Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 1:24 AM
Default the sims 3 fat gene?
im not sure if im right so i want other people to try this, i've noticed one time i placed a sim i downloaded off the internet in my game that i meet her later and she gained a TON of weight i was thinking MABY there is some sort of fat gene (dont ask why i dont even know) but i decided to try it by having one of my female sims eat a ton of food when she was pregnate and it seems that now her child seems to slowly gain weight over time rather than losing it or having it stay the same!!! i was wondering if other people have tried this or wants to try it (i think it would be great to have the sims slowly gain weight if they have no exercise it would make the game much more realistic)
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 1:52 AM
I don't know, I'm pretty sure AwesomeMod gets rid of that. Most of my sims don't really gain or lose weight because I rarely have them exercise and I never have them eat more than they need.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:05 AM
I dunno..but I've experienced something similar.
I never had a problem up until this with sim weight gain. haha
Both of my 'sim' parents were in shape and thin...they had a kid, and one day I noticed the kid had a bit of a belly. And he ate regularly..with his family.
Then..he just kept getting bigger and bigger.
When he finally aged up into a teenager...a fat teenager..I could work him out. And I constantly have to work him out for him to stay fit!
haha it's sorda funny..but annoying. No matter what I do, he just keeps getting fat. lol
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:10 AM
One of my sims suddenly got fat over a few sim hours and I don't know why! She was newly created and it seemed to happen while she was taking a class in cooking (snacking on the ingredients maybe?). The rest of her family stayed slim.

Could the natural cook trait make them more likely to be overweight?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:33 AM
There's a mod if you're sick of them working out then waking up the next morning the same weight as they were before they hit the gym. I'm not too sure what it's called, but it extends how long you stay fit for. I think it has different flavors, I have the one called 'stay fit for 90 days'. I used to have a 'hood full of fatties, but I got that mod and I didn't notice it at all afterwards.
Alchemist
#6 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 8:07 AM
I've actually had it with one of the children my sim gave birth to, she started off really really skinny and once she was an adult, she was the fatest they could be ...

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Theorist
#7 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 8:16 AM
I have the opposite problem. One of my Sims married the mail carrier and she's stick thin. No matter what I do, she won't gain weight. I used the editsim command in awesomemod just to check her body, and she started out with no muscle mass and no body fat. I have had her lift weights off and on her entire adult life but now that she's an elder she looks anorexic. One of her daughters is so skinny her face looks drawn and gaunt. I had the other of her daughters marry a fat Sim just to see if I could get Sims somewhere in the middle.
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 9:40 AM
Just reading this thread makes me wanna make a skinny sim and force feed him\her every simday till they become a fat sim. >>
Alchemist
#9 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:26 AM
hmm thats strange. I found when you force feed the sim, that seems to work

And OMG killmur i so gotta do that .

Instructor
#10 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:28 AM
Well thing is since TS1 I have always tended to do mean things to my sims. For instance ever since Billy Joel got married I forced his wife up stairs into the unfurnished bathroom and er...nvm!
Alchemist
#11 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:34 AM
lol . how could you do such a thing

although, in its own way, i think thats really the only purpose of sim games .

Instructor
#12 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:35 AM
Cause I have always had the Evil Trait!
Alchemist
#13 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:40 AM
killmur?? no!! //not sarcastic at all .

Alchemist
#14 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:40 AM
espically since he won't share his icecream

EDIT: okay i take that back.. hes now sharing his icecream .

Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
I have the opposite problem. One of my Sims married the mail carrier and she's stick thin. No matter what I do, she won't gain weight. I used the editsim command in awesomemod just to check her body, and she started out with no muscle mass and no body fat. I have had her lift weights off and on her entire adult life but now that she's an elder she looks anorexic. One of her daughters is so skinny her face looks drawn and gaunt. I had the other of her daughters marry a fat Sim just to see if I could get Sims somewhere in the middle.

The first bit sure is weird, but that last part kind of makes sense - unlike real life, in Sims 3 elders apparently cannot have muscles (Maxis never knew my form room teacher, obviously, who could probably wrestle a bear). Since you were building muscles and not gaining fat, when she became elder she would have lost it...
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 8:34 AM
I found it strange that a game where I played Holly Alto she always stayed very slim even though she didn't exercise and ate whenever she wanted to, but in my current game I haven't played her at all and she's a chubba!

I would have thought that a sims eating and exercise patterns would stay constant unless you manipulated them.
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 12:46 AM
I also have the opposite problem, all of my sims in my legacy are bulimic-thin, untill their son got maried to a really fat woman who has a very rich and very fat family. Then a couple sim-weeks later I invited him to a party and it looked like he weighed 300 pounds!

So maybe it has to do with how rich or poor your sims are.
Scholar
#18 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 3:30 AM
There must be a fat gene and a thin gene, or maybe it's just related to the personality traits you put on them. Though one I'm sure of, I did create very fat because I thought she looked cute fat. But as I was playing her, because she had the athletic trait, she slimmed down a lot and I decided to keep her that way. But lo and behold, unless she would go for a good run or cardio workout at least every other sim day, she would pile on weight super-fast---even faster than real people with weight issues do in real life. She did also have a Natural Cook trait.

My Buffy Summers sim which I had shared with some other people--well I need to ask them how she is faring in their game. The one photo somebody shared with me showed she was looking anorexic in their game, too. In mine she started out slender and just looks absolutely skeletal now, kind of like Sarah Gellar did look in real life after doing the Buffy show for several seasons. But it's not a very good look for my sim. She is always working out in the Riverview gym. So I think autonomously, they do tend to seek out activities relating to their traits, and some of those traits may lead to activity to make some sims chronically thin, or inactivity, which makes them chronically fat. I don't know about anyone else, but I find Sunset Valley had the obesity epidemic going on more than RiverView seems to.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#19 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 7:14 AM
Sims suddenly becoming massively fat or whatever is not dependent on any other factors other than the pure capriciousness of random EA StoryMode Mutilations. If you don't care for this sort of thing, you'll have to replace the story driver. Otherwise, you're SOL.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
#20 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Sims suddenly becoming massively fat or whatever is not dependent on any other factors other than the pure capriciousness of random EA StoryMode Mutilations. If you don't care for this sort of thing, you'll have to replace the story driver. Otherwise, you're SOL.
Is that applicable to the sims you're controlling? I mean, Autumn DID start out fat. I thought it was reasonable that "fat" would be her equilibrium state of being and that any other level of fitness would have to be worked at to be maintained.

However, I can see your statement holding true for when the sims are not under direct control. They did seem to get fat or thin for no reason, with obesity being positively an epidemic for some of us.