Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
It's not a matter of being "taught". Genetically we are predisposed to liking people who aren't fat. A fat person requires more food to be happy(and therefore more work), isn't as athletic, stuff like that. Therefore, they are naturally less attractive.

Actually... not...
In almost all cultures that are (or where) closer to nature, fat=wealth and that lead to loads of respect. People where always looking or someone who had enough food to get fat on the assumption that they had enough food to feed a bunch of children.
I agree that it doesn't make sense for hunter to be too fat, but he should have some kind of resources to get through a time without food.
big breasts and childbearing hips where always a plus - and if the girl had enough body fat to feed her babies (in her womb or with her milk) even in a time of starvation, that was exactly what a guy was looking for in a potential partner. Just look at old picture or statues, Venus von Willendorf, for example.

So, if anything, humans are genetically predisposed to find fat people attractive...

Athleticity, btw, has nothing to do with weight, there are a ton of people who are fat but fit and plenty of skinny people who can't run a mile to save their live...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
Actually, our ancestors favoured bigger women, for a number of reasons, the two big ones were that bigger women were more likely to survive childbirth, and also bigger women could go longer without food (which was important, as its not every day you kill a mammoth ya know)

The reason our "fat genes" get out of control now (disregarding medical reasons) is because we have food on demand, we don't have to work for it any more. (or at least, we don't have to go out and catch it)

Sorry, I didn't read your answer before I posted...
Test Subject
#203 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:23 AM
This Challenge looks like a lot of fun - here is my unfortunate sim!

Adelaide Uglai (yes, it IS a woman...) is an evil, insane, kleptomaniac with commitment isssues who hates children. also, she lives on a burial site - I've never seen that in game, there are three tombs right next to her house.
Going to be a challnge :-)
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Twilightsimgirl123
Fat people are no less attractive. It's not true that we require more food, or don't want to exercise. Some of us have a medical condition that makes us this way. I, for one, happen to be a big person and yes I do like food, but i don't want to be the way I am, I just happen to be because I have Hypothyroidism which makes me gain weight, and it makes me tired so that I don't feel like exercising, BUT JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE NOT MODEL FREAKIN THIN DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE UGLY! Even big people can be beautiful.

The truth is there is no such thing as a universally more attractive weight. One person might like one figure, one person might like another. It's like hair color. It would sound silly if someone said, "Most humans naturally find red hair unattractive." It's the same for weight.

The thing that makes most of these sims ugly is not because they are fat or thin...it's because they are fat or thin to the EXTREME.

Weeaboo - You know what they say...everybody loves lobster. :p
Alchemist
#205 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 11:38 AM
Hahahahaha, these guys are hilarious! The thing is, i like making nice sims, not ugly ones. But you guys have a big imagination!

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#206 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Veelana
So, if anything, humans are genetically predisposed to find fat people attractive...
Heh, no, it's not that simple: otherwise, why do we find fat people so UN-attractive now?

The real answer: People are genetically predisposed to find rich and powerful people attractive. Whatever makes you look more like you are rich and powerful makes you sexy. This is the unified theory of why fat people USED to be more attractive and now AREN'T: Being fat is no longer a sign that you are rich and powerful, or even industrious and motivated (and thus predisposed to BECOMING rich and powerful). Being fat is now simply a sign of sloth and poor willpower, which is never sexy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#207 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 6:24 PM
Oh man, I need to do this right now.
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
It's not a matter of being "taught". Genetically we are predisposed to liking people who aren't fat. A fat person requires more food to be happy(and therefore more work), isn't as athletic, stuff like that. Therefore, they are naturally less attractive.

That is incredibly not true. In Shakesperean times, fat, pale people were considered beautiful because they had the money to just sit around and eat inside all day. Thin, muscular, tanned people (basically the definition of "hot" now) were ugly and poor.

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Test Subject
#209 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 1:34 PM
On the what makes people unattractive fat/thin debate, my man is what some people would call "fat" but he has a lovely face While I'm a rake and wished I had some meat on my bones until after having my daughter and putting some weight on and feeling and looking much better. Think everyones ideas of attractive is different tbh.

I am so trying this challenge though! It'll be quite a challenge for me 'cause I only ever make pretty sims. Won't be using any mods though, they make my laptop crack up and I've only just fixed it! I think I might make a plain jane fug rather than a wacky fug. As soon as I can get on my game I'm soooo gonna do it!
Test Subject
#210 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 5:22 PM
I will be doin this too! I hate how my game is starting to load so slow. but i will be creating and posting soo!! i never done a challege before. yay.
Test Subject
#211 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 1:23 AM Last edited by EchoOfTheStars : 16th Oct 2010 at 3:42 AM.
Okay, I Started it up. My lady is named Kelly Pickerly.

This is her,

She has always been well, Ugly all her life. but she tries to substitute her face with stylish clothes. but her curse was sort of reversed with a flawless body. only thing is every boy she ever dated would rather not kiss but wouldn't mind a hug or two. She hopes to find a good man.
I brought her to the park, and went 'mr.right' searching. a few guys who ended up married,

Then a pretty handsome lookin Magician...

They hit it off. usually I have trouble getting sims to really get along. but this time, it was easy. they called each other throughout the day,

And they would go over to each others homes,

They really liked each other,

and then you know what...

and shes pregnant! lol. whoops. don't got any preg pictures of her just yet. This is a very interesting challenge.

[Edit]
They had a baby, now a toddler,I can see alot of her moms ugliness in her, too much ugly, this seeems to be getting interesting.
Test Subject
#212 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 3:37 AM Last edited by Gamemasterking : 16th Oct 2010 at 4:21 AM.
Id figure I go ahead at this. Heres my couple and their son.

This is Betty Ugly

She was the unfortunate victim of a genetic experiment that spliced her together with a tomato.

Harold Ugly

Hes just an ugly mutant.

And their son Barry Ugly who didnt turn out actually that ugly.

Mabey hell turn out uglier when he gets older. Ill post his pictures then.
Test Subject
#213 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 1:51 PM
My first challenge, be proud! I'll post pictures soon.
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 7:59 PM Last edited by cherry85 : 30th Dec 2010 at 3:38 AM.
Default My go at it
The Flint Family

Devilira Flint

Was disappointed with him lol

Children of Jevvers and Jamie Jolina (changed their last name to Flint after this was taken)

Test Subject
#215 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cloudsdriftby
Meet Barry Barry:

Now to go maketh babies.

Nice one, cloudsdriftby!
Also, Barry Barry has some foxy hosiery
Good job everyone! I'm impressed with the ugliness created.
Test Subject
#216 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 1:37 AM Last edited by Jaonee : 9th Jan 2011 at 1:55 AM.
Oh my, this challenge reminded me of the times I made a huge ugly family with my friend in TS2! :D

Here's my try:
Meet Timothy Sock!

His traits are flirty, daredevil, clumsy, stupid and virtuoso.
From birth, Timothy has always wanted to be a rockstar(and get lot's of hot chicks), even after the chemical incident that happened when his scientist single dad took him to his workplace when he was a toddler.
After a while his eyesight got worser so luckily he doesn't exactly know what he looks like. No one has the heart to tell him, so everybody just plays nice and tries to avoid the topic.
When he turned to a young adult, he decided to move to Sunset Valley and try to become something.

Starting the first generation :

Future mothers name: Erin Kennedy
Test Subject
#217 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 6:18 PM
Ok decided to give this one a shot. What you can't see is his voice. I set it to number 3, as high as it would go. I'm including that, to see how long it takes to get a normal guy voice too.
_____

Young Adult Single White Male looking for Single Female.

I have my flaws sure, absent minded, clumsy, a bit of a couch potato, and some say I'm cowardly too. I am however, a hopeless romantic at heart; and I aspire to be swimming in cash.

I love kids music, and my favorite color is Lilac. I do have a refined sense of taste though, my favorite food is frog legs.

What I most desire is someone who is interested in reproduction, and enjoys the simpler things in life.

Mr. Fred Stud
555-5555
Twinbrook
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#218 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 8:05 PM
Okay I just went through this whole post, and I so want in! I'm going to go make me some fuglies right now! Then I'm gonna come back and post only 1 post with the 10 generation line.
This is gonna be so much fun!!

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Field Researcher
#219 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 9:12 AM
OMG! It was going so well for me, and I almost had the fugly diluted at generation 4, and when I went back to check my screen shots, they where all completely black! UGH! I guess I'm not supposed to do this challenge.. oh well... :"(

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Test Subject
#220 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 8:05 PM Last edited by Virgin Snake : 12th Jan 2011 at 10:08 PM.
I am so doing this challenge! I've never done a challenge before. I have a famiy on the 4th generation right now. youngest is a teenager dating the goth girl that I had to make because all the original goths died of old age with out having children.. at least malcom had kids... they didnt take his last name but he had them!! Anyways. I'd like to know if there are any rules. I'm not that familier with the legacy challenge and when I looked it up.. I kept getting link after link to what it was bassed off of until the name changed away from legacy >.o"
I shall start this challenge now!! I shall post back in the near future.

Alright here it is... The Challenge...
This is...
Blu #27

Bio: Blu #27 is an escaped alien expirement with serious mental ailments. Extremely childish, this creature is terrified of both water and electronics, as well as anything else that goes bump in the night. She also hates white rooms and the medical and science proffesions in general. Inorder to see she must wear glasses, though her eye sight is still blurry even with them. The collar she wears around her neck is her medical tag with her name on it. She doesn't take it off for fear she'll forget who she is.

Traits: Childish, Coward, Hydrophobic, Insane, Technophobic
She is a cancer and has a very high voice, that for some reason is more cute then annoying (go figure)

Upon placing her in a house at Bridgeport a pop up occured. It said..
Zoinks! Apparently your new property was built on an ancient buriel ground and the spirits are not at peace!
Challenge Accepted!

Blu is a young adult, who stole some shoes from one of the gaurds durring her escape. Her hair has been shaved on a regular bases sense her birth. She plans on finally letting it grow out and calling this new planet her home. She has noticed that she is different but could care less. Freedom is worth the stares, even her new ghostly friends can't upset her.

I might start a blog or story for her...
Test Subject
#221 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 11:35 PM
My Sims
Her name is Don'Serve Arealname
Haha, get it? Don't deserve A real name. :}D

On her trip to the local park she met Big Hartley.

She took him home and things really got hot! ;D

After a few days she became pregnant, then had a child.

It's name is Yuglie.

:3
I loooove this challenge!
I'm so happy my child didn't turn out cute like a lot of others.
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 8:18 PM
Default Kristof the Shrill
Okay so, I sort of went more 'terrifying' than 'ugly' with this guy, and I think it's biting me in the ass because no one will breed with him. Not even his wife.

Meet Kristof the Shrill:

He was once the recurring nightmare of a little girl in Pleasantview, but one night she died in her sleep and Kristof came to life.

Yes, that is his neutral face. (Slider hacks & custom sliders can do evil things.) He has a beak instead of a nose, and brow-eyes. Yes, brow-eyes, not eyebrows.

His traits:
Evil
Insane
Hot headed
Dislikes children
Never nude (thank god!)

This is him in the light of day with his first victim, Blair Wainwright.

This is him taking an evil bath O_O

He married Blair two days later (short lifespan mode) and woohoo was mentioned she got creeped out.

"You want to do WHAT?!!??"

So he started an affair with Anne Song who lives opposite them. Still no sex from her either. Though hopefully I'll have some demon-spawn to show you all soon. In the meantime he'll be writing his non-fiction novel, 'Why Won't Anyone Have Sex With Me?'

Happy birthday, Kristof!

You're now an adult nightmare spawn. With your lower jaw hanging out of your face.

Roo out
Test Subject
#223 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 2:35 PM
Meet Philamine:

And her daughter Phillis:

Getting better... Let's hope Phillis's children are significantly prettier.
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 6:54 PM
I think Phillis is cute already, though the blue skin is slightly offputting.
Test Subject
#225 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 12:00 AM
Ok so perhaps I was wrong about the ghosts not upsetting her... She couldn't do a thing... Constantly in the red!

But wait! What's this?

"Welcome to the neighborhood! I noticed you have a little ghost problem… would you like me to help bust ‘em for you?"

Yes! Bust my Ghosts! (How could I say no?)

Yay no more ghosts! Blu felt better after the ghosts where gone, got a job as a writer and asked Jason Baird, aka repo-man, on an outing. They became quick friends, and the option to move in was present very quickly.

Took me forever to get them dating... though they had a kid right away. I believe he was glitched, mainly because he only has three traits and couldn't up the romantic socials because it kept jumping back to "Thinks he's okay." They are finally married and have three kids now. Their eldest Sadie

and the Twins Lacy and Lilly

Objects and mods:
Pointed ears Cas Sliders by CmarNYC
Scribbling pad by Buzzler (Yay no need for a compuer to join the writing career!)
Autonomous Romantic Socials by Werismyki
Layerable Piercing Set by Winry
Fixed Gothic Gloves by Anubis360
From TSR...
Pure Heart Bracelet by Juzhitu
Butterfly Hair Clip by MelissaMel
af & am Accessory Earrings Hoop Small by DOT
Others...
Parsimonious boots by Kate
Choker.. can't remember where I found it... >.>
Page 9 of 16