Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 12413 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:16 AM
Is there a Mod Conflict detector for the Sims3?
Hi all, I'm new to the forums! I read on a Sims3 site page that there is a Sims3 conflict detector for game mods. Has anyone found this yet? I have come across a conflict with a mod making my game's neighborhoods not load at all, and I need this program!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:23 AM
The Bethesda games (oblivion and fallout) have really nice Mod Manager programs that have conflict detectors built in. The Sims 3 doesn't have one but where I better with programming I would certainly be starting to make on.

tl;dr no
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:06 AM
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:19 AM
Thanks, HelloClarice! That'll be really useful. I'm new to the forum too, Lizzie! Hi!
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 7:55 PM
Is there an up-to-date MOD checker program floating around out there? My game crashes when I try to create a new neighborhood, and i miss playing. I want to see if it's a MOD conflict.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: administrator
#6 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 7:58 PM
katrealynne - Delphy's Dashboard can be found under his profile here at MTS. It can detect conflicts between mods, but no program can detect conflicts between mods and your specific EP - easiest would be to run through this first: Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki to rule out/in mods, and if it is mods, try the Dashboard.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
YOUR BUTTHURT SUSTAINS ME.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 9:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
katrealynne - Delphy's Dashboard can be found under his profile here at MTS. It can detect conflicts between mods, but no program can detect conflicts between mods and your specific EP - easiest would be to run through this first: Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki to rule out/in mods, and if it is mods, try the Dashboard.

While I use Dashboard and it is helpful for my package files, I don't notice that it detects hack/mod conflicts. I found a duplicate hack in my folder (slightly different names) and it never showed up on DASHBOARD. Since I've several mods, I would also be interested in a utility (like we had in S2) that would highlight conflicts.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: administrator
#8 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 11:28 AM
The way the Dashboard checks for conflicts between mods is (AFAIK) a TGI based check - that is, if two mods share the same type, group, and instance (as, for example, two mods that both modify the same XML will do), then they should be marked as a conflict. But I don't think we're ever going to see a utility that can check for conflicts between mods and your game - there's just too many ways things can conflict, and no utility is going to be able to check for those reliably.
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 2:57 PM
Hi, is it possible to resolve conflicts by merging them with S3PE ? Or is there another way to solve conflicts in the way its done in... say the Bethesda games ( FoEdit / Wyrebash ) ?
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 3:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1nt
Hi, is it possible to resolve conflicts by merging them with S3PE ? Or is there another way to solve conflicts in the way its done in... say the Bethesda games ( FoEdit / Wyrebash ) ?
Yes, some conflicts can be solved by merging 2 mods with S3PE, but it's not for beginners. The other possiblity is to use an override folder, but the result may be hazardous and not work at all.
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 3:47 PM
thanks, I'll look into it and see if it works =) Its good to know that it is possible at all =)

Section jump