Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Different bike speeds! *6 flavors*

by simarillion Posted 20th Jul 2009 at 11:20 PM - Updated 21st Sep 2011 at 2:38 AM by simarillion : Update

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 11:40 PM
Which version is similar to the default version?

I don't plan to have a super fast bike speed. I just feel bike speed in TS3 is a bit too fast. I want to slow them down a bit, but not to slow to a crawl.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Which version is similar to the default version?

I don't plan to have a super fast bike speed. I just feel bike speed in TS3 is a bit too fast. I want to slow them down a bit, but not to slow to a crawl.

biker 5 accels faster but has a top speed of 10 if you are looking for one that slows them down
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:20 AM
Nice mod. Thank you for all the variety.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 9:31 AM
Thanks for this, took speed 4 although I would have liked speed five but the speed was slower than normal.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:30 PM
Whoa, nice!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 8:00 AM
I'm using biker5, the slowest speed, but I still don't notice a speed difference. Is there a way to tell in the game if a mod is being used? The launcher doesn't list mods, oddly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:04 PM
Biker 5 is not the slowest speed biker 6 is, Did you instal it properly? Because I tried every speed out and I saw a noticable difference, biker 5 has less of a difference because it is closest to the original-it's just slower-The only way I can think of you knowing if its in your game is using a compatibility tester.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 7:39 AM
Yea, I installed it properly (in ..mods\downloads) and even with biker6 the bike speed still seems the same to me... I tried Indie Stone Compatibility Checker and it doesn't detect any conflicts and says your biker6 is a "tuning mod" so I guess it's being used but no way to tell in-game other than bike speed changing. I'm using the original game so perhaps that is a problem? Have you tested your mod with the original version?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 7:34 PM
You should extract the package and place it in {sims 3/mod/packages} not {mods\downloads} or it won't register. But I have tried every speed in a no cc or mod eviroment. Is anyone else having this problem?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 6:19 AM
On the PC, the backslash (\) is used to designate directory/folder not forward (/), which is only used on the Web (and probably Unix OSes). Regardless, the package is obviously in the correct place since, as I stated before, that the Indie Stone Mod Compatibility Checker (whatever it's called) detected it and didn't say it conflicted with any other mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 3:50 PM
It doesn't it's a tuning mod it should work, There is a noticable difference for me. Is anyone else having this problem?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 11:20 AM
Nope this works flawlessly for me. Using the slightly faster than normal speed. About in between a bike and speed 8 sports car.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 2:28 AM Last edited by simarillion : 1st Nov 2009 at 4:56 PM.
okay good to know
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 10:57 PM
Is this dl okay with AM ?
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 5:22 PM
This mod would be great if speed is tied to Athletic skill. Also is it hot to trot for LN?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 3:01 PM
It should still be up to date for LN, I still have the mod in my folder and it works just fine. and as for shyblue I have yet to try with AM but i sounds like they would be compatible

♥And then Buffy staked Edward...The End♥
Instructor
#18 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 6:22 PM
Does work with all Twallan's mods, and is it compatible with Generations?

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 2:37 AM
Generations works still for me and I checked with the mod compatiblimater thing and it shows compatibility with Twallans mods

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 6:37 PM
I need a reference.
What is the fastest speed EA Car on game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 10:53 PM
I believe it's the police car with a speed of 80mph I may be mistaken but that's what I found through google

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 12:49 AM
Does this work with 1.42?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 1:55 AM Last edited by Sojourner : 4th Jun 2014 at 2:12 AM.
Are the speeds given meters per second as it states in the package file, or meters per minute?

A second of real time at standard speed IS a Sim minute - but within the game it should be consistent. If the speeds listed are in game time then the fastest bike can't go over 3.7 mph. 100 m per Sim minute would equate to 3.7 mph.

However in the package file the author lists speeds in meters per second and then assumes that second equates to a RT minute, which should not be the case. Within the game that second is a Sim second. That would make the fastest bike run at 50 mph (sim time) which would make sense if people think that bike is too fast.

I think there's a nomenclature error and all those "per minute" speeds are actually "per Sim second", which is what you would need to use to determine how fast the vehicles are running within the game.

If I don't answer a direct question on the technical forums, I didn't see it. Feel free to PM me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 1:51 PM
biker 1 for the win! hahaha! it's so crazy seeing my sims zoom around town as fast as a car or something. hahaha!! :D