Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 11203 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Game Crashing at Loading Screen (Have read "Game Help" Section)
So today I downloaded the Install Helper Monkey only to find that my game didn't work anymore. I uninstalled the Installer Helper but the problem still occured. And even after I uninstalled it, the monkey icon still appears next to all my files, and when I click "Open with..." to change it, there are no other options to open them with. I even then uninstalled then re-installed my game, but the monkey icon still appears I've deleted all my custom content, and I tried deleting the cache files as instructed in the Game Help Section, but no luck It freezes at the first loading screen and then completely crashes. I have installed a patch, but that was a while ago and didn't have any problems previously.

Please help What am I missing?
Advertisement
shiny!
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 5:06 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - Loading Crashes
    If your game is crashing on load, with or without an error message, or the game starts up then just disappears, then you have a loading crash.

Please see the following FAQ and go through the steps listed in order to try fixing your game: Game_Help:Sims_3_Loading_Crasheswiki.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 7:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - Loading Crashes
    If your game is crashing on load, with or without an error message, or the game starts up then just disappears, then you have a loading crash.

Please see the following FAQ and go through the steps listed in order to try fixing your game: Game_Help:Sims_3_Loading_Crasheswiki.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.

Erm...Have read "Game Help" Section and done everything.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: administrator
#4 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 7:53 PM
You've also generated fresh user files? The Helper Monkey simply cannot cause issues with the game itself - all it does is create a couple of perfectly safe files, and move files into the Mods\Packages folder.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
YOUR BUTTHURT SUSTAINS ME.

Section jump