Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Cough Drop - Stop sims choking/coughing while eating

by TigerM Posted 1st Aug 2009 at 12:31 AM - Updated 1st Aug 2009 at 8:36 AM by TigerM

115 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 106 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 12:43 AM
I was wondering why my Sims were always choking. Don't they know to chew their food? Though once in a while is okay, since we all do like laugh or something and food goes down the wrong way.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 12:46 AM
Thank you so much for this now i know i'm not the only one who was severly annoyed by how my sims kept coughing while they ate it 's ridiculously annoying but with this its no more
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 12:48 AM
THANK YOU.....that had to be one of the most annoying animation in the sims 3. It would have been fine if was only a few times but no it seemed ever sim did it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 12:52 AM
I was wondering when this was going to come out! It really annoys me whenever I see my sims start choking on their food every meal. Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 12:56 AM
CHEW YOUR FOOD YOU'RE AN ANIMAL
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:00 AM
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! This is the most logical, all-around best mod I've ever seen so far that modifies a specific annoyance. Well done.

I cannot express how annoying it was thinking my sims are choking to DEATH every single time they have a meal of any kind (what sort of morbid freaks at EAxis thought this was a good idea?!). Thanks again.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:00 AM
THANK YOU! I was SO fed up with all of my Sims coughing and choking on their food EVERY time they ate - my Sim dinner tables were more like TB wards! Thanks very much!
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:07 AM
awesome thank you tiger
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:13 AM
You rock! That animation was so annoying. (Yay - I can now use the past tense!) When I first got the game, I kept cancelling their eating because I thought something was wrong with the food. Lol.

Boredom is counterrevolutionary.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:17 AM
Woo I've been wanting a mod like this, perfect, thanks.
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:18 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's so annoying how during every meal my sims find the need to try and swallow the largest chunks lol.
Instructor
#13 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:19 AM
Thank you for making our Sims a little less stupid.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:47 AM
The picture you have for this mod is perfect! :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:51 AM
THANK YOU! That constant choking for no real reason annoyed the poo out of me! Why EA stuck it in there I'll never know!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 2:02 AM
Brilliant!

I'm surprised the patch didn't address the issue, since it did address the scaredy-cat pool syndrome from non-hydrophobic sims.

"Ociffer, I swear to drunk I'm not God!"
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 2:06 AM
Yaaaay! My sims were still doing that stupid choking every meal even without spoiled foods or slob trait & when the quality of the ingredients, appliances and meal were awesome! At first I was worried and now just annoyed. Thank you thank you thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by similicious20
Brilliant!

I'm surprised the patch didn't address the issue, since it did address the scaredy-cat pool syndrome from non-hydrophobic sims.
Well the pool issue was an actual bug, in that the sims were not supposed to be afraid of the water at all but they were. The coughing/choking they designed that way.
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 2:30 AM
The coughing/choking while eating always pisses me off!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR FIXING IT!!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 2:34 AM
Ive been wondering why they cough so much, i mean cmon waay to much with just 1 meal..
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 2:58 AM
I've probably only coughed while eating food 10 maybe 20 times in my whole life so far.
My sim seems to be going for the record of 100 CPM.

Thank you for this Mod!
I don't want it removed, just... lessened. Thank you.
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:00 AM
Thank you so much! SO MUCH! This was so irritating!

Sim and let Sim...
Inventor
#23 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:00 AM
Oh thank goodness!! It seems my Sims choke nearly every time they eat!! And... Here's another instance where I didn't know there was a bug. I was beginning to wonder why there was apparently no benefit to eating favorite foods...
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:03 AM
OMG MY SIMSELF CAN BE MY SIMSELF! I never ever ever have choked in my entire life and she chokes every five seconds
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:16 AM
.. that explains it.
So I wasn't crazy, right?
Close to perfect food.. *cough sputter*
bah.
Silly sims.
NOW, LEARN TO CHEW.
Page 1 of 5