Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#26 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cloffee
I've had 1 set of twins and 1 set of triplets before. They were born a couple of days apart (I really like to churn kids out) and MY GOD I wanted to seriously put them all up for adoption.

Toddlers are the worst, I think. I don't like teaching them to walk, talk, poop. And there's no smart baby juice so they learn their skills faster! I ended up with a girl that was a Loner, Can't Stand Art, and Slob because I got lazy with her learning. Now she's ruined for life!!

Lol... u could always use CFE to modify traits i guess.... but OMG so much like real life...

one of the generations in my family ended up with 5 kids (twins, boys, and triplets, girls) and only one of the boys ended up being successful, the others... well.... not so much

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 5:18 AM
I had twin boys then triplet girls when I first started my legacy. Boy was that fun. No money, no house and lots of babies. The mother basically went crazy until I moved the father in. I got the toddlers trained as quickly as possible and then let them be. I agree with everyone else here that children are much easier in sims 3.
I guess I got used to lots of babies in sims 2 though (or maybe my legacy sims are cursed) because my legacy had 3 sets of twins right off the bat.
Scholar
#28 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 8:18 PM
I wanted to mention that I did NOT age up my toddlers early. Except for teaching them skills, making sure they maxed out their toy skills, I just let them crawl around and do their own thing. They spend most of their time hiding in the toybox and playing with the toys. I liked this MUCH better than TS2 where I would just force the kids to use the charisma bunny forever. The toddlers actually acted like kids. I loved watching them toddle all over the place with toys and discovering who was hiding in the box.

The only thing I would have done differently is that I would have bought the block table earlier. The toddlers did play it autonomously and they would build up their family relationships and social needs by talking to each other.

My biggest complaint about toddlers is that except for the block table, they are unable to interact with each other. This is so unrealistic. Real toddlers can and will interact on a limited basis. Of course to make it realistic, the interactions would probably just be -- "jabber at" "climb over" "steal toy" "smack"

I also wish you could put the books on the floor and interact with them. I don't mean read them and get the skills, but they should be able to pick up the books and play with them, chew on them.. just for added toddler cuteness.
Instructor
#29 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:38 PM
Toddlers can read the kid books if you leave them on the floor I thought.
Inventor
#30 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
Toddlers can read the kid books if you leave them on the floor I thought.

Yes, they can. And some of the books give them skill points as a toddler and some will give them quicker skill building when they are children, if they've already read the books. I had my sim parent place about 3 or 4 books at a time on the toddler's bedroom floor and then I would queue up the kid to read each book at a time. I would keep feeding him the books until he had read all of them. When he became a child and was able to read the books from the bookcase, he had already had 1 skill level from some of the skills available. Also, if you have a parent that is maxed out in certain skills, they can tutor their child and that will give the child skill points, too, so they don't have to read every book.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:56 AM
I had to handle 4 newborns and a toddler. Triplets came when I had my first set of twins.
Now I have a family of 7. Everyone is either a teen or a child and its so much easier because they can care for themselves. I really thought I was going to die trying to care for them all.
Scholar
#32 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:00 AM
I just looked. I accidentally put the wrong books down for the tots. OOPS. I is am doofus.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:33 PM
AHH! It seems as if my legacies are cursed. Not only did I have to restart because my computer freaked out, but my new founder had triplet boys in a matriarchy. Hopefully she doesn't have triplets again. That would be a headache. Lol.
Test Subject
#34 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:49 PM
I don't know how many is too many, I would think no more than 3 without going crazy.

This is too much:

http://s972.photobucket.com/albums/...t=Video-153.flv
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FieryDove
I don't know how many is too many, I would think no more than 3 without going crazy.

This is too much:

Wow. How did they even get that many babies on one lot? The guy walking around with the baby attached to his hand is creepy.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:07 PM
I have taken care of four toddlers at once. That's the most I have handled in the game. The mother was a stay at home mom, though. One was adopted and the other three were her own. It became difficult at times, but it wasn't that bad. I think it's easier then in sims 2 because you don't have to go to the fridge to get a bottle, and changing their diaper is easier now too.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:08 PM

This is too much:

Bwahaha, that's insane! In Sims2 one of my sims had twins once and I thought that was bad, can't imagine what it was like with so many babies on the lot at once.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
Real kids, sims kids, doesn't matter. The point is that I see people complaining about having to take care of these sim babies, that they themselves allowed either deliberately, or let happen and that makes no sense to me. You do have a choice, just like in real life. You don't have to make sims that have babies and if you do decide to have your sims making babies, then learn to face the consequences. Or use cheats. I love the sims babies but want my sim parents to also be able to do other things, so I use the cheats in order to make all the sims, parents and children, happy. If I was so gungho to not use cheats, then I would only have myself to blame for all the hard work it is to take care of them.

THANK YOU.

In my game, I usually don't have any Simbbz until my Sim is an adult and already extremely advanced in their career. I usually have single parent households because IRL I don't believe in marriage. (Let's just say, been there done that.) It's MUCH more rewarding, successful, and fun if your Sim works their ass off and settles down later in life. Sure, you'll be an elder when your child is a teen, but it's soo worth it. And by the time my Sim retires, their child is a teen and my Sim can tutor them and help them build skills that will assist them once they're young adults.

Just like in real life, I want my Simmies to have a life before they just start popping out spawn.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:08 PM
I have only taken care of about two babies at the same time, twins. I didn't get to play TS2 as much as I would've liked.

It wasn't overly difficult, and I did have some help from the nanny, so, no real biggie right there.

In TS1 I made my other children help to care for the baby. ^.^ That made it REALLY simple.

But to me it seemed like TS1 babies were hardest (unless it was just that I was less experienced) but I don't know about TS3.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:21 PM
FieryDove: Yiiiiiikes. I wonder how long it took to name all the poor things? They're all girls, too!

Agreed on all points, bluegenjutsu. Don't like babies? Don't have them. Sims had babies on their own? Too bad--deal with it. Or take the easy way out and get rid of the problem altogether...

As for my own experience, I've had a family with a child, a toddler, and two babies all at once, but not for long. They still drove me bananas, though . Now that the eldest is a teen and can take care of the toddlers, it makes things much easier.
Test Subject
#41 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wintermute
FieryDove: Yiiiiiikes. I wonder how long it took to name all the poor things? They're all girls, too!

I don't know. If anyone wants insanity they are a playable family. Its being reported you only get 78 babies not 82 by several people. Only 78...I don't have that kind of stamina. lol

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=189832

(If I would try it I would do it on a fresh town, I have a feeling with that many children the game will kill off/move out most everyone else for SP reasons/balance.)
Inventor
#42 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:11 AM
Well, if a town only had all daughters or sons/daughters from the same parents, that town will die out anyway (unless you use the Taboo mod) because there is no room for any other people to move in. :D
Alchemist
#43 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:19 AM

This is too much:

Haha OMG thats awesome. I would probably have my sims kill themselves though :D

Quote:
I don't know. If anyone wants insanity they are a playable family. Its being reported you only get 78 babies not 82 by several people. Only 78...I don't have that kind of stamina. lol

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=189832

(If I would try it I would do it on a fresh town, I have a feeling with that many children the game will kill off/move out most everyone else for SP reasons/balance.)

Wow... i didn't think that was even possible..... i'll have to try it sometime
and bluegenjutsu... has a point... i wonder if you could kill a whole town *thinks intensely*

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Test Subject
#44 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 9:00 AM
I had a kid and a teen then my sim was giving birth at home and it had triplets. I did nothing to get this except sit down and eat all day and now my house is a hell land.
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:33 PM
Oh my god. I had one of my sims have 3 babies and then her husband die. I had to make another sim and move her in there. It was terrible haha
Instructor
#46 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:41 PM
A set of toddler quadruplets and a set of toddler twins, not counting any sims aged child and up.
That's what I get for playing a Perfect Genetics legacy, haha.
Scholar
#47 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:52 AM
One of my sims had triplets once, so I guess 3.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 3:22 AM
My sim. has a boy baby.., 3 days later the triplets come.., then I got twins.., easy

Nobody might see what I see in you, but all I want you to know is your special, to special for words sometimes.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 5:22 AM
One time I had five at once. First she had triplets, then a set of twins, and I had the baby stage set at five days, and toddler at seven days to prevent the children from growing up before the parents were almost elders, and so I had babies totally for two days, then toddlers for fourish days. I forced the older toddlers to age up a day early, because I couldn't handle it any more. I didn't use any cheats, and the babysitter was absolutely useless due to me owning a video game system and pool table. I did manage to get them all taught and trained so they wouldn't have any negative traits, and then when they were all children I sent them all to private school so I could have more children. Eventually, my sims had nine children, two of which were born shortly before they turned into elders. I didn't cheat, I just moved out who I could as soon as they aged up.
Scholar
#50 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:29 PM
My TS3 record is 3 babies and 2 toddlers (who then aged into 1 kid and 4 toddlers). Further complicated by the presence of the Daycare career, and the extra 4 toddlers who were at the house all day as a result. And my age settings are 3 days for babies and 9 for toddlers. So over a week of 8 babies/toddlers in the house. It was crazy but fun!

All 5 of my kids got their walk/talk/potty training in, along with reading most of the toddler books and I got a reasonably good daycare score every day. And no babysitters were called in, though both parents were at home the whole time thanks to maternity leave.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Page 2 of 3