Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 6:39 AM
Default Possible Vacation/BV remake? Do it right this time!
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
As I posted elsewhere, IF this ends up being a vacation type EP, it could still add a lot to the gameplay by expanding the functionality of rivers and beaches beyond just fishing. I was frankly surprised that we were given swimmable oceans and the ability to build sand castles and look for shells and treasures in Sims2, only to have that all taken away in Sims3 and replaced with a fishing functionality only. The beauty of the beach and river vistas is a real plus for Sims3 so I do think an EP that capitalizes on that would be a wise choice for a first EP this time around. But dang-it, they'd better give us very selectably customized doors. I took my sims on vacation in BV only a couple of times and even though I did set the doors I still had to work pretty hard to keep people from just wandering in and using every single thing in my hotel room! GRRR!

This was posted in another thread and it got me thinking about how to make a Vacation pack actually work this time around. This is all just speculation at this point, although strangely enough, these things always seem to end up being close to the truth. A French online site has posted about a possible Sims 3 expansion pack.

With a seamless neighbourhood this should work, and yet I can see EA screwing it up one more time. I'd like to see the following things in action.
  • Take advantage of the seamless neighbourhood! Despite a lot of cool ideas, BV became a nightmare of loading screens. I spent half of my vacation waiting for a taxi to go to another lot. Time spent in the hotel should be kept to a bare minimum. Lots should include lounge chairs/hammocks for napping and food stands should be readily available. A tent that can go in the inventory and be plonked down anywhere would be brilliant too. I want to be able to keep my Sims motives in the green no matter which lot I'm on. Slower motive decay might be a good idea too.
  • Include lots of activities that can been seen (no rabbit holes), such as 3-legged races, boat rides, mini-put, rockwall-climbing and other original ways to skill or attain wants that cannot be accessed from the home lot.
  • Bring back weather and all the activities associated with it, especially the winter activities. Ocean swimming is a MUST! Skating on ponds would be awesome too.
  • What happens in Sim Vegas stays in Sim Vegas! No silly dances, chants, wants, or other annoyances following Sims home to be used at the most inappropriate time (unless that is a trait).
  • Make sure that the game has atmosphere. The ambient sound in Sims 3 is one of it's best features. Use that! Make it exotic or foreign enough to feel like it's almost a different game. BV was so utterly and completely generic...don't go there again.
  • Vacation shopping is the bomb! Give my Sims lots of crap to purchase or collect, but make it big/attractive enough to display once they return home. Perhaps some vacation mementos could actually be useful back in the real world. *gasp*
  • Variety, variety, variety!

You never know, third time might be a charm. :p
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 8:23 AM
some collections that can be found only in the vacation neighborhood be nice
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 8:40 AM
Agree with everything said!!

Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
[*]Vacation shopping is the bomb! Give my Sims lots of crap to purchase or collect, but make it big/attractive enough to display once they return home. Perhaps some vacation mementos could actually be useful back in the real world. *gasp*

This may be a problem .... we don't even have a place to keep/display the endless crap that we can collect at home. LOL
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 8:43 AM
Uh... since Sims3 is a seamless neighborhood, where would you go on vacation *to*? A 'resort' in the same neighborhood would seem odd, somehow.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 8:48 AM
Yes I agree with everything said, I am excited about this, the only thing that killed BV for me was the load screens. This EP could also add some missing things like weather, swimming in the sea, and shelves (to put souveniers on).
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 8:49 AM
I don't like that they announced the first addon after hardly one month. -.-
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:04 AM
I don't think it has been announced. Its only mentioned on this one French site, so it is only a rumor at this stage
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:19 AM
Ok, but on GameStar ( http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc/stra...die_sims_3.html ) I read, that it has been announced yesterday.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:36 AM
Whats wrong with an expansion being announced after a month.... we knew they would make expansions anyways.
and i like knowing whats coming... i hate not knowing what to expect!
oh and i dont speak german so i have no idea what the above thread says. lol!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 11:18 AM
It'd be great to have some of the features from Sims 1 Vacation. Such as the game stalls, or what about the pinball machines and videogames that have dissapeared in Sims 3? Being able to send postcards home was always nice too.

And if they have to make this the first EP, weather surely has to be a must, or it'll fail.
Instructor
#11 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 11:29 AM
I'd like to see them swimming in the ocean too. With the shark infested waters, it would make swimming in the ocean even more interesting. There could be signs posted but ignorable, and if a sim got to close to a patch of fish....grim reaper time. lol

They should also bring back 'Nessie'.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#12 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:21 PM
What, Expansion Hell in under 6 months? They're really flogging them out this time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:25 PM
I'd want the sims to be able to swim with dolphins.

And photobooths. Want those back.

Pescado, it's not like Pirate Cat is buying it.
Scholar
#14 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FalseZen
They should also bring back 'Nessie'.

Yes I think so too! And it would be cool to catch Nessie and put the wiley little bugger in a fishbowl..it works with sharks, so why not? :D

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:37 PM
I like your ideas aeval. However I could definitely see the production company messing things up for us just like EA did last time. (In case you were unaware EA wont be producing the EPs for TS3.) anyway, I have to say that BV was definitly a huge mistake when they made it. If this were more like a seamless Vacation that would be better. Also i saw somewhere that someone said that it would be weird having the same neighborhood resort like thing. Well currently we are unaware if they are going to do things like that. They may make it another neighborhood where you click a button or they may make the map bigger and you can drive out of your town and into the vacation town. (i like that idea) We will just have to wait and see. Also i cant beleive that they are making a vacation EP first (if indeed this will be the real thing and not just a rumor)

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dafoe2029
(In case you were unaware EA wont be producing the EPs for TS3.)

Are you sure?

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nightlight
Are you sure?

EA will... Maxis is a part of EA. I think ts3 were made by black box (or something like that) owned by EA. But ofcourse it's EA who makes the expansion packs. They made the base game, and have all the rights for sims.

ingeborgsk
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:04 PM
EA Black Box which is the company that made the base game The Sims 3, shut down. Therefore no one knows who will be making the Expansions just yet. It is rumored that the company that made the Burnout series will be making it but no one is sure yet.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Instructor
#19 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_(series)

Quote:
[edit] Future of the Series
On December 19 2008, EA announced they would be closing EA Black Box's Vancouver studio and moving the studio to its nearby Burnaby studio as part of a worldwide consolidation plan. Officials stressed that Black Box would remain open, and said they expected the move to be completed in June 2009,[6][7] after the release of Black Box's last game, The Sims 3.

It is unknown who will develop the future expansion packs. Rumors say it will be Criterion Games, which developed Burnout series.

Yep, wonder whos gonna buy it? Hope they have better ideas on the expansions!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dafoe2029
EA Black Box which is the company that made the base game The Sims 3, shut down.

Why did they shut down? Seems kinda...weird? Make the base game and then shutdown...strange.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:46 PM
Come on... Vacation again???
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:53 PM
I think with a holiday EP we might just be getting loading screens back.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 7:46 PM
what i could put up with is a loading screen to a seamless vacation neighbourhood
which can only be accessed in game.
I have no problem with loading screens to subhoods as lon as they are seamless when there
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:30 PM Last edited by aeval99 : 4th Jul 2009 at 9:44 PM. Reason: can't spell, can't type, can't remember shit
Quote: Originally posted by maven2379
This may be a problem .... we don't even have a place to keep/display the endless crap that we can collect at home. LOL

Isn't that stuff annoying?! I was thinking of items that are large enough to be useful. Edit: maven2379 are the Sims in your icon protesting? What's that all about?

I'd like to see an international market of sorts, where Sims could buy fabric (patterns/textures) from an Indian dealer, or a Sari or some beautiful tea canisters for the kitchen counter. A Greek sculptor could be selling full size statues of the Ancient Gods for garden decoration and perhaps some olive seeds and an olive press. An Italian dealer could sell expresso machines. A French book dealer could have a stall selling some new recipes (you need to use that new found olive oil. A Chinese dealer could be selling beautiful vases and so on, and so on. I'd love to see an art dealer too, selling replicas of famous paintings or local artists' work.

Souvenirs don't have to be useless junk. It would also be nice if Sims could take pictures of local scenery/sites to display or paint after they return home.

Not only would this give you a real reason to go on vacation, but it would also not clog the main game catalogue with a whole pile of things that people may not have any interest in, like diving tanks, chicken suits and gladiator outfits, for example.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 11:27 PM
Here’s an idea that I think would incorporate Bon Voyage+ Seasons+ Makin’ Magic.

There’d be 4 destinations to go to: Three Lakes (Forest/Mountains), Takemizu City (Far East), Twikkii Island (Beach/Jungle), Vielle Ville (Village). Each destination would have locals who resides there. At each vacation spot, there’d be a mystery you’d could solve using the Opportunity system. Of course, you could ignore the mysteries altogether and have a normal vacation. Each mystery would require you to collect an item or talk to one of the locals or attend an event going on. At the end of each mystery, a supernatural or character awaits.

Three Lakes: Aliens
Takemizu Village: Ninjas & Geishas
Twikkii Island: Sea Creatures & Plantsims
Vielle Ville: Witches & Vampires

After you become friends with the special character, you could have the options to ‘Produce Offspring’ with the alien (males could get pregnant too!), ‘Learn Sacred Teachings’ with the ninjas & geishas, ‘Become Creature of the Seas’ with the sea creatures or ‘Be One With Nature’ with the plantsims, and ‘Become Witch/Vampire’ in Vielle Ville. Then, each creature could have special interactions once you learn or become one.

If you become Disliked by the supernatural creature, they each have a different response:
Aliens impregnant you without your consent. Ninjas shorten your life span. Geishas get your whole household banned from Takemizu Village for one sim week. Sea creatures turns one of your traits into Hydrophobic. Plantsims give you a disease that gives you a ‘Tropical Fever’ moodlet that drains your energy and hygiene for 4 sim days. Witches hex you with a ‘Cursed’ moodlet that lasts for 4 sim days where you can’t get promoted, all romantic advances fail no matter your traits, and skills take a lot longer to gain. Vampires turn you into one without your consent. So you don’t want to mess with these people. LOL

New activities that could be considered:
-New ingredients & dishes
-Swimmable oceans!
-Weather! (Know this probably won’t happen now, but it’s nice to dream)
-Sand castles, sunbathing, fishing for shells making comebacks
-Trendy tourist outfits & outfits fit for each getaway
-Online shopping
-Giving up your children for adoption
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: See new sticky.
Page 1 of 2