Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Slower Eating, More Talking! Semper fidelis edo!

by cazelfax Posted 29th Jun 2009 at 6:55 PM - Updated 23rd Nov 2009 at 6:07 PM by cazelfax : Listing WA compatibility.

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 7:05 PM
I thought the Sims ate really fast but i wasn't sure if i was just going crazy!
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 7:11 PM
I had the shut up and eat up mod for sims 2, seems they went to the extreme with making them eat faster. By the time they all toe tap in the kitchen and get to the dining room, the first one there has finished. I'll be using this one.

How about getting rid of the toe tapping route fail thing, that is really annoying
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 7:19 PM
Thanks, I really appreciate this. It would have been nice, though if despite them eating fast, EA could have allowed them to stay seated so they could talk like they used to do. And if they were in a hurry to go somewhere, we'd have the option to cancel their conversation. They would have been full by then, so it wouldn't have mattered. This is not a request. I'm just saying. Thanks for the mod!!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:06 PM
Yesh! Now my Sims can have dinner parties where guests actually talk to each other!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:29 PM
I love you. thanks
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:09 PM
Thank you so much! I keep seeing mods for "faster eating" and wondering why anyone could possibly want that! My family Sims do most of their socializing at the dinner table and the faster eating has been driving me nuts. Why should people who live in the same house have to go out of their way to socialize with each other. It's nuts!

Is this compatible with Awesomemod, or will I have to choose?
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
How about getting rid of the toe tapping route fail thing, that is really annoying

JM Pescado's Awesome Mod fixes this and many other game issues:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html

It's a lot to read through, but completely worth it. Especially because it's easy to customize and choose which parts of the mod you want to use in your game.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sashimidragon
JM Pescado's Awesome Mod fixes this and many other game issues:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html

It's a lot to read through, but completely worth it. Especially because it's easy to customize and choose which parts of the mod you want to use in your game.

Are you sure? Because I have the awesome mod installed and my sims are eating fast the same way. I've printed the awesome mod's features and after reading it I was not able to identify this one.
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 11Aracelis11
Are you sure? Because I have the awesome mod installed and my sims are eating fast the same way. I've printed the awesome mod's features and after reading it I was not able to identify this one.

I think the post is referring to the route fail problem.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:09 PM
Thanks for this, it is most appreciated.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:45 PM
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
Thank you so much! I keep seeing mods for "faster eating" and wondering why anyone could possibly want that! My family Sims do most of their socializing at the dinner table and the faster eating has been driving me nuts. Why should people who live in the same house have to go out of their way to socialize with each other. It's nuts!

Is this compatible with Awesomemod, or will I have to choose?

This is an XML tuning mod, which will only conflict with other mods attempting to change the same thing (i.e. mixing this with another mod that changes anything about how quickly/slowly food is consumed is bad). It doesn't conflict with AwesomeMod.
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:11 AM
First one that gets up from the table, has to clean up all the damn dishes haha Thanks for this mod, it's much appreciated.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:14 AM
Thank you! It seems as if my sims hardly eat at all. One sim has been eating the same grilled cheese sandwich for three days -- WTF? I know this mod doesn't change that, but at least she'll consume her third of a cheese sandwich a bit more slowly!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:31 AM
YES! most of the family gets to know or relate to eachother at the table. It has always been that way in Sims 1 and 2. Great conversations at the dinner table makes strong relationships :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:59 AM
A really cool mod many thnx for sharing... :0)
Scholar
#18 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 10:44 AM
I used this eating mod and they've had two meals with the 3x longer one, I didn't find they talked more at all, they just put a lot more shovel fulls of food into their faces. Is there any way to step up on the talking?

Pescado doesn't address this

I made the error of buying one of my sims the hardly ever hungry reward, it's horrible, he only ever eats about every third day, it messes up the being able to send them all for a meal out. I won't use that again. They all have steel bladders though and that's good
Scholar
#19 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wrathoranos
I think the post is referring to the route fail problem.

Yeah I thought he was referring to the route fail. Awesome mod does say it fixes that but it doesn't. I still have exactly the same problem with route fail. My kid was late for school, despite having started to try to have breakfast just after 7am. I kinda regretted having this mod in too that morning. There are 4 adults in the house too, they deliberately step in front of each other in the kitchen and all toe tap, while the kid can't get ear the plate to get food. It's a nasty feature of the game, families don't behave like that in RL and if they do, they're disfunctional. This is a nice family, they should't be doing the hand on the hip, toe tapping, attitude thing with each other. By the time the kid got her food it was 8 and the bus was there, I had her eating 3 x slower with this mod, so the bus was gone by the time she was done. She had to cycle to school. Two hours to get breakfast, not the fault of this mod, the fault of the toe tapping, I feel like slapping them around when they do it
Scholar
#20 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:09 PM
I have awesome mod but my sims eat way too fast. Its impossible to get a household of 5 eat together because they takes ages to pick up a plate. Is this compatible with awesomemod?

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
I used this eating mod and they've had two meals with the 3x longer one, I didn't find they talked more at all, they just put a lot more shovel fulls of food into their faces. Is there any way to step up on the talking?

I'm looking into increasing the likelihood of talking, for now, though they at least talk while eating at all and it's not to hard to get them sitting down and eating together. They'll also hang around for thirty sim minutes to talk to with whoever's still at the table after they finish.

I don't know as that it's possible to mod more talking during meals through XML, I hope it is and will look into it, but... yeah. No promises!

This, like all my other hacks, is compatible with the AwesomeMod. It says so in the RTFM.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:00 PM
Oh my GOD! I especially love the picture you included. Thanks
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:54 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who though they ate fast.

I got them to eat together once. Just once.

Woot to this!
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 10:55 PM
Like the idea, but I'm not sure what happened that went wrong with mine. I downloaded the 4x speed, and while my sims ate much slower, their hunger bar did not fill . I first thought it was because they were eating leftovers from before I installed the mod, but the same thing happened when I hade the sim create a new meal. However, the food bar filled correctly with Maxis "quick Meals" Am I missing something (the hunger bar worked normally again after I uninstalled the mod). I don't have any other food related mods, so I don't know what might be interfering.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LilandraNiramani
Like the idea, but I'm not sure what happened that went wrong with mine. I downloaded the 4x speed, and while my sims ate much slower, their hunger bar did not fill . I first thought it was because they were eating leftovers from before I installed the mod, but the same thing happened when I hade the sim create a new meal. However, the food bar filled correctly with Maxis "quick Meals" Am I missing something (the hunger bar worked normally again after I uninstalled the mod). I don't have any other food related mods, so I don't know what might be interfering.

I probably messed up the calculation with the 4x one. I'll look into it.
Page 1 of 3