Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 33 (Who?), Viewed: 47969 times.
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:21 PM
Default Alien Abduction in SIMS 3??
Has anyone had an Alien Abduction in SIMS 3 ? If so how did it happen??
Thanks
Jezz

I don't like you well enough to lie to you!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:27 PM
There are no aliens in TS3 besides ones you make yourself in CAS using green skin. Alien abduction is not part of the game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:26 PM
Sadly that is true, I bought a telescope just for that reason,
Bummed me out when after hours of searching the galaxy and naming stars, but nothing has come.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:48 PM
So it's true... *sigh*
I've become obsolete!
8 tracks, Beta machines and now Simalien.
Shame on you, EA *LOL*

... Anybuddy know a cure for Alien withdrawl?
Alchemist
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:40 AM
Yeah i was disappointed that i couldn't send my sims up into space to get raped by aliens and come back pregnant with green alien babies. I guess the green skin in CAS is the closest we'll get

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:43 AM
In the newspaper, you will sometimes read about the Strangetown disease possibly showing up in your town. To me, that means the alien abductions where men get impregnated. That would be considered a disease, I guess. So it is possible that they are planning a future EP for it, also a future EP for movie making in the town. I think they will add the big, expensive telescope again. Also, people in the town will sneeze for no apparent reason. My sims do not end up sick even though they've sneezed. I'm thinking that is something to do with a future EP, also.
Inventor
#7 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:36 AM
The sneezing links to Seasons in TS2- when they would get allergies in the Spring- another EP or SP with weather I would guess.

Movie Making would be a cool EP and not to unlikely since they like to recycle popular material (anyone note how half the furniture was in both TS1 and TS2 - just different names) so the equivalent of Superstar is always a possbility.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:45 AM
Actually, The Sims 3 was supposed to release with weather as a feature, however they removed it last minute (But kept the information in the Sim Friend email penpal feature, on the official website, which mentions hail, getting hit in the head by hail, and people ducking undercover in a public bus).
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 7:15 AM
There are alot of left over hints for things that were cut. My sim who is a tinkerer, got a wish to upgrade their fence (like you would upgrade a sink, toilet,tv, etc). Just watch your wishes closely you'll probably run into more that simply aren't possible without the cut material.
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:01 PM
Actually, I think the upgrade fence thing is because it counts as a door and you can set it as a front door, in which case you can upgrade the doorbell, though as it stands in game it's silly and obtuse and I don't think someone would think of doing that in most cases.
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 11:57 PM
The Sims Friend also mentions getting abducted by aliens too. So lets not give up hope just yet.

There is so much mention of Strange Town.... lets hope that this means we are just an exp away!
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 7:03 PM
I sure hope you guys are right about this. Alien abduction is one of the three things I miss in the Sims 3. That, and being able to make your own neighborhood and weather. I hope they bring back the other special creatures in the future too. I miss my plant sims and my servos.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 7:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu2richelo
Actually, The Sims 3 was supposed to release with weather as a feature, however they removed it last minute (But kept the information in the Sim Friend email penpal feature, on the official website, which mentions hail, getting hit in the head by hail, and people ducking undercover in a public bus).

Dang!! Weather, specifically rain, was my very favorite TS2 feature. I wonder if these wonderful mods will ever be able to unlock these deleted feature???
Forum Resident
#14 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 7:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edejan
Dang!! Weather, specifically rain, was my very favorite TS2 feature. I wonder if these wonderful mods will ever be able to unlock these deleted feature???

Things hidden in the code of TS3 are being discovered by some modders who then make mods to open up that code. It's also been added to some new objects that have been coming out. Hopefully there are more hidden things still undiscovered and usable for the players.
#15 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegenjutsu
Things hidden in the code of TS3 are being discovered by some modders who then make mods to open up that code. It's also been added to some new objects that have been coming out. Hopefully there are more hidden things still undiscovered and usable for the players.

It's like the Bella Goth mystery only better.
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 8:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamePoint
I sure hope you guys are right about this. Alien abduction is one of the three things I miss in the Sims 3. That, and being able to make your own neighborhood and weather. I hope they bring back the other special creatures in the future too. I miss my plant sims and my servos.
EA is going to put the neighborhood tool in a expansion pack or realese it in the store so i would load up the store money from the expansion which is included as a coupon for the tool
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 6:19 PM
i think they left it out purposly for an exxpansion pack
same with the drums, piano etc
Theorist
#18 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 6:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cola765
EA is going to put the neighborhood tool in a expansion pack or realese it in the store so i would load up the store money from the expansion which is included as a coupon for the tool

Have you not heard of Create A World?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Theorist
#19 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 6:35 PM
^That post was from August. The poster above you revived this thread.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 2:44 PM
i think the lack of aliens in the sims 3 can be explained by the story bella hasnt yet been abducted and isnt about to be like in the sims 1 when you could get abducted but very little happened and not alot was known and then in sims 2 after her abduction we actually meet aliens so i think in the sims 3 aliens wont be back but i hope you guys are right i really miss aliens
Forum Resident
#21 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 4:24 PM
yeah freakin aliens be back pretty please.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 4:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya_Alexa
yeah freakin aliens be back pretty please.

Seriously. Our Sims will have much more fulfilled lives when they once again have to deal with the threat of anal probes and extraterrestrial pollination.

My Sims continue to watch the skies.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Forum Resident
#23 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 4:51 PM
yeah, and my sims will continue to sprawl the night looking for vampires and werewolves. XD
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 6:53 PM
I have to agree. And I could see a huge expansion like this.. Like maybe randomly, or have certain things get you abducted. Then its sort of like World Adventures where you have to go through traps or other things in a quest to get back. Though that alone wouldn't be enough for an expansion, I still could totally see it :D
Banned
#25 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegenjutsu
To me, that means the alien abductions where men get impregnated. That would be considered a disease, I guess.

Actually, a pregnancy is more of a problem with a parasite...
Page 1 of 2

Section jump