Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Adoption isn't Free *update*

by dillowpillow Posted 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:55 PM - Updated 4th Jul 2009 at 9:23 PM by dillowpillow : Added more cost options

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:00 PM
as ive said before: your awsome and thanks alot.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:05 PM
That's awesome! Thanks!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:07 PM
cool mod. i'll be using this. thank you.
Inventor
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:18 PM
Much more realistic. Even adopting an infant from the foster care system with no apparent problems still costs you legal fees.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Delphy : 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:49 PM. Reason: No requests
Nice mod! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:26 PM
now that's more realistic! THANKS :D
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:32 PM
YES. the sims 2 made perfect sense. Would you give a child to a single mother with no job living in a trailer? behind on her bills? NO!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:32 PM
I don't suppose anyone has looked at the price of having a kid in a hospital lately? People want the oddest mods.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:40 PM
selling babies?!
Thanks.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:50 PM
gertruda: This has nothing to do with "selling babies". Unless, of course, you want go accuse every single adoption service the entire world over with selling babies.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:33 PM
Thank you for this mod. Very much realistic, and plus it rids me of an unusual amount of money I tend to always have... ;P
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:56 PM
AyaJulia is on to something... Can you make a mod that charges a sim every time they go to the hospital to have a child? Haha
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 5:57 AM
This looks interesting, but I have one question; is this compatible with awesome mod?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeybee
AyaJulia is on to something... Can you make a mod that charges a sim every time they go to the hospital to have a child? Haha

that would be awesome!! Cause in real life having babies at the hospital isn't free, making it cost money would be awesome. Also I am lovin this adoption costs money thing. It is so true that adopting isn't free. Didn't know I needed this til I saw it! Thankies

P.S. we need more mods to make stuff cost money. It is way too easy to be ridiculously wealthy in this game.
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 2:07 PM
OMG thank you so much Who gives babies away for free?! Dx
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by idontnoWHOiam
This looks interesting, but I have one question; is this compatible with awesome mod?

Yes, it's completely compatable.
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by idontnoWHOiam

Sorry - off topic but i dont know where to post this - I see people asking about the compatability with awesome mod throughout the downloads yet i have no idea what this "awesome mod" IS or even WHERE to find it (i did a search for "awesome" and found nothing ...*sigh* )

Can someone please help?

---

ALSO, for this particular mod (getting back on topic), $1000 seems a bit low, how would I go about changing this number myself?

Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:13 PM
I would love this mod...but anyway you could change it to a bigger amount..in the real world it can cost like 50K to 100k to adopt...and our sims make such huge amounts so fast it bout ruins the game for me...if anyone don't want to work to make that much they can always motherlode a couple times
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
that would be awesome!! Cause in real life having babies at the hospital isn't free, making it cost money would be awesome. Also I am lovin this adoption costs money thing. It is so true that adopting isn't free. Didn't know I needed this til I saw it! Thankies

P.S. we need more mods to make stuff cost money. It is way too easy to be ridiculously wealthy in this game.

Thanks for this cool mod, adoption isn't free in the real world so why should our Sims have it so easy?

However, I had to quote this post, "Having babies at the hospital isn't free". Actually, it is free where I live (in the UK). Please remember, next time you make a sweeping statement like that, that not everybody who plays the Sims lives in the USA.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 4:56 AM
thanx for the update, very realistic!
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 10:41 PM
this is a good mode thanx keep it up
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:40 AM
Great mod but random question? Can that little bassinet basket be found and made into a useable object? Or have we not gotten to the point we can dig out game objects...

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jenesis
Thanks for this cool mod, adoption isn't free in the real world so why should our Sims have it so easy?

However, I had to quote this post, "Having babies at the hospital isn't free". Actually, it is free where I live (in the UK). Please remember, next time you make a sweeping statement like that, that not everybody who plays the Sims lives in the USA.

OMG!!! Are you serious? Are you really that offended by "having babies at the hospital isn't free?" that you felt the need to comment on it? I was merely agreeing with someone further up the posts who commented on charging the sims to have babies at hospitals. And since going to the hospital in the game for medical advice isn't FREE, makes since for having the babies there to cost money too! I am fully aware that not everyone who plays the sims lives in the USA. But seriously if that one little comment on something that would be cool to add to the game offends you....then you are WAY too sensitive.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:01 PM
Woah woah. I'm not offended by it, I was just pointing out that although such a mod (a birth-costs-money mod) would be popular with some downloaders such as yourself, there are also people, such as myself, who wouldn't download it because having to pay for something like that is completely alien to us and therefore we wouldn't want it in our game. I didn't take offense, I just wanted to clarify the point.

Since you are talking about being too sensitive - why have you got a crying smiley at the end of your post...?
Page 1 of 2