Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:59 PM
SavedSims folder?
The sims I create in CAS are considered custom content, correct?
How come they don't save to the SavedSims folder? (I don't even have one;
inb4, YES I checked in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:58 PM
I don't know for sure because I've never tried it, but is there a 'share' button somewhere in CaS or when your finished sim is in the Library, the save bin in CaS; if there is, then this should be the function which generates a file for you.
Theorist
#3 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:01 PM
They only go in there if you clicked the 3 dots on the Sim's icon in CAS (at the bottom of the screen) and selected "Save Sim to bin". If you don't do that, they don't go in the Sim bin, they only go into the Family bin. To get a Sim from the Family bin into the Sim bin, you need to go play them and do a Change Appearance to get into CAS, then you can click the 3 dots and "Save Sim to bin".

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:21 AM
Huh? Whaaa? I'm lost.

Sorry a noob here, where is this CAS at? And the celebrity sims i downloaded do not show up in the sim bin in the game.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:30 AM
CAS can be found in "Edit Town". When you're playing the game, click the three dots in the bottom left and then click on "Edit Town". The sims you downloaded are in CAS. When you get there, click on the button which has a bunch of heads on it. That's where you'll find them.
Inventor
#6 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:38 AM
You won't have a saved sim folder until you do what gnatgosplat said.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HelloClarice
CAS can be found in "Edit Town". When you're playing the game, click the three dots in the bottom left and then click on "Edit Town". The sims you downloaded are in CAS. When you get there, click on the button which has a bunch of heads on it. That's where you'll find them.

Thanks! I finally found them! lol.
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 2:05 PM
So I have updated my sims3 game so it is now 1.14.... ect.
I didn't have a SavedSims folder, so I created one, like people have said...
I still can't find my sims, anwhere on the game (CAS, Edit Town/CAS)
plus I can't find the Save sim to bin thingy on CAS.

please help!!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 2:15 PM
You need to ask this over in the help forum (top of the screen: Help - The Sims 3) rather than bump a reaallly old thread in Discussion. Other people have had this problem so there are probably already some posts in the help forum that will be worth a read.
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: referred to Game Help