Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xanathon
No it's not possible, since both eyes are pulled from one texture.

Thanks for that, at least I can now tell people who ask me, that it can't be done! I remember there was a mod to do it in TS2, by Generalzoi (a mod called 'Different Eyes', I used it with a few of my TS2 sims) but I think it involved a new mesh of some sort - as a total newbie to meshing, I have no idea how that worked!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 12:05 PM
Hey, I'm a totale newbie to anything involving this sort of stuff and I can't get past the first step! I've downloaded the wolf eyes and the S3PE, I've opened the eyes with the program, but now what? I see no button that I can press that says extract.

I'm so not good with all this tecty stuff.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qualara
Hey, I'm a totale newbie to anything involving this sort of stuff and I can't get past the first step! I've downloaded the wolf eyes and the S3PE, I've opened the eyes with the program, but now what? I see no button that I can press that says extract.

I'm so not good with all this tecty stuff.

In S3PE, once you've opened the package file, click on the second item shown in the main window at the upper left, which has a 'Type' of 0x00B2D882, to highlight it - that's the graphic file (.dds) containing the template for the eye. Then choose File menu, Export, and it will extract the DDS file.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
In S3PE, once you've opened the package file, click on the second item shown in the main window at the upper left, which has a 'Type' of 0x00B2D882, to highlight it - that's the graphic file (.dds) containing the template for the eye. Then choose File menu, Export, and it will extract the DDS file.

Hahaha! How easy was that. Now I feel dumb. Thanks so much sweet heart. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 2:07 PM
Another dumb question that is most likly sitting right infront of my face....but. I've made my pretty eyes but I forgot to ask, do they need to be a special colour for them to be recolourable? Or any old colour will be fine?

Also I have the newer version of the CTU and the pictures are all different to want I have. Now, were do I put my new eye picture? Because there is no face overlay in other, or in texture, that field is blank.
Scholar
#31 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qualara
Another dumb question that is most likly sitting right infront of my face....but. I've made my pretty eyes but I forgot to ask, do they need to be a special colour for them to be recolourable? Or any old colour will be fine?

They should be as white as possible. Or to be more specific, they should have the color, they should have, when you select the brightest possible white in CAS.

Quote:
Also I have the newer version of the CTU and the pictures are all different to want I have. Now, were do I put my new eye picture? Because there is no face overlay in other, or in texture, that field is blank.

There should be an face overlay in the textures tab. Make sure, you really have the current version. in the version before it was missing...
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
They should be as white as possible. Or to be more specific, they should have the color, they should have, when you select the brightest possible white in CAS.

There should be an face overlay in the textures tab. Make sure, you really have the current version. in the version before it was missing...

So there is a new download? Was that today becasue I downloaded this version a few hours ago.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 3:12 PM
I do have the curent one, I even redownloaded it just incase. :D

There is still no face overlay for the tiger costume paint, there is with everything else, like the lipgloss I made before. Maybe I'm just seeing it wrong.

I'm so sorry, I'm no good with writen instructions, I have to be showen step by step to get it. It's alright, I'll give my eye drawing to someone who can do it. I'll just stick to making lip glosses. xD
Field Researcher
#34 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 6:15 PM
@EsmeraldaF: That's a really annoying problem with the cross eyes. I want to make normal eyes with reflections in the upper left corner and the look good for adult males, but female and children look cross-eyed because the reflections are not on the same side for both eyes. The texture for one eye is mirrored.

Does anybody know how to avoid this?
Scholar
#35 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Killc*a
@EsmeraldaF: That's a really annoying problem with the cross eyes. I want to make normal eyes with reflections in the upper left corner and the look good for adult males, but female and children look cross-eyed because the reflections are not on the same side for both eyes. The texture for one eye is mirrored.

You probably have to edit the uvmap of the eye meshes. But I think, adding a reflection on the eye texture should be avoided, because you never know, from which position the light comes ingame and what is reflected.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Killc*a

Yes, seconding what jonha says - the game supplies its own light reflections in the eyes depending on where the light source is at any particular time, so if you add your own reflection to the graphic file in the upper left corner, it will look 'wrong' when the game supplies a reflection in a different part of the eye. I would still love to be enlightened as to why teen-elder male eyes seem to be coded differently from female and children's eyes, as I still haven't found the answer to that and it makes no sense!
Scholar
#37 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 8:22 PM
If anybody is really interested, i could try to hack the eye meshes. But this would be a default replacement, and I don't really see a reason for this, as I think, reflections should be avoided, and I personally don't use these crossed or otherwise crazy looking eyes.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 9:51 AM
i am fallow this tut step by step but i still have problem and something i do wrong ;( can somebody help me please? i am post my problem with picks here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post2822969 thank you
Mad Poster
#39 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 3:59 PM
I've discovered how to make contacts without them coming out black and having to set the colours to white in CAS. This will make things a lot easier, especially for those who haven't read the instructions to set the colours to white and then wonder where they went wrong. Now, they don't have to!

In Delphy's CTU, on the Textures screen for the Facial Overlay, do your usual steps for putting in the key to remove the costume mask, and for replacing the face overlay with your own. Then, click on Tint Colour A to highlight it, and note that a small box at the bottom of the screen labelled 'Colour' is displaying a colour, in this case the orangey colour from the tiger mask.

Click on that box, and in the pop-up that comes up, click on one of the white squares along the bottom row of the squares of colours on the left, then click OK:

You will see that the small Colour box at the bottom of the screen has turned white. Do the same for Tint B and Tint C (and D if the mask you're using has D enabled).

Now when you add the new package to your game and open it in CAS, all three colours will be already set to white and your eyes will appear as they should be. (This also works for face masks/overlays, where they also previously had to be manually set to white.)
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 7:13 AM
I dont know what you mean by extract the dds file and you will see the image with the eye
Test Subject
#41 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 7:17 AM
nevermind
Test Subject
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 5:47 PM Last edited by prinny king : 4th Jan 2010 at 9:50 PM. Reason: Sharingan Eyes, intersted anyone???
Default hi
Hi everyone,
I am the latest newbie, and i just made two new pairs of Sharingan, and as far as i can see they have not been made and i want some to see my work.

I dunno how to take screen shots but i do have the links:

Madara's Eye: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=308KCDCQ

Sasuke's Eye: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DUWLZYVE

these are links of how the eyes should look:
Sasuke Eye
Madara Eye

Please comment, tell me on improvements, i am willing to learn!

L
Mad Poster
#43 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prinny king
Hi everyone,
I am the latest newbie, and i just made two new pairs of Sharingan, and as far as i can see they have not been made and i want some to see my work.

I dunno how to take screen shots but i do have the links:

Madara's Eye: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=308KCDCQ

Sasuke's Eye: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DUWLZYVE

these are links of how the eyes should look:
Sasuke Eye
Madara Eye

Please comment, tell me on improvements, i am willing to learn!

You need to make a new thread in the Creator Feedback Forum for this, and then someone will hopefully be able to help you there - this thread is for questions & answers about the Tutorial itself.
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 9:44 PM
sorry about that i am still quite new to the forum

L
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
All females of every age come out with crossed eyes. It's only the males teen-elder that come out with their eyes to the side instead. It seems to be a 'women and children only' set of eyes. I'm completely bewildered by this. Does anyone, by any chance, have an explanation?? LOL.

I was poking around in the GEOM files for sim faces, and it looks like men don't have separate eye meshes, and women lack eyelash meshes. (Both of these are stored in the lod0_1 file for the appropriate gender) Oddly enough, it didn't look like editing the eyes in the female meshes altered the male eyes as well. I'm not sure what sort of voodoo the guy's eyes are running on, but this might be part of your problem.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by poifectly_poiple
I was poking around in the GEOM files for sim faces, and it looks like men don't have separate eye meshes, and women lack eyelash meshes. (Both of these are stored in the lod0_1 file for the appropriate gender) Oddly enough, it didn't look like editing the eyes in the female meshes altered the male eyes as well. I'm not sure what sort of voodoo the guy's eyes are running on, but this might be part of your problem.

That's a very interesting finding! How strange! I guess that could well explain why men's and women's eyes turn out different - I wonder who thought it was a good idea to design them differently for each gender, and why? Will have a look through those meshes out of curiosity when I get a chance, thanks for investigating!
Test Subject
#47 Old 19th May 2010 at 2:10 PM Last edited by kyotolim : 19th May 2010 at 2:29 PM.
Help, the eyes won't show up. I followed the tutorial step by step but the eye does not show up!! I get a picture like this:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#48 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 6:36 PM
Could somebody upload the .dds file again please? The one from the beginning. I get a 404 Error.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meanae
Could somebody upload the .dds file again please? The one from the beginning. I get a 404 Error.

I would love if someone could link the .dds file as well or something similar. Thanks!
Test Subject
#50 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 6:46 AM
For the life of me I cannot correctly change the mask key. Can someone tell me how to do it?
Page 2 of 3