Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:17 AM Last edited by happyasabunny : 20th Aug 2009 at 7:07 PM.
Default Picture Perfect 2- Winners Announced

Are you more than just a pretty face? Do you love to model and have fun? If so, this contest is for you! This contests was made after Emma SC's contest Picture Perfect. That contest was the first one I ever entered and I loved the way it was set up so I decided to make a second cycle.

Rules:
  • Any Species
  • Adult
  • Two entries per person if you choose to do so
  • Have fun
  • No eliminations
  • The scores will be totaled at the end
  • You must have an editing program to edit some pictures.
  • Frankenstining is allowed
  • Simpose is allowed
  • Sims 3 isn't allowed because I'm using custom content that is only available in the sims 2. I'm really sorry unless anyone has any ideas it must stay this way.

Rounds:
There will be four rounds plus an application.
Round 1: Angel of Darkness or Light?
Round 2: Flower, for you?
Round 3:A spring time fairy?
Round 4: Japanese?

You will need:
A headshot
A Freeshot
A bodyshot wearing "Ice Lagoon" set of three formal dresses
Also you must write as if you are a model at a photoshoot and what you are experiencing. 3-4 sentences is sufficient. Please explain about yourself and why you think you are picture perfect.

Please use a white or off-white background

Get this outfit here

Judges:
1.easypeaze
2.JazzRaquel
3.Dreamydre15

EJ:
1.Deatherella
2.Cabrini6000
3.happyasabunny

Contestants:
1.Little Miss Bubbles - Jessica Watson APP Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 and 4
2.MadLib_2009 - Freya Deardry APP Round 1
3.moldova - Rosalie Montebello APP Round 1 Round 2
4.clw8 - Christina Richie APP Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 and 4
5.DollyRot - Hélene Rowley APP Round 1 Round 2
6.MissiFishi - Emily Dawson APP
7.minus. - Margareth Skye APP Round 1 Round 2
8.Freelala - Raya ZakeemAPP Round 1 Round 2
9.singing_Noel - Coeur Guillory APP
10.MissMichelle_JoanofSpark - Svanna Keogh APP Round 1
11.Mitzymoo589 - Stephanie Truscott APP Round 1 Round 2

Dropouts:
1. singing_Noel
2.MissMichelle_JoanofSpark
3.MissiFishi
4.Madlib_2009

Some useful tutorials:
Simaholic's Pose/Photo Editing Tutorial

Hair Tutorial With a Mouse

Shading and smoothing edges
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:17 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 7.13.09
Ends 8.13.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:36 PM
Hi, lets get those applications rolling in! ^_^
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:54 PM
I have a quick question, cuz I've never been fully sure of the answer. So is 'sim pose' the in-game poses or is it the custom pose boxes?

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 6:07 PM
I'm probably being really stupid but i have a few questions. Firstly you said we need to have a photo editing program and i was wondering if photobucket would do? Also with the Ice Lagoon dresses do we need one of each dress or do we just choose 1 and finally do we need any writing with our application? What?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 6:27 PM
clw8 -Sim pose is a program that makes custom poses. It is very difficult and I feel as though it is unfair to use.

3hannah3- Your not stupid everyone has questions. Ok so photobucket is a place where post pictures. Um...for this mspaint will work, although it would be difficult. You can use free programs such as paint.net or gimp. Or there is photoshop which you must pay for.

Also you must write as if you are a model at a photoshoot and what you are experiencing. 3-4 sentences is ok. I will as this to the first post.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 6:32 PM
Its just you can edit things on photobucket but i'm not sure on the sort of thing you have to do in this contest so i don't know if i have the right stuff to do it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 6:54 PM
Well, you have to take your sim out of one picture and put her in another. This won't be until round 2 so you have a little while.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:31 PM
hmm... i'll see what i can do! Gotta find something to do it on first.
Scholar
#10 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:59 PM
Is the dress in the picture the one you want us to have our models wearing? Or just one of the three from the Ice Lagoon set? It wasn't clarified.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 12:12 AM
I can judge :D

:P
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 12:27 AM
I'll judge.Just tell me what to do! :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 12:54 AM
Deatherella, yes that is the dress. Ok thanks Whatwedobest and JazzRaquel.
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:49 AM
Default Little Miss Bubbles--Application

Hi, I'm Jessica Watson and I am a new and up coming model. I am picture perfect because I am not what you could consider pretty under any other circumstances.

I love getting dressed up to take pictures. I felt so glamorous in this dress. The white background really shows off this dress and the dress makes my face look really pretty.

I really like the old Hollywood style so, taking a picture with it in the background made me feel at home. I am such a girly girl and this picture really shows that. I love the crystals they are my favorite item out of everything at this photoshoot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:51 AM
Wow! Great app Little Miss Bubbles. I will add you to the list.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:41 AM Last edited by Dreamydre15 : 15th Jul 2009 at 4:59 AM.
I'll be a judge.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:59 PM
Dreamydre15- Ok, I will add you to the list.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 7:15 PM
I am glad you are doing a second cycle Happyasabunny! I will most certainly participate. I plan to have my app by tomorrow. I was disappointed to hear no simpose. I cannot frank at all and it is frustrating since I had ideas planned for using simpose.

"This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."

::::Participating Currently In Picture Perfect: Cycle 2::::
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 10:11 PM
I'm sorry moldova. I have an idea though, if more people than just you want to use simpose I will make it acceptable.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 1:22 AM
Okie dokie Thanks for understanding. Even if I am the only one, I am glad you offered!

"This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 1:48 AM
*raises hand* I'm down with SimPose!! It's really not THAT hard to learn, if you use your head, and it's so much better than seeing all those recycled pose box pictures...

<--- is planning to enter regardless, so I'm not just some lurker commenting on something I have no stake in.

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 1:53 AM
Default Application

Hello. My name is Freya Deardry. I'm a young woman who has just gotten into modeling as result of a new burst of confidence. I believe I'm picture perfect because I'm beautiful and for the first time in my life, I actually believe it.

I just loved this dress. The sparkles made me feel glamorous and I love the blue color.

Before I got into modeling, I was a painter and I still do it today. My main goal is to spread to message to women and men that they are beautiful and they should embrace it.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 3:12 AM Last edited by moldova : 20th Jul 2009 at 4:24 PM. Reason: Changed some words around ;)
Rosalie Montebello|Application
Thank you Freelala! My game runs sooo slow, I find Simpose to be a much better option on certain photos!
Anywho, onto my application. I had time tonight to do it.

Hello! My name is Rosalie Montebello. I've always dreamed of becoming a successful model since I was a young girl and I hope this is the perfect opportunity to make my dream come true. Growing up with seven other siblings, it was hard to pursue my dreams until I had finished college majoring in English Literature and having a minor in fashion design. While I may not be the most skilled model, I am a quick learner and I know I can achieve anything I set my mind to.

I believe I am picture perfect because I am original and determined and I have wanted to be a good role model--on the runway and off.

I felt so confident in this dress. The pretty sequins and the way it hugs my curves is enough to make any girl feel like a million simoleans!

I grew up living by the beach, so I have always had a love for the beach and swimming. Every chance I get, I go off to the beach and enjoy the rhythmic tides and beautiful view.

Scholar
#24 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 2:51 PM Last edited by clw8 : 20th Jul 2009 at 6:35 PM.
Default clw8: application
Application
clw8
----
----

My name is Chirstina Richie and I am a 25 year old single mother. I have modeled on and off since I was a child, (it all started with beauty pageants), but once I had Toni things changed. I believe that I am picture perfect because even though I may have more responsibility in my life now, I still know how to commit myself and show responsible and note worthy behaviour on camera.

I was under the impression I was to take all photos on a white background (sorry!), however if I would hadn't used white, then I would have shown myself in a magnificent library, reading. I adore getting caught up in a juicy romance novel or reading the latest kids picture book to my 4 year old son.

This dress was quite the stunning piece. It was a little more fancy than I am used to, but I still had fun wearing it. It made me feel young and elegant instead of "just a mother who thinks she still has what it takes".
----
----
clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 3:04 PM
Happyasabunny I will be an EJ if you need one =D.

Page 1 of 11