Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The RIP Mod *Updated*

by Nukapei Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 9:35 PM - Updated 8th Dec 2009 at 6:30 PM by Nukapei

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 10:38 PM
Great job, I would download because I would love not have ghosts every night, but when they come, I do enjoy having them, is it possible to also to increase the time they stay other than longer for two or three hours?? Great mod By the way
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 10:42 PM
Perfect! Could you make a version in which ghosts never appear?

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 11:28 PM
omg, thank you!
i was seriously getting very annoyed with my ghosts to the point where i would put the tombstones in my sims inventory.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 11:54 PM
Thank you very much for taking the time to do this, and thanks for sharing also!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:34 AM
I have two sims who are engaged. Late one night they "went for a walk" in the park and encountered a ghost. It ruined the whole romantic evening for her because she has the "overly excitable" trait or whatever. P***ed me off cuz that's not how I wanted MY story to progress. I would like a "no-ghosts period" mod, as well. Or maybe just 1% or have ghosts be confined to the graveyard. If I could figure out how to do it myself, I would. So until I do, thanks for this mod. I truly appreciate the effort and awesomeness.

Gawd, I'm loving S3!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:40 AM
I was having the same luck! The ghosts showed up every night, thanks for this fix =)

Sims 2 Stuff by Ben Harris, Profile + Terms of Use!
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 1:30 AM
I was annoyed about their frequency as well.. although I don't mind them staying longer.. that way my sims can talk to them if they want.

Thanks for this though
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 1:59 AM
Many thanks

I thought my sims ghost was staying up later because he was a daredevil in life... just an assumption I made because the others vaporise much earlier.

**don't drink from the mainstream**
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:27 AM
thanks , it was annoying me too !

Call me Tyu. (:
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:22 AM
lol thanks I have quite a few tombstones in my household and the ghosts are annoying
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:22 AM
Default Caution!!
Error!
the ghosts disappeared definitively!
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 7:01 AM
You can just pickup then delete the grave markers you know.
Scholar
#14 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Da_Schwartz
You can just pickup then delete the grave markers you know.

why not? This game isn't the same as sims 2. Even in sims 2, I deleted all the headstones and it didn't cause me a problem, there was always differning opinions on that anyway
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 10:35 AM
Great, the ghosts are little bit annoying! And it is possible to create a mod that would allow us to choose between three types of tombstones? This would help me!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:29 PM
Thank you so much! The ghosts in TS2 never bothered me as much as these do, I don't exactly mind having ghosts, but they're always there, five or six of them just loitering in the graveyard ALL night, ghosts are supposed to be rare and scary, not hanging out making silly faces at my Sims!! I wish they looked more mist like or something too, not like colourful jello...

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:27 PM
The thing that bothers me about ghosts is that they make so much noise. Playing computer games and watching tv. I'm using the ghost reaction mod, so they're not scaring my Sims, but they're still *so annoying*. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 8:43 PM
I don't mind them appear, but it is highly annoying when they stay long. Now I don't quite understand, if your modification is changing the frequency of ghosts appear to 5 or 10% chance, or does it make them stay for a shorter period of time also. I'm playing the Goth lot, and I must say that it was very very bad when Cornelia's dead mother stayed for Bella's and Mortimer's wedding at 4 pm!!!! and fell asleep right in front of the fridge so nobody could get to it!!!
If it changes the time they stay, can you make a version which leaves the 25% chance of appearing on? If this is an easy request. I would only want them to be gone by morning.
Well, until then, I'll try the 10% version. Thank you! :-)
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 1:22 AM
Default Warning
Error!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 3:17 PM
I have something slightly different: my ghost only appear at cementary!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gcm
Error!

Sorry about that, I'll check into it. Which version are you using?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 8:38 PM
Neat, thanks for this, Nukapei! I am downloading it now. From some other comments, it sounds like you've got some room to grow with this mod (ie being able to set the frequency rate).

To those saying to just delete the headstones... personally, I *want* the graves there, and I want the ghosts sometimes.... just not all the time!
I swear the incidence in my game has to be more like 80% or 85%.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mikrokitty
Neat, thanks for this, Nukapei! I am downloading it now. From some other comments, it sounds like you've got some room to grow with this mod (ie being able to set the frequency rate).

To those saying to just delete the headstones... personally, I *want* the graves there, and I want the ghosts sometimes.... just not all the time!
I swear the incidence in my game has to be more like 80% or 85%.

Thanks, Mikrokitty!

You're right, I was misreading what the game was saying. The odds of any given ghost spawning, according to my testing, is actually 64%. :P
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:28 AM
Thank you for this! I was really hoping to find a good ghost mod, and here I did. Ghosts in TS3 are so annoying. I'm on the fifth generation of my family now, and I'm keeping the tombstones of everyone related to them in their backyard mausoleum. Every night, at least five ghosts wander their house, making noise, slowing my game down, and just being obnoxious.

I am going to download the mod for no ghosts at all. I would like ghosts _sometimes_, though, but very rarely, even less than a 32% chance of each ghost appearing because even with that, many ghosts will still wander my sims' house every night. Would there be any way that you could make an even lower percentage -- say, 10% chance or below? I would be extremely grateful, and I'm sure others will be too! If you can't, that's okay, thanks for what you already made.
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 7:27 AM
I'm with rmrm up there... I'd be okay with the ghosts if they showed up VERY seldom, but in my game I have a house with a family cemetary out back (so far 8 tombstones) and I swear every one of those ghosts is in the house EVERY night, watching the television and breaking the computer. So I'm downloading the "no ghosts" mod for now, but if you make an "almost never" sort of mod, I'd swap out for that one.

Thanks!

~~O criature sciocche, quanta ignoranza è quella che v'offende!~~
Page 1 of 2