Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Writing, Painting, Gardening, Tinkering More Fun

by joshiejack Posted 1st Jul 2009 at 1:39 AM - Updated 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:04 PM by joshiejack : Updated Gardening Fun to include Harvesting

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:45 AM
Yay! :D
Thanks for thinking this up and applying it to a variety of hobbies~
Nicely done!
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:00 AM
Ah great I have a pact not to install mods that make the game easier, but this one just makes sense. I'm getting it. (Looks around to see if the Nerf Police are watching >< )
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:01 AM
Yes! My one Sim gardened a lot, and it just seems like it should be something they enjoy. Same with tinkering around with things. Great idea!

Sim and let Sim...
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:10 AM
With great happyness and joy, I thank you
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:10 AM
Thank you. <3

My writer and tinkerer should be having fun while they write/tinker...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:14 AM
I thought it was weird how quickly their fun meter went down while writing and gardening - I love doing both those things! Thanks for making this mod
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:18 AM
If anyone wants any more extreme or less extreme version of anything just let me know
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:29 AM
Thank you for this. Nice to see a mod that's not a borderline cheat.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:41 AM
Neat mod, although I gotta tell you, as much as writing is awesome, as a writer, it does get pretty fun draining after awhile. It's the whole flow of ideas things and such. It's great but after awhile you get tired, a headache, or some other thing where you need to step away and unwind... but that's real life and not the sims! Fictional me can write forever now! Muwhahaha...

I wish I had as many books written as he did...
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:30 AM
Well.. Hacking should be EXTREMELY fun....
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:30 AM
Thanks a ton!
Any conflicts?!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:38 AM
Not that I know of? I use quite a fair few mods and it doesn't conflict with the ones I have. If you find a mod that conflicts let me know.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:07 AM
Finally my writer sim can actually enjoy her work. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:38 AM
Oh, cool! It was driving me crazy that my sims whose supposed favorite things to do were writing/gardening/etc would start doing them and then their fun meters would tank. And I'd be griping at the screen "Wait!! You SAID this is what you want. Why are you unhappy doing it?!?!"
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:39 AM
good mod! i will install it to my game!
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:52 AM
I'm a writer too and yes, it can be a pain sometimes but it isn't as bad as my Sim is making it out to be. (Still, she has written more books than I have Her: 4 Me:0 )

^.^ Thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:27 AM
THANK YOU. I'm a writer, and I have tons of fun writing, even when it's hard, or gets tiresome. This'll be a nice bit of realism. :D

"May a thousand nests of sand fleas declare a new homeland in your underwear."--Captain Zakari
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:39 AM
Thank You so very much, I hated having my Sim spend all day Saturday writing and then having to stop in the middle of the day for them to increase there fun meter, they would get stressed so easily over writing. Though I dont really favor these "short-cut" mods this one seems more realistic. Thank You.
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:43 AM
Thanks for these. You are right, these activity's should be more fun for our Sims.

Cheers
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:03 AM
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed, one of the most irritating things had been been the fact that anytime my sims write their fun takes a nose dive, even when they were writing skills were maxed. This is awesome!
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joshiejack
If anyone wants any more extreme or less extreme version of anything just let me know

I really like this hack, but is it possible to have as much fun for gardening and tinkering as base game painting, just like you did with the writing skill? That would feel less like cheating
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:09 AM
Of course these things are fun! I have a Sim with nothing BUT writing wants at the moment, so why should he NOT find it fun to fulfill those wants? I never understood that...

So thank you!
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:42 AM
Thank you so much! Any chance of a version where writing (or all of them) have the boost of the new painting fun level? I'd love to see my writer write spontaneously.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:54 AM
I've got an odd one for you. How about fun while cleaning? My fiance is a neat freak and loves to clean even when she doesn't have to. She says it's fun and it calms her.
Page 1 of 4