Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dark Skies: From Darkness to Light -- Three Default Eye Replacement Sets

by lazywnch Posted 9th Aug 2009 at 4:06 AM

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 9:28 AM
The Milky Way's eyes are super.
Thank you

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 1:38 PM
They look gorgeous.Wonderful and amazing. Very well done and a big bunch of thanks to take time to make such lovely eyes for us.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 6:18 AM
I love these they look pretty nice. mmm it would be nice if someone make Anime eyes as the ones there where in the sims 2 and if someone dicovered a way to be able to put diferent eyes without replacing the existing ones ^^
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 3:39 PM
i luv luv luv full moon it is so pretty
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:16 PM
Thank you!

----------------------------------
Lindsay Penn
ChasingTaboo.com
Inventor
#7 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:10 AM
I love them all but Eclipse is my fav and it even has the same name as one of my fav TS2 creators.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:56 AM
I'm really glad you like them. My very first custom content attempt. :}
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 2:09 AM
I can't seem to find the "Mods" folder. Do I have to make it?
Forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question.
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 3:39 AM
Nevermind. I found the answer to my question. Thanks for the beautiful eyes by the way.
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 4:34 PM
Love the Milky Way eyes... me being a Twilight fan squealed at the mere thought of 'Eclipse' eyes but i digress... XD Thanks!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 2:59 AM
These are very nice! Can't wait 2 play them!

Trixxi Starr says...
Quote:
"Fallen in the fields of battle the soldier asks, 'Who will remember me? Who will remember me??'
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 5:06 AM
so...nobody has figured out the way to do non-replacement eyes? if someone does, i would appreciate if you made these sets non-replacements
i like to have a lot of eye options without having to edit my installed content, but these are my favorite eye sets ive seen yet for the sims 3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siera13
so...nobody has figured out the way to do non-replacement eyes? if someone does, i would appreciate if you made these sets non-replacements
i like to have a lot of eye options without having to edit my installed content, but these are my favorite eye sets ive seen yet for the sims 3

There is a way to make contacts, but I'm not satisfied with how these transfer as of yet. I'm having issues with color vibrancy. The tinting seems dull to me. But I am working with contacts, and I'll see what I can do. :}
Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:21 PM
These are definitively the BEST eyes that are made so far,whoever wants to compete with you will have to make a big effort !Congratulations lazywnch
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 9:03 PM
these look absolutely stunning in my game. thank you so much for sharing ^_^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 6:46 AM
Thank you. I'm so glad you like them. :lovestruc
Banned
#18 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 10:02 AM
Epicness
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 5:50 AM

Update: Well, since uploading my Dreamtime Romance contacts here, I feel like I have a better grip on contacts and colors, so I'll try to get to this request as I'm able. Thanks for the interest in them. :}
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 5:24 PM

The Bad News: I've tried several different attempts at making these contacts, and I simply don't like how they turn out. The issue here is that there's a significant difference in the way default eyes and "contacts" pick up colors. Default eyes can have a vibrancy and natural blend of color that contacts can't seem to mimic. Contacts seem "tinted," by which I mean they take an overlay of color in a more muted manner with a certain density of color that doesn't create highlights and interesting blends.

So, unfortunately, I probably won't be making these into contacts. Thank you, though, to everyone who has downloaded one or more of these sets for use. I appreciate all the supportive thanks and comments. :}
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 5:30 AM
Thank you so much for these default eye replacements!!! They are BY FAR my most favorite I've seen! (Milky Way is so damn pretty) I have both this and your Dreamtime Romance contacts installed and I adore them. Thank you thank you thank you! _(. ._)
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 11:30 PM
Finally! Eyes that aren't all glassy looking! Thanks! They are very nice.
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 3:08 AM
im really sorry for asking this question but where do i put these. I read the install instructions but i can't find mods. i found packages going through the documents>ea. This is my first time downloading CC that isn't from the sims 3 website . I'm terribly sorry to be a bothersome.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 6:49 PM
They all are gorgeous. Thanks
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 12:55 AM
All of these sets are stunning, I'll definitely be using all three at various points in time... but for default play, the Milky Way set is by far my favorite. Great job!!
Page 1 of 2