Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 7010 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 7:46 PM
Sims 3 Game Launcher Problem
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, but I need a solution to this problem before I lose it. I have had The Sims 3 since release day and have spent basically everyday trying to figure out why when I try to start the Sims 3 Game Launcher, a box pops up saying "Sims3Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close". I have emailed and called EA with no solution... of course, I didn't expect them to figure it out though... they're idiots. I know other people have had this problem too. I know I can launch the game using TS3.exe, but that prevents me from installing official EA add-ons and patches. Has a solution been found for this problem yet or at least a workaround where I can install .sims3pack files without the launcher? Please... ANYONE who knows how to fix this... help me before I go postal at EA!

What doesn't kill me will make me stronger!
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
24th Jul 2009 at 7:50 PM
This message has been deleted by Canoodle. Reason: Not correct
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 7:54 PM
I've had the exact same problem.
I was told I should try re-installing the game so I uninstalled it but now I can't install it again, hah. There's probably something wrong with my CD though so I suggest you try re-installing the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 7:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Have you tried Delphy`s installer monkey?

On the description of the Installer monkey, it says that it doesn't install .sims3pack files... unless something has recently changed about it.

Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 10:11 AM
I have the exact same problem and am still naively hopeful tha EA will come up with a solution. i continue to try to work with their Customer Support people to see if it is a problem with Vista or if it is just a general problem.

I have downloaded the Installer monkey but it doesn't work with the .sims3pack files that I have been wanting to install. It is all VERY frustrating.
Coffee, anyone?
staff: retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 10:19 PM
http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool....php?topic=53.0 Delphy has a multi-installer for sims3packs. It is normally used for multiple installs, but it might work for you.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:19 AM
Thanks... I'll try it out and let everyone know.

Section jump