Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Realistic Newspaper Delivery

by Corrie Posted 18th Jul 2009 at 3:25 AM - Updated 17th Aug 2009 at 11:41 AM by Corrie

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 3:32 AM
Thanks! I agree, they should've been delivered earlier than 9 am.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 3:33 AM
Thank you so much!

They were delivered so late in the Sims3, this will certainly help with that annoyance!
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 3:41 AM
Where I live in Canada we get free weekly newspapers as well as multiple fliers. I find it annoying because I don't read the paper so it just builds up until recycle day. XD

I'd love a mod to STOP newspaper's from coming -- be able to cancel your subscription? My Sims don't read their papers either so it's equally annoying to have to get them to throw them out every day.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 3:51 AM
I'd also love the option to cancel my subscription!

Still, this is a good mod... although most of my families are struggling, so I doubt they could cough up the cash each day. xD
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 3:54 AM
:: It's up! It's up! It's up!

This is fantastic, and the fact that it's your first mod makes it that much better! ::

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 4:04 AM
I was absolutely thinking about this like two weeks ago!!
This is really cool.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 4:33 AM
You should smack people with a rolled up newspaper instead of a ruler Seriously, though, thank you much for this mod!
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 4:33 AM
I get free news paper here in Chicago all the time.. It's called the Red Eye but then again getting it delivered is another story lol..
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 4:45 AM
I'll assume that the newspaper is mandatory? As in, if my Sim can -just barely- make their bills, with only one Simoleon to spare, the newspaper girl will come by and destroy their hopes and dreams? (With the Repoman coming soon after?) xP

Though I know it's probably impossible (Everyone or no one, I'm sure), I also agree that it would be lovely to cancel a subscription.

Thanks for the lovely mod!
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 4:54 AM
I'm currently uploading the new version, that after one delivery, stops the Newspaper, and I shall upload it in a few minutes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

My Alter Ego's
MTS | The Sim Supply | The Exchange

"I used to have Multiple Personality Disorder but we're ok now"
"Click here to find out how to keep an idiot busy for hours"
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 5:55 AM
Can you make the newspaper come only like 3 times a week. Like Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Because I always have newspapers piling up.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 5:59 AM
Nice work, Corrie! Haha I'm so mean, I'm going to make it extra hard and pick the $10 one xD
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 5:59 AM
You have done a great job. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BoBoMaster13
Can you make the newspaper come only like 3 times a week. Like Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Because I always have newspapers piling up.

Yeah, I second that.

Over here, most newspapers you have to pay for but we get a free newspaper here too with local news and a few job vancanies.
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BoBoMaster13
I'm going to see if i can modify what days, but so far, I've had no such luck.
I'm not going to give up though. :D

Also, I've submitted the No More Newspaper so, that should be up sometime in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for all the support guys

My Alter Ego's

Field Researcher
#17 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 7:26 AM
Thank you i think sims paying for the newspaper is a good idea i got the 5$ one
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 8:00 AM
Wow thank you so much for this, and what will be the future no newspaper mod! :D

The voices in my head say you're the weird one.
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DBZMerciter2005
Wow thank you so much for this, and what will be the future no newspaper mod! :D

Haha, thanks. It still has to be accepted first.

My Alter Ego's

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#20 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 8:17 AM
Corrie - I am in awe - good work that man.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
#21 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 10:13 AM
The time change is a good thing, the kids that deliver are school kids and they deliver after school has started, just silly that.

Oh we get free newspapers here but they're as crap as the ones in sims 3.

The newspaper is starting to really irritate me now for it's stories, the director guy must be sick of making films in Sunset Valley
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
The time change is a good thing, the kids that deliver are school kids and they deliver after school has started, just silly that.

Haha. I never thought of it that way, Awesome. Thanks heaps.
I do find it a bit silly that they have to deliver papers, when they should be at school learning the value of education. :P

My Alter Ego's

Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 11:18 AM
VERY nice mod.

You've been very generous thus far and I feel bad asking, but is there any chance we can get one that changes the time but doesn't cost anything? I'll probably be getting the $3 version if not, but I think free papers are fairly common in many places.

If that mod already exists somewhere and I just missed it, nevermind.
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 11:20 AM
I'll make it up right now.
I thought i did that one. lol
EDIT: Found the File, and uploaded it. I knew i did that one. :P

My Alter Ego's

Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katana
VERY nice mod.

You've been very generous thus far and I feel bad asking, but is there any chance we can get one that changes the time but doesn't cost anything? I'll probably be getting the $3 version if not, but I think free papers are fairly common in many places.

If that mod already exists somewhere and I just missed it, nevermind.

Yeah can we get that?
Page 1 of 4