you happen to have a link to this editor? It sounds like it could be very useful if it can change the properties of a ghost to be alive again! :D