Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:22 AM
Default A feature which should be in the new expansions
Snooty Sims recently found out that the new Sim's 3 EP is coming November. In Sims 2, you had to wait to load the new towns in the game. In Sims 3, I think they might, or should, do this: Expand the neighborhood. What I mean is, instead of clicking a button that warps you to the new town or whatever like in Sims 2, just place the new town right behind Sunset Valley (Or Riverveiw). So, by simply moving your mouse like you do to move around town, just move your mouse back, and voila, you see the new town added in the expansion pack. EA should definitely do this so we still have loading screens at all! What do you guys think?

Note: Also, if you want, say what kind of EP you would like to see. Personally, I'd like to see a rollercoaster EP, so you can build theme parks and stuff
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:30 AM
Creating their first EP, I think EA should focus on replacing what seems missing from the game after TS2. So many people were used to pets and weather that without them, the game seems... unfinished. For the next EP I feel like we should get weather, definitely. I also really enjoyed Apartment life, but so much of what I liked about it is already found in the Sims 3. Maybe they could add the option of Apartments, but improve on the Sims 2 version and let the simmers create them.

nickdog627, I like your idea of adding new places for the sims to visit. No loading screens is a must--something that keeps me playing the game without realizing how long I've actually been playing
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:32 AM
I want home buisnesses back. I thought it was way too hard in TS2 and I don't think I'm the only one(sorry for jumping to conclusions if I am the only one) that thought this. But I think that if they did it right it could be really fun. Maybe you could hire someone to stand in the center of town and tell people to come to your store or something. That would be cool. My favorite expansion was definetly seasons but I mostly just liked the gardening and the fishing which we already have. I only really liked NL for the cars and dating, which we already have, BV in my opinion was just stupid and pointless in my opinion, I never got AL so that would be cool. University took way to long. Pets were really annoying but if they did it right could be fun, and finally(sorry if I forgot one) FT. Ugh! the constant phone calls and people randomly walking in to your house and interupting whatever you were doing before was so annoying. But then again, I played without any expansions at my friends house and it was so boring. Anyway's I probably want OFB first of all the one's we had for TS2. Sorry for the rant. :P
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:54 AM
I like nickdog's idea for expanding the neighborhoods. At some point I would like to see pets and magic. But I keep saying that, so everyone knows. :D

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:52 AM
I'm not sure what I want more, pets or businesses. I would like to have my real life dog but I also want to recreate Paddy's Pub.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stygia2002
I like nickdog's idea for expanding the neighborhoods. At some point I would like to see pets and magic. But I keep saying that, so everyone knows. :D

Magic would be cool to see, considering how there wasn't a Sims 2 version of it. But I'd really like them to make new expansion packs, not just the same ones from Sims 1 and Sims 2. There are some Sims 2 EP's I'd like to see again, but EA needs to be more creative with the EP's.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:15 AM
Weather, Pets, and Apartments are what I want most!
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:35 AM
It's the little things in TS2 that aren't in TS3 that I really want back.

Like being able to slow dance...I loved this feature, especially for taking wedding pictures.

Definitley more interactions for babies and toddlers.....being able to walk them in strollers, handing them over to another sim, tucking them in, etc....

I also think the testingcheatsenabled cheat should be able to control skill level!!!!!!!! It's driving me crazy having to do this on my own!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:50 AM
nickdog670 has one of the best ideas I've heard. If EA decides to expand the neighbourhoods, you just simply have to scroll over and not have to load a different screen.

Sadly though, I don't think they will do that. I mean they could have simply done that with Riverview (which would have been nice).

I too would like to see pets and businesses.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:54 AM
I have a pretty good computer that more than meets the minimum specs, but I would really worry if they put a neighborhood right next to another... I mean, you have to do that whole "shift back to Sim" thing, etc. It just might be *too* big, and once custom content comes out, I feel like the game might end up slowing down a lot if the neighborhoods are too big. I wouldn't mind a loading screen for vacation destinations.

I really want businesses back in the next EP.
Scholar
#11 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nickdog670
Magic would be cool to see, considering how there wasn't a Sims 2 version of it. But I'd really like them to make new expansion packs, not just the same ones from Sims 1 and Sims 2. There are some Sims 2 EP's I'd like to see again, but EA needs to be more creative with the EP's.

Well they had Witches in Apartment Life, so they did have magic...sort of...just in the form of a supernatural character. I totally agree with you that duplicating the same EPs over and over is redundant and downright boring. They did mix it up in Sims 2 by doing totally new content (college, seasons, businesses, Apartments, etc.) and alternating with some EPs based on Sims 1 concepts (yet they were different from the Sims 1 versions). I don't know that they will do anything with magic in Sims 3, but I'd like to think they will because magic adds so much potential for sims jackassery and so many funny things. I'd be surprised if they *don't* do some kind of pets expansion though because pets are a huge part of the human experience and sims are little simulated people, so not giving them pets at some point just doesn't seem like an option or in the spirit of the Sims experience. And they would need to put out a pets EP before anything with magic because Witches gotta have their familiars!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:36 AM
OFB and Apartment is my favourite EP...
i wish EA will make these EP quick...

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by secretsim
I have a pretty good computer that more than meets the minimum specs, but I would really worry if they put a neighborhood right next to another... I mean, you have to do that whole "shift back to Sim" thing, etc. It just might be *too* big, and once custom content comes out, I feel like the game might end up slowing down a lot if the neighborhoods are too big. I wouldn't mind a loading screen for vacation destinations.

I really want businesses back in the next EP.

I agree, that would be insanely large! My sims load quickly because I too have more than enough specs, but a bigger town might be ridiculous to load. It would be awesome, I just don't think it is possible, however.
Eminence Grise
#14 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:53 AM
That, plus there's another problem: how do you connect the two areas so that sims can travel from one to the other? Sunset Valley and Riverview both have roads that go off the map, but in different places.

You could "fake it", of course... have areas that load separately, but hide the loading in a train ride or whatever. That's how games like WoW do it (areas load separately and are connected by twisty mountain passages, tunnels etc that give the next area time to load)... a good method for creating the illusion of a ginormous seamless world.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:14 AM Last edited by nickdog670 : 29th Jun 2009 at 8:25 PM.
They don't need to add a new area for each expansion pack though. I'm pretty sure only 3 new areas (Universities, Bluewater City, Downtown) were added in Sims 2. Even if they do add a new area with each expansion, like Srikandi said, you could in train, although, I think airplane would be better. It would be a rabbit-hole and you wait a day on the plane to get to the new destination. They could have the new area loading while your sim is flying in the airplane too.

Also, I want the new areas added to not just be shopping plaza's, but maybe place with foreign cultures like Japan-esque areas or tropical areas to go to. Another cool idea, would be that Universities would be determined on how well you sim did in school and if you are rich or poor.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:03 AM
I like the plane or train idea, I am not too keen for the neighborhoods all to be joined, because it would slow down the game, and it kinda messes with my idea of the geography, I like playing with a cute little town rather than a gigantic sim nation.
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:13 AM
I want more interactions. I could care less about other things. I want more socializing options and complex dynamics.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:44 AM
I want more places to go. What's the whole point of a seamless neighborhood if there are almost no places to visit?

The library, gym, cemetery, and beach get tiring. Don't even get me started on rabbit holes.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:45 PM
so make more places to go to.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:17 PM
I cannot wait for a weather ep, especially with the stunning graphics in this game. I want my sim to wake up in the morning, look outside and see the grey storm clouds rolling in overhead, and then go back to sleep I want to look at Central Park in the snow and swim in the oceans in the summer. I think there is just so much potential for a weather ep. And I wish I could choose whether my sims liked the cold/ the heat etc.

One thing I'd REALLY want to see is smarter actions in a weather ep. Like, if my sims are having a picnic in the park and a thunderstorm starts, GO FIND COVER! DON'T SIT THERE AND CONTINUE TO EAT.

That always bugged me in ts2 :P
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmaline
Creating their first EP, I think EA should focus on replacing what seems missing from the game after TS2. So many people were used to pets and weather that without them, the game seems... unfinished. For the next EP I feel like we should get weather, definitely. I also really enjoyed Apartment life, but so much of what I liked about it is already found in the Sims 3. Maybe they could add the option of Apartments, but improve on the Sims 2 version and let the simmers create them.

nickdog627, I like your idea of adding new places for the sims to visit. No loading screens is a must--something that keeps me playing the game without realizing how long I've actually been playing

I like your idea emmaline - this is something I thought, they will have to replace what people believe to be missing, but also keep the franchise new and fresh with exciting new concepts - one way they could do this is to have aspects of the sims 2 mixed within a fresh and new expansion -- kind of like appartment life (which had the witches and spells incorporated into that expansion - from the original sims)
Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by no_pulse
nickdog670 has one of the best ideas I've heard. If EA decides to expand the neighbourhoods, you just simply have to scroll over and not have to load a different screen.

Sadly though, I don't think they will do that. I mean they could have simply done that with Riverview (which would have been nice).

I too would like to see pets and businesses.

I dont think they will expand the NH, after all witch one would they expand?

anyone else notice that there is alot more lag in there game when playing the org NH then there is playing the DL one, or is it just me?
It drives me crazy to try and play the org NH.
we need a way to start with a empty nh (I no that they can be DL here) and make our own. all that stuff is cool, but if it means waiting every few mins for my game to unfreeze, I could live without it.
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:31 PM
Hmm.. lets see..
I want seasons, nightlife and OFB, I don't need to go on holiday and I don't need pets and an EP like Free Time (which was a complete waste of money).
I would also like for EA to get rid of these stupid rabbit holes, or at least give us a chance to look inside.

"As finishing touch God created the DUTCH!"
Mad Poster
#24 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsuncensored
I dont think they will expand the NH, after all witch one would they expand?

anyone else notice that there is alot more lag in there game when playing the org NH then there is playing the DL one, or is it just me?
It drives me crazy to try and play the org NH.
we need a way to start with a empty nh (I no that they can be DL here) and make our own. all that stuff is cool, but if it means waiting every few mins for my game to unfreeze, I could live without it.

That's probably because there's less gemstones and seeds generated in Riverview than in Sunset Valley. What drives me batty is if I move the camera quickly from one place to another then I have to wait for the objects and textures to appear on the lot. It's annoying when this happens on the lot across the road from my sim's house, even though I have the game set to render on high 3 neighbouring lots. This is also one of the reasons I doubt the base neighbourhoods will get any bigger than they already are.

I'd like to have back OFB, nightlife, and Freetime. Apartments (just the possibility to build apartments) would be nice to have back again. Pets were cute but i can live without them and I don't particularly care for weather. I liked the rain and the thunderstorms and the leaves falling, but those are details, and in the winter there was too little for sims to do to make it desirable. I generally just want more things for my sims to do, and something to make rabbit holes into useable community lots.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
That's probably because there's less gemstones and seeds generated in Riverview than in Sunset Valley. What drives me batty is if I move the camera quickly from one place to another then I have to wait for the objects and textures to appear on the lot. It's annoying when this happens on the lot across the road from my sim's house, even though I have the game set to render on high 3 neighbouring lots. This is also one of the reasons I doubt the base neighbourhoods will get any bigger than they already are.

I'd like to have back OFB, nightlife, and Freetime. Apartments (just the possibility to build apartments) would be nice to have back again. Pets were cute but i can live without them and I don't particularly care for weather. I liked the rain and the thunderstorms and the leaves falling, but those are details, and in the winter there was too little for sims to do to make it desirable. I generally just want more things for my sims to do, and something to make rabbit holes into useable community lots.

lol, what are rabbit holes anyways?
I don't think I have seen any.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: See new sticky.
Page 1 of 3