Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Metal Babysitter

by Williham Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 9:28 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2009 at 11:00 PM by Williham : Changed Default Thumb

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 10:15 PM
This is pretty cool!! However im a little confused.. Is the CEP tuned to work with ts3 yet?

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." ~ George Carlin
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 10:17 PM
It seems like a cool mode but should it not be in the Sims 2 section?
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nelicquele1981
This is pretty cool!! However im a little confused.. Is the CEP tuned to work with ts3 yet?

Its a TS2 mod rather than TS3 i believe..
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 10:21 PM
No this object is TS3.. However the CEP Is TS2 And hasnt been updated since the TS3 Release.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." ~ George Carlin
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 10:33 PM
About time some keeps those darn toddlers in check. Thanks! Ha!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 1:23 AM
Only in the SIMS do we question whether or not we can fence in our babies.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 4:04 AM
50's again! great!

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:19 AM
Sweet! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:02 PM
I hate children (either in real life or in game) so it's a perfect way to keep them in a save distance Thanks!
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 8:45 PM
thanks
Inventor
#12 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 10:49 PM
No you can't play in the toilet, stay in your cage!! XD lol!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:23 AM
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Real innovation!

This reminds me of how my younger sister, when we got the first sims, would play the game: she'd turn move objects on and fence everyone in so they couldn't escape her control.

Bob's in the fridge again? Fence it!
Joe thinks he can just use the bbq whenever he feels like it (subsequently catching the hedge on fire)? Fence it!
Bill Neighbor thinks he can just run off and use your television while you're *trying* to befriend his sorry... um... behind? Fence him!

Anyway, thank you for this. It's good to know there are others out there who have control issues.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Megan116
I hate children (either in real life or in game) so it's a perfect way to keep them in a save distance Thanks!

be nice to kids please .they grow up knowing you hate them and thats not a nice filling.

Every one should read this please read and repost it.http://www.womensweb.ca/violence/rape/index.php
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 3:55 AM
thats mean
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 7:51 AM
thanks now I no longer have to build walls around my toddlers!
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 4:18 PM
How come the IndieStone Compatibility checker says there's a conflict? It list like 5 "metalbabysitter.package" lines, then 3. There's only one copy of the mod in the folder.

It's basically saying that there's more than one metal babysitter, and they're conflicting with each other; which makes no sense. There's only ONE.

????
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by robot85
How come the IndieStone Compatibility checker says there's a conflict? It list like 5 "metalbabysitter.package" lines, then 3. There's only one copy of the mod in the folder.

It's basically saying that there's more than one metal babysitter, and they're conflicting with each other; which makes no sense. There's only ONE.

????

Having done a little core-modding, my guess would be this: this gate is essentially a 'new build object' (ie: it's created in a way that emulates brand-new Store-bought objects).

This means that because it's 'new', the game can't possibly know about it yet, and the object therefore has to include its own control code which 'hooks' the core. Because of this control code, core-mod checkers will mistakenly think the object is a core modification, when it is in fact a core addition.

In most cases, such a mod should not (if created correctly) cause conflicts with core mods. If it does, the modder will most likely know about it (and post it as such), because they have had to modify core code to get it to work.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by halsian
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Real innovation!

This reminds me of how my younger sister, when we got the first sims, would play the game: she'd turn move objects on and fence everyone in so they couldn't escape her control.

Bob's in the fridge again? Fence it!
Joe thinks he can just use the bbq whenever he feels like it (subsequently catching the hedge on fire)? Fence it!
Bill Neighbor thinks he can just run off and use your television while you're *trying* to befriend his sorry... um... behind? Fence him!

Anyway, thank you for this. It's good to know there are others out there who have control issues.
Fence it! lol i used to kill off whoever ticked me off lol.
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 6:44 PM
Thank you so so so so much!!!! ive been waiting for something like this. I hate it when toddlers get in the way of things!
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 10:07 PM
im just a little confuzzeled where do you find the fence in the game? cause i really need to fence it my playroom
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 6:47 PM
yes where do you find the fence in the game??
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 4:27 PM
ingenious! thank you.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 8:11 PM
Does this actually work as a babysitter? Can both parents go to work and leave the toddler (with a full belly) in the playpen with some toys and a pottychair (pottytrained of course) and not have a social worker come and steal the toddler?
I just started playing sims3 and my family is having money troubles because only one parent has a job so the other can take care of the toddler.

I have moved again this time to a private domain here are the links:
Sims 4: https://monochaos.blog/
Sims 2: https://sims2.monochaos.blog/
Field Researcher
#25 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 11:29 PM
LOL so evil !
Perfect though.
I hate having stray toddlers :X
Page 1 of 2