Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Insect Spawners

by Snaitf Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 9:31 PM - Updated 26th Jul 2009 at 7:22 PM by Snaitf

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 9:45 PM
Yess !! Finally !! Thanks A lot !!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 10:06 PM
This is GREAT Ty!!! Now i can have pretty lil butterflys right at home LOL.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." ~ George Carlin
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 11:00 PM
Perfect for children to observe and perhaps to hold them
Scholar
#5 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 11:06 PM
Thank you so much! I really wanted to be able to decorate my lot with butterflies without having them in the cages! This is invaluable for home decorating.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:04 AM
I was waiting for these since I saw your first download, of fish spawners! Brilliant idea! I can never find insects, now I'm sure to find some! Thanks, and looking forward to many more fantastic uploads from you!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:40 AM
Brilliant ^^
Scholar
#8 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:22 AM
This is cool. Butterflies look fun.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:52 AM
You are my hero need this since the sims2!
Question,no Fireflies?
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 4:08 AM Last edited by mason666 : 25th Jul 2009 at 4:37 AM.
sorry but dont work for me T.T,I can not buy,i just download the insect mod,dont need the others helllllllllllllp!
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mason666
sorry but dont work for me T.T,I can not buy,i just download the insect mod,dont need the others helllllllllllllp!

Looks like it's working perfectly. They are invisible, there is nothing to see when you buy them. They are "spawners", which means that butterflies will spawn from time to time around that area.
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mason666
You are my hero need this since the sims2!
Question,no Fireflies?

There are no Fireflies in Sims 3.... Unless I've totally missed something?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 7:44 AM
I think there are fireflies in sims 3, I've seen what looks like them... twice... so they are apparently rare. This is wonderful work! I'm grabbing all of your spawners... I love the idea of using them to make a garden public park, maybe something like the Japanese gardens near where I grew up. Thanks so much for this wonderful idea and the work you put into it!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 8:23 AM
Wonderful, I've downloaded this and the other ones too. I have added a few spots now in the garden to get nice butterflies flying around the flowers.

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moondragon77
I think there are fireflies in sims 3, I've seen what looks like them... twice... so they are apparently rare. This is wonderful work! I'm grabbing all of your spawners... I love the idea of using them to make a garden public park, maybe something like the Japanese gardens near where I grew up. Thanks so much for this wonderful idea and the work you put into it!

Well, if you follow the link to the wiki in my OP, there is no mention of fireflies, nor have I seen any refrences to fireflies in the game's files.
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:22 PM Last edited by LadyElina : 25th Jul 2009 at 2:28 PM. Reason: Fixed
Struggling to download the package, for some reason it keeps timing out. I managed to download all the others ok in the series (rocks, seeds, etc.) but this one just isn't kicking. Anyone else having this problem or am I dealing with selective internet voodoo gnomes again?

EDIT: It was the voodoo gnomes as always.
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:49 PM
sorry but dont work for me,just dont buy,i cant buy,and his price is 0? OMG
Si alguien puede traducir esto porfa,las mariposas aparesen en el modo comprar,pero no las puedo comprar,osea no me descuenta simoleones ademas que su valor es 0
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:37 AM
Got this and the rocks one to work but something went really wrong, I put a few spawners down on my lot (about 7) and the game killed the pc without any warning I got a BSOD. the game worked fine before the mods and after deleting them,

Is there a spawner limit on lots or total limit for the town?

Pc spec,
Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz
4GB DDRII ram
Geforce 9600GT 512MB DDR3 Vram
Windows xp home SP3

latest drivers/updates done, no other know issuses with the pc and no errors running the game before the mods,

I don't want to try a single mod or recreate the BSOD as I not wiling to run the risk of damaging the registry :S
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boneys26
Got this and the rocks one to work but something went really wrong, I put a few spawners down on my lot (about 7) and the game killed the pc without any warning I got a BSOD. the game worked fine before the mods and after deleting them,

Is there a spawner limit on lots or total limit for the town?

Pc spec,
Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz
4GB DDRII ram
Geforce 9600GT 512MB DDR3 Vram
Windows xp home SP3

latest drivers/updates done, no other know issuses with the pc and no errors running the game before the mods,

I don't want to try a single mod or recreate the BSOD as I not wiling to run the risk of damaging the registry :S

They are just clones of objects that already exist in the game, all I did was make them buyable. I can't see ANY reason they would have this kind of an effect on your system. When testing I placed around 30 in the same square on a residential lot, and had no problems.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 5:33 PM
My only complaint is I truly wish they had a visible marker above ground. I put more than I meant to in my simmie's home lot, and it lagged badly, so I've been having a nightmare of a time tearing up their yard trying to find them all. Apparently, I did not see that I had clicked some places trying to drag my curser through the lot, and put a *lot* more spawners in than I realized. *sigh*.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 7:52 PM
How do I remove these? I got a bit carried away and now my lot is crawling with bugs.
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:42 AM
There is one spawner that is called in german: "Baumnymphe", which can be translated as "tree nymph". I didn't see anything spawn with it, is this a butterfly or something EA didn't implement in the game?
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:12 PM
Thanks so much I just love this!!!!
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 5:39 PM
Thank you for this!

I have been wanting these butterflies in my garden!

Weird thing, though, there are 12 "butterfly spawners" but there are only 10 on the complete list. What's the other 2 for?

Next, I went to put Silver Butterflies on my lot. 14 days later, nothing. When I placed an Epic-labeled Butterfly on the 15th day, the Silver Butterflies showed up.

Also, can these spawners be placed on a covered ground? Meaning, if I placed a statue just above where the I placed the spawners, will it spawn?

I've been experimenting with these so as to label what works with what. What really is epic, high 1 high 2 etc.

Last, how deep should we dig down if we want to remove it. I placed one spawner at a specific spot & placed a mark on it so I won't forget. When the butterflies appeared, I tried to tear up that spot to find the spawner, pointed my cursor, and pointed. .. .& pointed. Dug deeper & deeper. Nothing.

I really love this mod but manipulating it in my lot is driving me nuts!

LOL!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 8:30 PM
Thank you! I have tried to delete the insect spawner because the bugs appeared far away from the shade I've wanted them. And it couldn't be deleted. I'm not planning to build anything on that spot, so it is not a biggie that the bugs are basking in the sun X-D

Also while searching for the fishes spawner, there were two fish spawners. One of them was the graveyard spawner, the other one was some ridiculous name consisting of numbers with the same icon... The lake is stocked with deathfishes and lobsters and angelfishes (that is the reason I didn't want the spawner anymore --I could catch deathfishes at daytime the same speed). I thought it was weird. I've deleted both. Haven't played since, but if you want I can report back if the stocked fishes disappeared or not.
Thanks again!
Page 1 of 2