Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Various Babysitter Mods *update*

by dillowpillow Posted 1st Jul 2009 at 12:10 PM - Updated 6th Jul 2009 at 9:43 PM by dillowpillow : added optional feature

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:09 PM
grat mod , i will use your mod on my game!

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:48 PM
they will stay 24/7? That is awesome, finally a live in nanny. Just one question though, if you have the recurring package, when does the babysitter get paid, everyday or only when you finally cancel the service?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
they will stay 24/7? That is awesome, finally a live in nanny.

Well, there will be a babysitter at your house 24/7, not necessarily the same one.

Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
Just one question though, if you have the recurring package, when does the babysitter get paid, everyday or only when you finally cancel the service?

The babysitter gets paid everyday.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:50 PM
Great! Just wondering, can we know in advance if this is AwesomeMod-compatible?
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:10 PM
ooo fantastic when i saw the baby sitter wasnt on a schedual like the sims 2 i was like no way. o.o

great mod...thanks for this FIX!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakefakefakest
Great! Just wondering, can we know in advance if this is AwesomeMod-compatible?

Yes, I have AwesomeMod and it works fine.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:23 PM
Much needed mod. I will use this. However, is there any way to change and fix who the babysitter is so that the same one comes every time? My current babysitter is some teenage kid who I think is a slacker and a slob. My babies are always in the red until just before I get home. I can never find him in the house and my babies are always on the floor and not in there cribs. Sometimes an elderly lady comes and she's much better at taking care of the kids.

Gawd, I'm loving S3!!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:37 PM
Wow, you get an elderly babysitter? I sort of wish a mature one would be available, cause that slob, farting, belching boy gets on my nerve. He will not take the kid out of the high-chair til the energy and bladder needs are in the red, then to put them to the crib.

Anyway, I do need this mod, if only for the recurring babysitter schedule. Thanks for sharing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by divalbw
Much needed mod. I will use this. However, is there any way to change and fix who the babysitter is so that the same one comes every time? My current babysitter is some teenage kid who I think is a slacker and a slob. My babies are always in the red until just before I get home. I can never find him in the house and my babies are always on the floor and not in there cribs. Sometimes an elderly lady comes and she's much better at taking care of the kids.

I can't find a way to do this, but I can make a version that forces all babysitters to be adults and older, and maybe one that forces babysitters to spawn with traits like Family Oriented and Neat. I'm not sure that the last one would work though. It would take a bit of testing.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dillowpillow
I can't find a way to do this, but I can make a version that forces all babysitters to be adults and older, and maybe one that forces babysitters to spawn with traits like Family Oriented and Neat. I'm not sure that the last one would work though. It would take a bit of testing.

(Bold in quote is mine)
That would be fabulous if possible, but thanks so much for this Mod, much appreciated!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:43 PM
This is genius. FINALLY. Im so sick of having to keep interrupting and reorganizing my queues to get a baby sitter to come over. Triplets is a PAIN
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 10:37 PM
Ww thanks, it's like the intrusively rich can have a live-in sitter!!! Can you make it like the maid can basically live there 24-7, cause my maid doesn't even come everyday!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 1:17 AM
Awesome! Thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:06 AM
Thank you so much for this mod it couldn't have come at a better time.My sim couple just had 3 baby girls.So once again THANK YOU!!!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dillowpillow

Oh that would be a sweet mod!!

Gawd, I'm loving S3!!
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:10 PM
thank you! recurring sitter=my favorite
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:36 PM
Thx so much was tired of having to call the sitter every time the sims left for work!
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:16 PM
Thanks! This is so helpful ;D
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:38 PM Last edited by njsimmer : 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:40 PM. Reason: grammer
Hey love the mod but I think I found a glitch. The mode works great and I like the fact that I keep getting different babysitters but when it comes time that you don't need them anymore, you can't get rid of them. They keep showing up, day and night. I tried firing them. The one you fire leaves (not too happy I might add)but then another shows up and if you fire him/her, another shows up. Reminds me of The Sorserer"s Apprentice...with the brooms that keep multiplying LOL Just thought I'd let you know.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:18 PM
I've never trusted babysitters in the sim Universe, in Sims 1 i had three counts of arson and in Sims 2 one babysitter put my baby on the kitchenfloor and then peed herself, if a babysitter did that in real life, i'd press charges, cause the baby laid in the puddle of pee, big no-no.

I'll try this mod though, thanks!
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:26 PM
I can back up njsimmer's report of hot and cold running babysitters. i had the sim who was a parent move out and the rotation kept going even after the left over sim called to cancel said nanny

[COLOR=Red]ファック ブッシュ![/COLOR]
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 10:11 AM
Thankyou, this will help so much in my 6 child household!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:29 PM Last edited by dillowpillow : 6th Jul 2009 at 4:03 PM. Reason: testing done
Quote: Originally posted by njsimmer
Hey love the mod but I think I found a glitch. The mode works great and I like the fact that I keep getting different babysitters but when it comes time that you don't need them anymore, you can't get rid of them. They keep showing up, day and night. I tried firing them. The one you fire leaves (not too happy I might add)but then another shows up and if you fire him/her, another shows up. Reminds me of The Sorserer"s Apprentice...with the brooms that keep multiplying LOL Just thought I'd let you know.

Hmm. Thanks for the bug report. I'm not at my own computer right now, but I will be sure to test this when I get home. I have an idea about how to fix it though.

EDIT: You need to cancel the service from the phone services menu.

Quote: Originally posted by divalbw
Oh that would be a sweet mod!!

I'm afraid it isn't possible atm. I tried to make it work, but the way traits are determined for babysitters is either built into the core scripts of the game, or in an XML resource I haven't found yet. They seem to spawn with Family Oriented already though.
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:56 PM
Help, Ive got the recurrent babysitter and they never stop coming! My child is a teen now and dont need them anymore...
Page 1 of 3