Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 2197 times. | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Resolved
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 7:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Can't install content - Please help
I've done all the steps listed in this page:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

But I still can't install and use the contents from this site.

I took a few printscreens of the important directories so you can help me figure out what's wrong.

Am I putting things in the wrong place or something? Please help

Advertisement
In the Arena
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:59 PM
All cc .package should just go in /Mods/Packages. you should remove the one in the Games/Bin
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 8:46 PM
That doesn't solve it : |
Scholar
#4 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 9:03 PM
Everything looks right if the resource.cfg is set up correctly. Maybe try another mod? For example the no mosaic mod here or something simple like the no sleep Zzz mod.
In the Arena
#5 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 9:13 PM
@zupidupi, did you download that file from this site? Which package is that? Maybe the file is corrupted during download or is simply a bad .package file.

Have you tried with another .package file?
If it cannot recognize any .package file, I believe the culprit is the Resource.cfg file, in which case you'd need go through the wiki again and to redownload that .cfg from here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:39 AM
The package is the following:

http://www.modthesims.info/download...=0&page=2&pp=25

I've tried other packages and none work. I've tried with that resource file and nothing.

more ideas?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 2:20 AM
Wow I am impressed that worked for me. Thank you Thank you!!!!
In the Arena
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 9:14 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 2nd Aug 2009 at 9:15 AM. Reason: spelling
Quote:
Originally Posted by zupidupi
The package is the following:

http://www.modthesims.info/download...=0&page=2&pp=25

I've tried other packages and none work. I've tried with that resource file and nothing.

more ideas?

Looks like something is wrong with your .cfg file if all custom content are not showing. Could you post the contents of your resource.cfg file? I doubt it's that boots package as others seem to be using it fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 12:35 PM
I used the one you gave me. How do I open it? I tried with notepad and this showed up:

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/.package
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 12:40 PM
I tried installing it with the help monkey program and it says:

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

But I'm not using it anywhere else. I don't understand.

Other times it says:

Access to the path C:\Programas\Electronic Arts\Os Sims 3\Mods\Packages\ bsi_syera_ts3_accessory_FTYAA_2ColorElbowLengthGloves.package is denied

I believe the problem might be the directories
In the Arena
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:58 PM
1. Are you installing with the game running? Game cannot be running when installing new stuff.

2. Are you on Vista? There's a specific UAC version of the Installer Helper for Vista users with UAC issues. Read the thread there, the solution for you might be available there.

3. Are you doing a right-click on the .package file to install it while the file is already in C:\Programas\Electronic Arts\Os Sims 3\Mods\Packages\ path? How about cut+paste that boots .package to desktop, right-click and install it again?

4. Can you test with the no musical notes mod or no red line mod )? Simple and visibly easy to test...can you still see musical notes when playing instruments or the red line when paused?

5. Have you remove the *Thumbnails.package from \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails ? (necessary to force the game to generate new thumbnails if you install new objects or textures/patterns)

report back which steps work/don't work for you...gd luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 7:37 PM
It works!!! I don't know which step worked, but it did. Thank you so much XD
Closed Thread

Section jump