Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Longer Interaction Queue

by AyaJulia Posted 1st Jul 2009 at 12:11 PM

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:16 PM
YES! THANK YOU!

This was annoying me so much, so glad it was fixable!
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:29 PM
Great work! Cheers
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:35 PM
Could anyone find a problem with the extended queue?

Sold my Soul for Rock 'n' Roll
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:14 PM
Def. needed!!! Why sim is partnered to everything (even the downloadables) so collecting them all was a PAIN!
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:20 PM
I found it quite annoying in the sims 2,good job.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:51 PM
Wow! This is so great! I like to collect AND have my sim score cardio miles in the process, so this is fantastic! Thank you!
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#8 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:23 PM
Brilliant!
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:04 PM Last edited by skyty : 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:18 PM.
Oh thank you a lot. It's exactly what I want ! A perfect mod for collecting rocks on the map.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:13 PM
I was hoping someone would do this thanks!
Theorist
#11 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:17 PM
Quote:
or risk a weird crash out of nowhere when you hit your 16th interaction or some such.

I am curious. Have you ever had a "weird crash" when using the 16th slot? Definitely, eight slots are not nearly enough.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:28 PM
Yes, most annoying to have to wait for tasks to drop off before adding another. Even increasing to ten interactions s a big help. Thanks for sharing.

Gawd, I'm loving S3!!
Instructor
#13 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:15 PM
Thank you so much for this. ^_^
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:36 PM
can't get this to work. tried the 20 and the 15, no luck so far. is it possible that it's conflicting with another mod? I don't have any that change the queue.

Excellent Underwear Model
to boot
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 10:17 PM
@johnbond013: Don't know what to tell you. I've never had a mod fail to work and can't troubleshoot it for you, and without having a copy of all of your mods to look at for myself, I can't tell you if one of your mod authors went idiot and included something he wasn't actually changing in his mod. Try the help forums.

@Misty_2004: 16 was a number I plucked from the ether that was between 11 and 20. The point of that statement was just that 10 is guaranteed to work, while 15 and 20 are "out of bounds" and aren't 100% guaranteed. I, personally, haven't crashed my game with this mod.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:03 PM
Nice job, but I've been using another "more commands" mod for several days now, from Okeanos at Custom Sims 3 here . It's set at 16 commands & I've not had ANY crashes or weirdness using it.

Yours is a great option because you have several different flavors and they can be downloaded from here & not have to go through rapidshare. :D

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:13 PM
@Mimi52861: Congratulations? We both modded the same value of the same file, so if that one's fine, mine will be as well.
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 2:33 AM
Figured out shortly afterward that none of my mods were working. I deleted something from the Install Helper Monkey that I obviously shouldn't have...

Excellent Underwear Model
to boot
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 3:22 AM
Thank you so much! The 8 limit on the queue has always annoyed the heck out of me. Thumbs up!!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 3:59 AM
Thank you so much! I've been finding the 8 limit annoying since the I got the game, so glad its fixable!
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:09 PM
Hé hé, thanks, lot of thanks for the mod....
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabriel
Could anyone find a problem with the extended queue?

Nope, I haven't yet. I downloaded the 20 interaction queue, Thanks for this, I also was VERY annoyed by the few slots

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:27 PM
Great mod Thanks. Now if only there was a way to re-prioritize queued items. So if my sim gets hungry or has to pee I don't have to re-queue everything.
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 5:39 PM Last edited by jedifarfy : 3rd Jul 2009 at 5:53 PM.
Thanks so much! Just a heads up, I downloaded the 20 length and my game wouldn't load. I took it out and game started right up. I do not have any other queue downloads. I'll download 15 and see if that has any issues, and retry the 20.

Edit: Test the 15 and the 20 again. The 15 first crashed my game, then would not load. The 20 crashed my game. I organized my downloads and still can't see which hack might be fighting it. I can provide a list if you'd like.

JF
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 6:37 PM
@jedifarfy: That's interesting, and a bit weird in that you're the first person to report an issue with it.

You could provide a list of hacks you have, but realistically (and I'm not being snarky in saying this) it would be a waste of time. This mod changed one teeny little number, so there's really nothing I can do about a conflict. It's probably a full-on script mod that's doing it though (a story progression rewrite or a teen-adult relationship fix, that kind of thing) if you don't have an XML tuning mod that affects the queue. If that's the case, it's way too far above my head to fix.

You could root around in your mod package files yourself if you were brave. It was a pretty simple change. Check this out-- http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=2762.0
Page 1 of 3